User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-25-2021, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
Then Lindsey and Stevie can be in 2 separate places and edited together like it's an actual concert. Stevie can then spend weeks on closeups and editing her speeches so they actually make sense.
Is it even possible with the best editing to make those stories sensible? I listened to that Gypsy diatribe and I'm still not sure what the hell she was selling. It's like that place in set was there specifically for Stevie to drop triggers like "SAN FRANCISCO!," "THE VELVET UNDERGROUND!," and "1968!" and then name drop whatever artists popped into her head whom she knew would get from the largely boomer audience.
Old 03-25-2021, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Is it even possible with the best editing to make those stories sensible? I listened to that Gypsy diatribe and I'm still not sure what the hell she was selling. It's like that place in set was there specifically for Stevie to drop triggers like "SAN FRANCISCO!," "THE VELVET UNDERGROUND!," and "1968!" and then name drop whatever artists popped into her head whom she knew would get from the largely boomer audience.
Exactly. It was all about showing the band that she's more famous than they are. And none of them (except Mick) really care about that.
And when she got called out by the person she hates the most, she went on the attack. Lindsey called her out on it at musicares, plain and simple. Even Christine had a whistle.

She has nothing else in her life but the need for attention. Add BuckVie album/tour, and you've got yourself a WAR!

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-26-2021 at 01:54 PM..
Old 03-25-2021, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

Had the no-nonsense John Courage managed the OWTS tour, Stevie’s anecdotage would have been immediately dealt with. Her overlong stories would have been “tale-docked.”
Look, Greenpeace may have been for a good cause but when they would take up donations for it, it was the most boring thing on earth. The audience would go from being excited at the prospect of one last song to wanting to run for the exits. And Stevie would prolong it by rambling and kidnapping little girls to pull onto the stage.

For myself, by contrast, I kind of like anecdotes to an extent. I want to hear about her car and her deceased dog and her waitressing skills, within reason.

People always get on Lindsey for his speeches (which Stevie finds very boring) but I am open to those too.