User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-29-2022, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Then after the show you drove to a dark cornfield and showed him your sister honey while you played HAEWFY.
He stuck his hand inside my glove, and I was so afraid that I had to show him my green manalishi.
Old 12-29-2022, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Do you mean that you love her music from FOUR DECADES ago? Almost half a century ago?

Yeah, me too.
Yes, and yes.
Old 12-29-2022, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Never thought of it from that angle and it’s right.
The others should have stood up to her, stood up for the moral rights of the b
She would have backed down.
So, Chris, John and Mick sacked Lindsey.
Not Stevie !!

I think she has changed though..
The only power she had over them is ticket sales and, like I said, she wanted that tour money too. So, it's not like she would have held out forever. If she had threatened and they held their ground, she would have come around in about 6 months.

And my thing is, if he's so impossible [and Lindsey is a nut, but he's their nut] then fire him when you still need him, if he's so awful. When you need him as a producer or as 2 of 3 lead singers, you somehow find a way to tolerate him. Don't use him up until he's done all you think he can for you and then fire him. I don't forgive them for that. And Christine can hear me now, so she knows I am angry about that -- but I still love her!
Old 12-29-2022, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
When and where did she come out and say she wanted him to revel in her fame? In the documentary? Elsewhere? If the former, at what point? Thanks.: https://www.youtube.com/w
atch?v=v0Mw0LudFm4
She said she wanted him to enjoy what she does and enjoy her celebrity in 2008 or else she would walk away and let the palms hit him in the head, which I found amusing, because I don't know where it came from.
Old 12-29-2022, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
She said she wanted him to enjoy what she does and enjoy her celebrity in 2008 or else she would walk away and let the palms hit him in the head, which I found amusing, because I don't know where it came from.
I remember that. She said that she isn't sure she wants to go back to Fleetwood Mac. She said she was getting great reviews for her solo shows. And that Lindsey should enjoy her celebrity. She also said he wasn't nice to her on the Say You Will Tour.
Old 12-29-2022, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I remember that. She said that she isn't sure she wants to go back to Fleetwood Mac. She said she was getting great reviews for her solo shows. And that Lindsey should enjoy her celebrity. She also said he wasn't nice to her on the Say You Will Tour.
She and Mick's politics, I'm sure, had nothing. to do with that...
Old 12-30-2022, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She and Mick's politics, I'm sure, had nothing. to do with that...
In Mick's defense, if Lindsey was the seat filler, he would have chosen Lindsey. See, Mick, he's a whore. That's just what he is.
Old 12-30-2022, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
found it: https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/23095988.html

"So if Lindsey Buckingham wants to be the Lindsey Buckingham that he was a long time ago—and be happy with me and enjoy what I do, and enjoy my celebrity and just appreciate the marvellous (sic.) gift of being in this elite band—then I will do it again. I will also walk away so fast that the palm tree tops will fall on his head."

Yeah, she's saying he shouldn't take her or take being in FM for granted. And that, in FM (the big machine that at this point by Lindsey's own acknowledgement was enabling his solo work), he's riding the coattails of her celebrity and should understand as much. I agree.

Last edited by cbBen; 12-30-2022 at 04:39 AM..
Old 12-30-2022, 06:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey was undoubtedly benefiting from the success of Fleetwood Mac which is far from riding Stevie’s coattails since she was in no conceivable way more responsible for FM’s success than he was.
Old 12-30-2022, 06:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
In Mick's defense, if Lindsey was the seat filler, he would have chosen Lindsey. See, Mick, he's a whore. That's just what he is.
Mick has proven you right. He DID choose Lindsey over Stevie. Of course, Lindsey didn’t demand Stevie’s ouster from the band. He only demanded Tusk and gave it to him over everyone else is objections.

Mick knew that Stevie mesmerized some fans, but he didn’t believe that she alone could keep FM at the industry heights that it was at and he credited Lindsey with much of Rumours’ success. If Lindsey had only contributed his songs, he wouldn’t have mattered to Mick. But Mick thought that he enhanced everyone else’s work. So he cater to Lindsay. Because Mick needed records. Fast forward later when Mick did not need records and only needed someone to twirl on stage, then he has no more use for Lindsey.
Old 12-30-2022, 06:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She always says Lindsey is “mean” to her but she never says how. The only time she has given examples are when she says he:

1. Left her record on the stair.

2. Called her Sammy Davis Jr.

3. Told her to wear an ugly sweater

The only thing she said he did to her on the SYW tour was tell her to wear a granny sweater. And we can assume that he argued with her about sequencing on the album when she was in Hawaii. And he got his way, despite her being a bigger celebrity. That apparently infuriated her. And on the sequencing score I think she was right because I don’t think that the opening songs on SYW did the album any favors.

The funny thing is, in that 2008 interview she claims Lindsey used to be nice to her a long time ago, but if you ever listen to any of her “long time ago” interviews Lindsey was never nice to her ever in his entire life, not way back then either.

Lindsey treats her like she treats him. She has scorned and mocked and complained about him for 40 years now. How dare he smirk back? How DARE he?

And you don’t need to be a fan of hers to understand how it cut like a knife when he told her that she shouldn’t take the mic off the stand. He is the devil.
Old 12-30-2022, 06:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She always says Lindsey is “mean” to her but she never says how. The only time she has given examples are when she says he:

1. Left her record on the stair.

2. Called her Sammy Davis Jr.

3. Told her to wear an ugly sweater

The only thing she said he did to her on the SYW tour was tell her to wear a granny sweater. And we can assume that he argued with her about sequencing on the album when she was in Hawaii. And he got his way, despite her being a bigger celebrity. That apparently infuriated her. And on the sequencing score I think she was right because I don’t think that the opening songs on SYW did the album any favors.

The funny thing is, in that 2008 interview she claims Lindsey used to be nice to her a long time ago, but if you ever listen to any of her “long time ago” interviews Lindsey was never nice to her ever in his entire life, not way back then either.

Lindsey treats her like she treats him. She has scorned and mocked and complained about him for 40 years now. How dare he smirk back? How DARE he?

And you don’t need to be a fan of hers to understand how it cut like a knife when he told her that she shouldn’t take the mic off the stand. He is the devil.
I wish I knew where I could find Stevie on video talking about the cardigan. My recollection is that Lindsey said he thought the band should move forward with a new front. That the focus shouldn't be on the stage clothes and costumes but on the music. So Stevie decided to wear that sweater. She didn't sound angry when she gave the interview either.

What was pretty funny is that the Say You Will Tour had some of the best Stevie outfits: The red Sara kimono (putting the hair in the bun was amazing), the red and gold cape for Goodbye Baby, The Gypsy beige sparkly coat. Rhiannon wings, the coat for Go Your Own Way, the gloves, the scarves on the 2004 leg.
Old 12-30-2022, 06:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
found it: https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/23095988.html

"So if Lindsey Buckingham wants to be the Lindsey Buckingham that he was a long time ago—and be happy with me and enjoy what I do, and enjoy my celebrity and just appreciate the marvellous (sic.) gift of being in this elite band—then I will do it again. I will also walk away so fast that the palm tree tops will fall on his head."

Yeah, she's saying he shouldn't take her or take being in FM for granted. And that, in FM (the big machine that at this point by Lindsey's own acknowledgement was enabling his solo work), he's riding the coattails of her celebrity and should understand as much. I agree.
Stevie is like Don Corleone. You have to kiss the ring.
Old 12-30-2022, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wish I knew where I could find Stevie on video talking about the cardigan. My recollection is that Lindsey said he thought the band should move forward with a new front. That the focus shouldn't be on the stage clothes and costumes but on the music. So Stevie decided to wear that sweater. She didn't sound angry when she gave the interview either.

What was pretty funny is that the Say You Will Tour had some of the best Stevie outfits: The red Sara kimono (putting the hair in the bun was amazing), the red and gold cape for Goodbye Baby, The Gypsy beige sparkly coat. Rhiannon wings, the coat for Go Your Own Way, the gloves, the scarves on the 2004 leg.
In that one interview, I don't remember what she said he said, but it was a criticism like tone it down. Don't be so glamorous or dramatic or something he supposedly said to her. I mean, Lindsey does say things to her and I don't think he does it 100% innocently. After all, even though he judges Mick's red, hand made shoes, do you think he ever tells Mick not to wear them? We all saw Lindsey suggest that she align her pronouns for Thrown Down. That hurt her so much that she had to resurrect the incident 10 years later for In Your Dreams. Most of us will never know pain like she endured.

BUT she wore that same granny sweater for other appearances outside of Fleetwood Mac, which suggests it wasn't all that humiliating for her. Of course her fans have all sorts of explanations for this. They suggest maybe because she was on tour she didn't have any other clothes with her when she made other appearances, as if she flies around the world with nothing more than Karen's back pack to store her meager belongings in.

Last edited by michelej1; 12-30-2022 at 08:16 AM..
Old 12-30-2022, 09:29 AM

Lyrics from Fall From Grace

Maybe I am calmer now
Maybe things are fine
Maybe I made the whole thing up
Maybe it isn't a lie
Maybe the reasons I say these things
Is to bring you back alive
Ooh, maybe I fought this long and this hard just to make sure you survive! Yeah
Just to make sure you survive