Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-28-2016, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New York, New York: December 1, 2016 Stevie Nicks

The night before the show, November 30th, the big Christmas Tree lighting in Rockefeller Center is scheduled between 7PM-9PM EST. Catch it on NBC. Scheduled guests include: "Neil Diamond, Sarah McLachlan, Tori Kelly, Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood, Dolly Parton, Tony Bennett, Josh Groban, Jordan Smith, and the Radio City Rockettes.

Surprise guest appearances of celebrities can also be expected. The event will be hosted by Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Al Roker, and Hoda Kotb." NBC also offers live streaming of the event.

It's a great time to be in NYC! Having Stevie Nicks and Chrissie Hynde there at this time of year? Amazing!
Old 11-29-2016, 10:54 AM
llb

Bet Sarah is going to see Stevie. I actually still need two tix to MSG.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Some of those performances are pre-taped. The tree lighting is not.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love to see her on tomorrow nights Rockefeller Center show.She could sing Silent Night.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-30-2016, 12:36 PM
Ledgie

For anyone going to the show who wants even more... Fleetmac Wood party in Brooklyn this Friday nite! These are the DJs who curate a 4 hour Mac dance party, nothing but remixes and edits of original FM and solo tracks. I went back in May and had a great time.

Event info: https://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?885757
Old 11-30-2016, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope everyone going to the NY show has a great time. I decided one show was enough for this tour and sold my ticket.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 12-01-2016, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLantern View Post
For anyone going to the show who wants even more... Fleetmac Wood party in Brooklyn this Friday nite! These are the DJs who curate a 4 hour Mac dance party, nothing but remixes and edits of original FM and solo tracks. I went back in May and had a great time.

Event info: https://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?885757
I am DYING to goto one of these events, but alas, I am always on the wrong coast for wahtever is happening
Thank you for the info though!
*Ricoh*
Old 12-11-2016, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I would love to see her on tomorrow nights Rockefeller Center show.She could sing Silent Night.
And Chrissie did Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas on the same Very Special Christmas album back in the day......they could each do their Christmas songs.....
Old 12-02-2016, 11:55 AM
llb

MSG performance by both bands was incredible. The sound was amazing. So worth it! One of the best shows. Stevie seemed so much more engaged at this one, than last week for me. Felt like Old School Stevie show; so exciting! And there were some spare seats at the Box Office still available to get at show time, but not many. So thrilled I went!
Old 12-03-2016, 10:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Nothing Ever Changes?

"I can turn all your music on. I can make you feel alive! I am gone but I'm never gone from you!" Ms. Wild Heart is back! What an amazing night! I got to go to this show with my good friend Regina! I had to hear Wild Heart and Bella Donna again! (Will Sister Honey show up? I would love to meet Mabel Normand in person!) The possibilities are endless! This is the tour you die-hard Stevie fans have been dreaming about! If you get a chance, GO!

SEANJT, I was there and I saw it happen! YES, Stevie Nicks absolutely saw you and your album! What an amazing moment that was! I totally get it. It feels like some crazy kind of energy transfer and I'm thrilled for you! I was trying to explain this to a friend--you see these people on the stage, when you think of them "in an album" and then there they are! And you think, somehow, you are invisible to them, but then you have that moment, that connection. I totally get it!

BLUE LIGHT, yep, I would be happy if Stevie did continue this tour longer. There's a lot of people in the middle of the country that are looking for a Nicks Fix. And there's even MORE people outside of USA that have been wanting to see Stevie solo for a long time! (quite of number of them are here!) I was on the floor too but a few peeps were steadfast in their little metal folding chairs when Chrissie Hynde first came out. They weren't old folks. You would think it has to be discouraging to be a world class rocker and see people seated, but it didn't stop The Pretenders one iota! The music and the awesomeness of the performance soon kicked them outta their chairs!

Nonetheless, the little metal chair people sat down during Stevie's Moonlight. I get it. They were tired, and Moonlight is a calmer song. Chrissie and Stevie wore them out! Maybe some out there didn't know the song. Didn't matter. Stevie sold Moonlight! She poured her SOUL into it. By the end, I didn't see anyone seated! MSG was up and cheering! What an amazing performance! I don't know how Stevie does it, but it was more powerful then even the album! And how beautiful was that white coat with all those wolves roaming around, with the snow swirling? This show was all about changing it up!

But there was some familiar friends to be found in Madison Square Garden. Stevie brought along the Gold Dust Woman. As soon as that distinct cowbell cadence began, even before Stevie walked to the microphone, everyone was up! I get the Liz Taylor reference–Stevie is dripping with black diamond elegance. But that Gold Dust Woman comes alive as Stevie transforms herself into that deeply troubled and afflicted soul. It's powerful stuff! I love that Gold Dust Woman, but I'm always happy to see Stevie come back at the end!

I don't think it would be Stevie SOLO without Edge of Seventeen. It constantly changes and grows, but this time it was a loving tribute to Prince. But it's still our song. I know what it sounds like. Somewhere deep in the middle of the night. It's our Stevie's voice! And it's Waddy that makes that bird fly!

And speaking of birds, Rhiannon also flew in for an encore. Stevie told us in Philadelphia, I believe, that Rhiannon has never missed a tour, either in Fleetwood Mac or solo. We all have connections and associations to all of these songs, even the new ones! I love Rhiannon. I'm so glad she made it! After all, she is like a cat in the dark, and then she is the darkness! Once in a million years a lady like Stevie comes along. I am glad we have her and her amazing music!

And the musicians who filled Madison Square Garden with all the music we love were perfect, every note! Ricky Peterson, Darrell Smith, Scott Crago, Carlos Rios, Al Ortiz (who knew the man could sing, too!), and the man in black, the amazing Waddy Wachtel! Stevie says Waddy makes it safe for her to do all of this, particularly this tour, and he gives her the courage. Waddy we all love you! And I love Stevie's introductions of everyone! (I bet they must all be squirming, wondering what Stevie might tell us about them!) Sharon Celani, who I will love forever for her part on Edge of Seventeen, and Marilyn Martin (who first brought Sorcerer to the masses) both sang their hearts out.

Stevie promised us a totally different show! She delivered! And LANDSLIDE? The most perfect song I have ever heard in Madison Square Garden or maybe at any venue! Thank you NEW YORK!!! You were the choir! Thank you Stevie– WE LOVE YOU!!!
Old 12-05-2016, 06:40 AM

Stevie Nicks and The Pretenders at the Garden

Stevie Nicks/The Pretenders, TD Garden, Boston, MA- 11/16It was a double bill to warm a classic rocker’s heart: Stevie Nicks exploring both her own and Fleetwood Mac’s songbook, paired with fellow travelers Chrissie Hynde and The Pretenders. As part of Nicks’ 24 Karat Gold Tour, the two veteran artists paid a visit to Boston’s TD Garden midway through a 27-city sweep of North America. The Pretenders opened the show with an energetic hour-long set that featured a few songs off the band’s recently released 10th album, Alone, including the title track, “Gotta Wait” and “Holy Commotion” but otherwise stuck to the tried and true. Hynde and veteran drummer Martin Chambers are the only members left from the original Pretenders, but guitarist James Walbourne, bassist Nick Wilkinson and pedal steel player Eric Heywood have been backing Hynde for a while now, and are more than up to the task of carrying on the band’s storied legacy.Hynde, clad in jeans, black t-shirt and pink jacket, and sporting a shaggy blonde mane, sounded strikingly good, and the band did her justice on hits ranging from “Message of Love” and “Hymn to Her” to “Stop Your Sobbing” and “Mystery Achievement.” Highlights included a snarling version of “My City Was Gone,” featuring stinging solos from both Hynde and Walbourne, carried along by Chambers’ irrepressible pounding, and set-closer “Brass in Pocket.”Nicks took the stage about 30 minutes later, and played for a solid two hours. Although she has been touring with Fleetwood Mac fairly regularly in recent years, she seemed energized to be on her own with the chance to feature songs she doesn’t get to play as much. “I’m going to do some things I haven’t had a chance to do ever before,” she said early in the evening. She played the songs you’d probably expect—solo hits like “Stand Back,” “Edge of Seventeen” and “Leather and Lace,” and Fleetwood Mac classics “Dreams,” “Gold Dust Woman” and “Rhiannon”—but much of the night was spent delving deeper into her extensive catalog, and providing some back story to many of the songs. Like Chrissie Hynde, Nicks remains remarkably vital as a performer. She may not swirl and twirl on stage as much as she did in her heyday with Fleetwood Mac, but her voice, as clear and distinctive as ever, never wavered over the course of a 19-song set.Backed by a full complement of five musicians, including longtime collaborator Waddy Wachtel on guitar, and her regular backup singers Sharon Celani and Lori Perry, Nicks strolled as far back as the early ’70s for a Buckingham-Nicks era song, “Crying in the Night,” to a more recent track, “New Orleans,” written during Hurricane Katrina. Early solo tracks “Wild Heart,” “Bella Donna” and “Enchanted” flowed nicely into one another, but the centerpiece of her set was an extended version of “Moonlight (Vampire’s Dream),” a majestic ballad she started writing in the mid-70s but completed and released just five years ago. The song—inspired by the relationship between Bella and Edward in the 2009 film Twilight: New Moon, as well as her own long, never-quite-broken connection to Lindsey Buckingham—is, she said, “my favorite story I’ve written in the last 25 years.” The 24-Karat Gold Tour continues for another month or so, ending with a series of West Coast dates in mid-December.

http://www.jambands.com/reviews/show...-at-the-garden
Old 12-06-2016, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And speaking of birds, Rhiannon also flew in for an encore. Stevie told us in Philadelphia, I believe, that Rhiannon has never missed a tour, either in Fleetwood Mac or solo. We all have connections and associations to all of these songs, even the new ones! I love Rhiannon. I'm so glad she made it! After all, she is like a cat in the dark, and then she is the darkness! Once in a million years a lady like Stevie comes along. I am glad we have her and her amazing music!

wow this directly contradicts what she has said in the past about putting Rhiannon away after a tour and not doing her on the next tour so she's doesn't get over done and then it's nice to bring her back out a tour or two later.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:53 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat View Post
And speaking of birds, Rhiannon also flew in for an encore. Stevie told us in Philadelphia, I believe, that Rhiannon has never missed a tour, either in Fleetwood Mac or solo. We all have connections and associations to all of these songs, even the new ones! I love Rhiannon. I'm so glad she made it! After all, she is like a cat in the dark, and then she is the darkness!
I'm really surprised that Stevie keeps saying this because she didn't do Rhiannon on The Other Side of the Mirror tour. I saw 3-4 shows at different points of the tour and she didn't play it at any of them. That's the only time I know of where she didn't include it in the set.
Old 12-11-2016, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default My Review

This is really late but I've been insanely busy since this show.

Like many have already said this was potentially the greatest stevie show I've ever been to. 2012 still may be still be better from start to finish consistency wise. Although this show was the most animated and engaging I've ever see Stevie be. And performance there were probably the best highs of any stevie show.

Not to be a dead horse but Moonlight was the song of the night. But weirdly I've been watching a lot of the tour videos now that I've already been to my show and moonlight Is the one song I think was done significantly better early in the tour. Especially the first half of the song. Maybe the best stevie nicks live performance of the 21st century.

I was one of the people saying maybe she shouldn't do Gold Dust Woman this tour, or at the very least It should be a condensed version. But next to moonlight this was the highlight of the show, don't care how many times I've seen it, I love the slight ways the song evolved this tour. She did closer to the foo fighters more rocking arrangement for her dance. And I much preferred her ending with repeating the chorus and an extra cool wail then the way the song has been ending the last few tours (a few too many baby baby's and a weird super low oooooh) it blows my mind how this song changes little by little every tour but Rhiannon doesn't stray one bit year to year.

The Wild Heart/Bella Donna medley was the third best highlight. But really I should phrase that as "Bella Donna" was the third best highlight, and it had a really cool wild heart intro. That's the way it came across to me. Bella Donna seemed like nothing was missing. I know we can all quickly point to certain lines that weren't done (woman may be so awestruck etc.) but to me it still felt like a really cool full yet condensed rocking version of Bella Donna. It seemed like a full song. I would probably say is new live version is my favorite version of Bella Donna (better then studio demos or 1981 live version) kind of like how doing a 2 minute not that funny really works, so does this short and to the point Bella Donna. I really like the guitar and drum coming to the forefront.
Now the parts of The Wild Heart she sang were fantastic and I absolutely will take what we got over nothing but it's hard to say how the wild heart was when she doesn't sing what I consider the "heart" of the song. While time wise each song got equal time again Bella Donna was my favorite version of the song and wild heart just seemed like the very nice intro to Bella Donna. And I should mention Wild Heart is my favorite title song where Bella Donna has always been dead last.

New Orleans was the 1 other "wow" moment . Although even songs that are tired and dine to death had a little extra umph including the song I vowed I would not forgive stevie for including in this tour, Enchanted. It was actually really great. I wasn't a fan of if you were my love being one of the only three songs from 24KG it was incredible live. I loved the fact that she included crying in the night for it being such a shock, but never really cared for the actual song. This was far better the the BN version.

He Will Burn You Down