User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-15-2021, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Wouldn't it be amazing if we had the footage from 1980 when Lindsey kicked Stevie in the shins on stage and when the band fled from the stage to attack Lindsey. Christine got there first and gave him a huge whack.
it would be - because then we would finally know what exactly did happen then and whether any of the alleged stuff happened at all.

we know we cannot trust any of their drunk drugged out recollections that have been fluid, changing and building up over decades.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-15-2021, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wouldn't it be amazing if we had the footage from 1980 when Lindsey kicked Stevie in the shins on stage and when the band fled from the stage to attack Lindsey. Christine got there first and gave him a huge whack.
Just the story was enough to scare me from ever wanting to actually meet Christine. I've worked with quite a few big names(not FM big, but household known names)... when they're sweet, it's awesome. When they're hateful douchebags, it's horrible, and you're sorry that you ever met them. Because your illusions of love are shattered.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 01-15-2021 at 01:47 PM..
Old 01-15-2021, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Just the story was enough to scare me from ever wanting to actually meet Christine. I've worked with quite a few big names(not FM big, but household known names)... when they're sweet, it's awesome. When they're hateful douchebags, it's horrible, and you're sorry that you ever met them. Because your illusions of love are shattered.
After living with John all those years, this girl knows how to throw a punch or two.

She may never admit it but I always think she turned on Stevie during Mirage and of course during the mid 80s. You cant really trust Rolling Stone because of the way they write but if the quote about getting a stuffed animal and "someone actually handed this to me, usually Stevie is the one that gets this stuff" is pretty passive aggressive. But in 1984 she goes for Stevie stating she does not know who she is anymore and they "used" to be close. I know they are still close but no doubt IMHO she could see the path she was on and not liking it especially Stevie demanding a bigger cut of tour proceeds.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-15-2021 at 02:27 PM..
Old 01-15-2021, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
After living with John all those years, this girl knows how to throw a punch or two.

She may never admit it but I always think she turned on Stevie during Mirage and of course during the mid 80s. You cant really trust Rolling Stone because of the way they write but if the quote about getting a stuffed animal and "someone actually handed this to me, usually Stevie is the one that gets this stuff" is pretty passive aggressive. But in 1984 she goes for Stevie stating she does not know who she is anymore and they "used" to be close. I know they are still close but no doubt IMHO she could see the path she was on and not liking it especially Stevie demanding a bigger cut of tour proceeds.
I'm sure it was UGLY dealing with John during those years. I'm sure she could handle herself back in the day.

I've seen too many eye rolls in behind the scenes footage over the years, to not believe that Chris thinks $tevie's an idiot.

And if you were actually $tevie's friend, would you really want to deal with her entourage of paid yes friends?
Old 01-16-2021, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm sure it was UGLY dealing with John during those years. I'm sure she could handle herself back in the day.

I've seen too many eye rolls in behind the scenes footage over the years, to not believe that Chris thinks $tevie's an idiot.

And if you were actually $tevie's friend, would you really want to deal with her entourage of paid yes friends?
Nobody in the band wanted to deal with that. It was nauseating.
Old 01-17-2021, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I think it's apparent even earlier...In the Rosebud films someone asks Chris something about being a sex symbol and she's like "Ask Stevie" and her facial expression says it all...

There's also the story from Tom Petty about how he showed up to a Tusk recording session and members of the band (I think Chris might have been mentioned in particular but someone can correct me) wanted to get Stevie to do something on a certain song and they asked *Tom* to try and convince her to do it and he was like, "Why are you asking ME to ask her??" And they said something close to "You're closer to her than we are"

I think the bloom was off the Stevie/Chris she-mance once Rumours hit big. She needed an ally and Chris was her best bet in the beginning. Then she got Mick onside, and maybe John (I will always wonder about their relationship. Their interactions not only during the Tusk photo shoot(s) but off-camera then too (footage of him hiding out with her while she gets her makeup done) were just .... interesting).

On the Rosebud film you can hear Stevie saying (as she hung out with the crew) that the crew was "sooo much more fun than hanging out with my band".

The fame bug had kicked in during the Rumours tour and just grew every year thereafter. By then she realized not only did she no longer need LB, she didn't really need any of them. She founded Modern Records with Paul Fishkin and Danny Goldberg by '79 -- if not '78-- and was plotting a solo career. Once she established that in '81 forget it. And after proving it wasn't a fluke by following up with WH in '83 the success and drugs made her unmanageable.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 01-17-2021 at 09:36 PM..
Old 01-18-2021, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
Choooo Choooo! All aboard the These Strange Times / Fighting for Madge gravy train!
But it is his share of all the FM songs, not just songs he wrote, which are worthless.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I think it's apparent even earlier...In the Rosebud films someone asks Chris something about being a sex symbol and she's like "Ask Stevie" and her facial expression says it all...

There's also the story from Tom Petty about how he showed up to a Tusk recording session and members of the band (I think Chris might have been mentioned in particular but someone can correct me) wanted to get Stevie to do something on a certain song and they asked *Tom* to try and convince her to do it and he was like, "Why are you asking ME to ask her??" And they said something close to "You're closer to her than we are"

I think the bloom was off the Stevie/Chris she-mance once Rumours hit big. She needed an ally and Chris was her best bet in the beginning. Then she got Mick onside, and maybe John (I will always wonder about their relationship. Their interactions not only during the Tusk photo shoot(s) but off-camera then too (footage of him hiding out with her while she gets her makeup done) were just .... interesting).

On the Rosebud film you can hear Stevie saying (as she hung out with the crew) that the crew was "sooo much more fun than hanging out with my band".

The fame bug had kicked in during the Rumours tour and just grew every year thereafter. By then she realized not only did she no longer need LB, she didn't really need any of them. She founded Modern Records with Paul Fishkin and Danny Goldberg by '79 -- if not '78-- and was plotting a solo career. Once she established that in '81 forget it. And after proving it wasn't a fluke by following up with WH in '83 the success and drugs made her unmanageable.
Yes I see what you are saying. Stevie too was pretty passive aggressive in 1983 interviews describing her relationship with the band as the "baby sitter." That was in Hit Parade magazine. Seriously. The band was more of a "baby sitter" to her than she could ever be to the band. Complaining her relationship with the band will never change because she is the one always left out a little bit. Oh yeah. She has center stage and people think of her as the "lead" singer.
Old 01-19-2021, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But it is his share of all the FM songs, not just songs he wrote, which are worthless.
So he gets some of the publishing rights of all of those songs that he did not write or produce too bad.

Old 01-19-2021, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
So he gets some of the publishing rights of all of those songs that he did not write or produce too bad.
Must be a small portion of producer's credit since most of the albums are credited as produced by Fleetwood Mac which obviously is not enough to save him from many a bankruptcy. He had that spoken word song on the B-side import single from BTM which I don't even remember the name.

Last edited by soul_drifter333; 01-19-2021 at 07:16 PM..
Old 01-19-2021, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
Must be a small portion of producer's credit since most of the albums are credited as produced by Fleetwood Mac which obviously is not enough to save him from many a bankruptcy. He had that spoken word song on the B-side import single from BTM which I don't even remember the name.
Lizard People? I think...
Old 01-19-2021, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Lizard People? I think...
Quite the appropriate moniker for old Dick Fleetwood.