User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-18-2003, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
If that was their contingency plan, then it sucked.
But that's the kicker: there wasn't one. I refuse to believe that that was their contingency plan, they can't be that stupid. I suspect they were just clueless enough not to even have one.

Old 12-18-2003, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Reagan played Ronnie Cowboy.
Bush Sr. played a country boy to an extent, too. He also said no new taxes...

Old 12-18-2003, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Clinton never laid the schtick on that thick and even if he did, he at least knew what the hell he was talking about and doing.

I suspect that Shrub uses the country boy persona to cover up his awful linguistic skills (or lack thereof).
I remember Clinton using phrases like "Aw shucks," more than once referring to his poor rural upbringing, and that his mother was poor but "good people." Clinton hardly cast himself in the role of a sophisticate. Interestingly, he rather was. After all, he was a Rhodes (sp.?) scholar and didn't he study in England at perhaps Oxford. You know, whenever he is on some show, I just long for the days when someone who can speak the King's English in an intelligent way ran the country.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 12-18-2003, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I remember Clinton using phrases like "Aw shucks," more than once referring to his poor rural upbringing, and that his mother was poor but "good people." Clinton hardly cast himself in the role of a sophisticate. Interestingly, he rather was. After all, he was a Rhodes (sp.?) scholar and didn't he study in England at perhaps Oxford. You know, whenever he is on some show, I just long for the days when someone who can speak the King's English in an intelligent way ran the country.
I remember that, too, but I didn't see it as a way for him to endear himself to the public to the extent the Bush does. Therefore, I don't believe he lad the schtick on as thick as Shrub.

Old 12-18-2003, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But, the rest fo the govt. used one. They evacuated Congress and literally picked Dick C. off the floor and carried him to a scure location below the White House. So, certainly the President's group was doing a security plan of some sort. I think they were just figuring out if it was okay to remove the Pres. from inside of where he was, which they had already secured, and to AF1.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 12-18-2003, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Which brings me back to my point. He should have been in his limo finding out what the hell was going on.
Old 12-18-2003, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Which brings me back to my point. He should have been in his limo finding out what the hell was going on.
Holla, sistah friend!

Old 12-18-2003, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

FYI: the ratings for Shrub's interview with Sawyer are in and it was a ratings flop. Also, networks have expressed no interest in live satellite feeds of Pentagon briefings...which the government wants to charge for.

Old 12-18-2003, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
FYI: the ratings for Shrub's interview with Sawyer are in and it was a ratings flop. Also, networks have expressed no interest in live satellite feeds of Pentagon briefings...which the government wants to charge for.
I only saw one ad for the interview. I meant to watch it but forgot.
Old 12-18-2003, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I only saw one ad for the interview. I meant to watch it but forgot.
It was nothing special (like it would be?). He just prattle on about Saddam getting the death penalty (it'll be a joke if he's tried in Iraq, IMO), not supporting gay marriages, and getting a stupid MRI for his knee.

Old 12-18-2003, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, gimme a break!

He didn't want to frighten the kids??? When the WTC is attacked by two planes and you've had prior knowledge of a planned attack, you just sit there and read a book?! No, you excuse yourself from their company and leave immediately to see what the HELL is going on.

It's not a matter of making any difference, it's a matter of doing your job and seeing what's happening. Not reading the Three Billy Goats Gruff or some such **** while people are dying and NYC is under attack.
This incident is miniscule, inconsequential and is being over analyzed. Who cares if he finished reading some dumb book to some kids? What difference would it have made if he didn't?

I am not the biggest fan of Bush but, jees...are we fishing for things now?

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 12-18-2003, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Hooray - I get to tell it again

At the end of the singing part of SOTOM, an obviously hyped up if not coked out of her head La Nicks gives a physically shaking exorcism while belting out

"IIIIIIIIIIIWWWWWWOOOOOOONNNNNNN""TTTTTBBBBBEEEEYYYYYYYYOOUUURRRRRSSSSSIIIISSSSTTTTERRRRRNNNNNOOOOTTTTYYYYOOUUURRRRSSSIIIISSSSTTTTAAAD FJDOFHPOIDHGLNDGPOUIH:GNIOHGODJ{ISDHGO"IDHGIOHDG . . . BBBLLLLLAAAAHHHHHEEEEEHHHHHG:OIFDHG{SHG"OISHDGIOJSGOPIJG}OPIJFDPIOGJ{IPSDGIOSDHGIOHDSG "

She then spins to the side while listing and gives a final panty revealing spin. I LOVE her!!!!

AHHH...now I understand...that's my favorite part. And she looks coked out of her mind.

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 12-18-2003, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, gimme a break!

He didn't want to frighten the kids??? When the WTC is attacked by two planes and you've had prior knowledge of a planned attack, you just sit there and read a book?! No, you excuse yourself from their company and leave immediately to see what the HELL is going on.

It's not a matter of making any difference, it's a matter of doing your job and seeing what's happening. Not reading the Three Billy Goats Gruff or some such **** while people are dying and NYC is under attack.
I assume you had previous experience with a situation like that to judge what the proper reaction should be??

- Dennis Miller
Old 12-18-2003, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob67
I assume you had previous experience with a situation like that to judge what the proper reaction should be??
Nope, I just know that the proper reaction would not be to stay among little kids reading fairy tales while my people are dying and the city of New York is under attack. It's simple logic.

If a plane crashes into your neighbors house, do you just sit on your ass and do nothing? I think not.

Old 12-18-2003, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob67
This incident is miniscule, inconsequential and is being over analyzed. Who cares if he finished reading some dumb book to some kids? What difference would it have made if he didn't?

I am not the biggest fan of Bush but, jees...are we fishing for things now?

Rob

From the CBS News article:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in589137.shtml

"There are people that, if I was doing the job, would certainly not be in the position they were in at that time because they failed. They simply failed," Kean said.

To find out who failed and why, the commission has navigated a political landmine, threatening a subpoena to gain access to the president's top-secret daily briefs. Those documents may shed light on one of the most controversial assertions of the Bush administration – that there was never any thought given to the idea that terrorists might fly an airplane into a building."

" The widows want to know why various government agencies didn't connect the dots before Sept. 11, such as warnings from FBI offices in Minnesota and Arizona about suspicious student pilots.

"If you were to tell me that two years after the murder of my husband that we wouldn't have one question answered, I wouldn't believe it," Breitweiser said.

Kean admits the commission also has more questions than answers.

Asked whether we should at least know if people sitting in the decision-making spots on that critical day are still in those positions, Kean said, "Yes, the answer is yes. And we will."

I should add that Thomas Kean is the former Republican Governor of New Jersey who was appointed by the Bush Administration. By the way, there is nothing miniscule, inconsequential or over analyzed when thousands of people are murdered. Tell that to the families and widows of the dead.