The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 05-20-2018, 10:21 PM
sasja's Avatar
sasja sasja is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post

See, I thought this forum was to talk about the music of FM in a place where we could celebrate our love for them without being ridiculed by people in the real world who may not like the band. \

Our love needn't be blind and gullible. I love people in my personal life dearly, and because of that, I call them out on bad behavior or choices. If I were indifferent I would not give a holy hoopla.

Well, alright, I will admit my love for this band has waned a lot over the past 20 years, but out of nostalgia I still care a bit, and feel all the right in the world to criticize them on the disgusting and seemingly unjustified move of firing Lindsey. People like us gave them their money and luxury over the past 40 years, so consider me a minor share holder, pissed off and wanting a vote on a new CEO. I feel I am in my complete right to vent that here.

Also, I am selling what shares I had left, anyone want them?
__________________
Sasja

Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 05-20-2018, 10:29 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Sheryl Crow, Michael Campbell, and Neil Finn are all GREAT musicians. This is no disrespect to their musical ability. However, they have no place in Fleetwood Mac. The band is about chemistry.
Exactly. Thank you.
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-20-2018, 11:24 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 18,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
True or not, it's probably all your talk about Hitler.

Btw, with Hitler the more I learn about that guy
the more I don't care for him.
He's definitely a covfefe.
__________________
A vaincre sans peril, on triomphe sans gloire.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-21-2018, 12:21 AM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,063
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Sheryl Crow, Michael Campbell, and Neil Finn are all GREAT musicians. This is no disrespect to their musical ability. However, they have no place in Fleetwood Mac. The band is about chemistry.
Which was completely flat over the last few gigs. Two high dollar flat/not really even going through the motions gigs, Lindsey’s unfortunate grab the money and run comment on XM Radio, a concurrent/delayed tour, Mick wanting to do older songs, TP’s death, and who knows what else all probably contributed to this. I doubt it was just one thing, and if it were, it would be money. We’ll likely never know the full story.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-21-2018, 05:41 PM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 2,974
Default

"Sheryl Crow" sure knows how to stir the **** up in this place.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-21-2018, 06:00 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Our love needn't be blind and gullible. I love people in my personal life dearly, and because of that, I call them out on bad behavior or choices. If I were indifferent I would not give a holy hoopla.

Well, alright, I will admit my love for this band has waned a lot over the past 20 years, but out of nostalgia I still care a bit, and feel all the right in the world to criticize them on the disgusting and seemingly unjustified move of firing Lindsey. People like us gave them their money and luxury over the past 40 years, so consider me a minor share holder, pissed off and wanting a vote on a new CEO. I feel I am in my complete right to vent that here.

Also, I am selling what shares I had left, anyone want them?
I understand completely what you're saying. My post was geared toward people who were bringing up 40 year stories about some of the members that, while possibly true, were unnecessary on this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05-21-2018, 06:48 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
"Sheryl Crow" sure knows how to stir the **** up in this place.
Lol seriously right? This thread went off the rails.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05-21-2018, 06:56 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Lol seriously right? This thread went off the rails.
this thread went off the rails, and instead of leaving all the 30-40yr old stuff here, people keep bringing the same stuff in other threads yet again. and circle continues. Anger McAbuser vs Goat Coke van Butt or whatever they are going off on.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 05-21-2018, 08:35 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
this thread went off the rails, and instead of leaving all the 30-40yr old stuff here, people keep bringing the same stuff in other threads yet again. and circle continues. Anger McAbuser vs Goat Coke van Butt or whatever they are going off on.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 05-21-2018, 09:01 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
this thread went off the rails, and instead of leaving all the 30-40yr old stuff here, people keep bringing the same stuff in other threads yet again. and circle continues. Anger McAbuser vs Goat Coke van Butt or whatever they are going off on.
Now come on elle, get it right...it was Anger Mc’Buser. By far my most clever nickname of the day. I was sitting in my office eating lunch and cracking up...at my own joke.

Goat Coke van Butt...
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 05-21-2018, 09:43 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Now come on elle, get it right...it was Anger Mc’Buser. By far my most clever nickname of the day. I was sitting in my office eating lunch and cracking up...at my own joke.

Goat Coke van Butt...
my sincerest apologies!

hey we gotta have some fun!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 05-24-2018, 07:03 PM
ryan4136 ryan4136 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 362
Default

Hell, they can fire Neil now.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E5m5MGjAJAQ
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 05-24-2018, 11:42 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Hell, they can fire Neil now.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E5m5MGjAJAQ
I hope she wouldn't have to read those well known words, live.
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 05-26-2018, 09:50 PM
iamnotafraid iamnotafraid is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,787
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I've not mentioned Hitler once.

Again with the Hitler?
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 05-27-2018, 08:22 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 2,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I hope she wouldn't have to read those well known words, live.
Ha ha
I think Sheryl is talented but her music is so bland IMHO. That was a performance of Go Your Own Way that anyone could have done. Just pull 5 random guys/gals with acoustic guitars. Its that kind of blandness that harpooned Stevie's Trouble in Shangri La. No guitar solos. No clever bridges. All the songs have the same tempo and sound like demos for someone to produce.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved