The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 08-05-2009, 09:29 AM
jenniferuk jenniferuk is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London transplant in Ohio
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I would LOVE to do that more than I can even really verbalize. Although the internet has given us countless opportunities, it has also stolen the value of experience. It's quite upsetting for the younger generations who will never really know a world without shortcuts.
I am sorry that you miss out on this. There was something special about camping out for tickets from the planning (what time to we go?) to bonding with others, seeing the ticket staff open the doors/ lift the shade on the ticket window (such excitement!) and turning over $$ for physical tickets. I'd go home at stare at those tickets all day--such a buzz.

Of course it was painful if an obligation kept us from a camp-out (and therefore tix), but at least we didn't have to worry about tix showing on ebay before the sale.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Sanne2's Avatar
Sanne2 Sanne2 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
I was worried about that! Looked like mirage at first (mick didn't change from 79 to 82, did he?) But I was looking at Stevie's hair after I posted it and thinking it suuure looked Tuskish. Same with Lindsey. Oh well, it is still a cool picture.
Oh I agree! And it's indeed hard to tell in some pics.
Here are some Mirage pics (well okay, it's actually a spam :P)



















__________________

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-05-2009, 06:35 PM
PenguinHead's Avatar
PenguinHead PenguinHead is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 4,471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnightshade View Post
I'm sure I've told this story before but here goes: One of my closest friends and I camped out for choice tickets for this show. We were the 2nd people in line for the Worcester Centrum (the Mac was the 2nd band to play ever at the new venue). I don't know if anyone has done it but camping out w a bunch of rabid Mac fans overnight was the best experience. We got 2nd row center seats for our efforts. The night of the show was awesome. We were like Right There. Towards the end when Stevie was doing her stage walk, the guys in front of us, who we had met that night camping out, were cool enough to allow us (there were three guys and three of us) to get up on their backs so we could be up close to the stage. I was closest to where Stevie was. And she reached over to shake my hand. Total eye contact, everything going on but I got scared at the last minute and pulled my hand away. She gave me a look like, What the Hell. The people around me turned to me and asked what was wrong with me. My friends, the guys, everyone was like, "what did you just do?" I felt a moron but I got nervous. Anyhow, we laugh about it to this day.
I was at that show...not in the nose-bleed seats, but not as close as you. It was my first Fleetwood Mac concert and it was fanstastic! I recall being at a McDonalds the next day (the last time I ever ate there), and overheard other patrons telling their friends what a great show it was. I really liked the set list. Aside from them including four "new" songs - Hold Me, Love in Store, Gypsy, and Eyes of the World, I wish they would have also performed Straight Back, That's Alright, Only Over You and Can't Go Back.

I attended Stevie's Enchanted tour in Portland, Oregon, and was in the second row. I got to shake her hand, but she was sort of looking over me. There were many hands reaching for her, so I wasn't offended. You had a very odd reaction...were you afraid she was going to eat your hand?
__________________
Life passes before me like an unknown circumstance

Last edited by PenguinHead : 08-05-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-05-2009, 07:26 PM
cristochango's Avatar
cristochango cristochango is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I was at that show...not in the nose-bleed seats, but not as close as you. It was my first Fleetwood Mac concert and it was fanstastic! I recall being at a McDonalds the next day (the last time I ever ate there), and overheard other patrons telling their friends what a great show it was. I really liked the set list. Aside from them including four "new" songs - Hold Me, Love in Store, Gypsy, and Eyes of the World, I wish they would have also performed Straight Back, That's Alright, Only Over You and Can't Go Back.

I attended Stevie's Enchanted tour in Portland, Oregon, and was in the second row. I got to shake her hand, but she was sort of looking over me. There were many hands reaching for her, so I wasn't offended. You had a very odd reaction...were you afraid she was going to eat your hand?
I would of loved to hear hold me and eyes of the world live
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-05-2009, 08:02 PM
golddustdrummer's Avatar
golddustdrummer golddustdrummer is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
OH. Well, that makes more sense. I was trying to decide if cows are actually clumsy.
I used to live on a farm. I can tell you they are neither clumsy, nor silly.
just cows. walk around, eat grass, piss, poo, eat more grass, sleep, and repeat. quite the life...
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-05-2009, 08:09 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristochango View Post
I would of loved to hear hold me and eyes of the world live
Hold Me live was cool when they sang, "hold me, hold me, yeah!"
__________________
 photo d754aa6e-1605-473c-895b-9665a3f17371_zpsrtovtrei.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-05-2009, 09:29 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnightshade View Post
She gave me a look like, What the Hell. The people around me turned to me and asked what was wrong with me. My friends, the guys, everyone was like, "what did you just do?" I felt a moron but I got nervous. Anyhow, we laugh about it to this day.[/color][/font]
I know she gave me a similar look one time when I saw her at the Greek Theatre in 2007. The 2nd night I was in the front row and they had a wooden divider directly in front of the first row. There was no room for people to pass back and forth, so no one could stand in front of me (which I really appreciated). So, because the front row space was so narrow, I wasn't right at the edge of the stage because I navigated there. I was there only because my seat was actually positioned there.

Consequently, when she came by during the Edge walk, all I had to do was raise my hand, but I really didn't want to touch her, so I just sat there with both hands down, clutched around my purse and when she came by she just kind of looked at me inquiringly as if to say, "Anything wrong?" I grinned at that.

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-05-2009, 09:43 PM
cristochango's Avatar
cristochango cristochango is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 862
Default

all of you guys talkin about being so close up in front stage is crazy, i cant imagine that
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-05-2009, 10:06 PM
CADreaming's Avatar
CADreaming CADreaming is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristochango View Post
all of you guys talkin about being so close up in front stage is crazy, i cant imagine that
OMG! It's so awesome!! I made a complete idiot out of myself in Nashville.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-05-2009, 10:46 PM
mike_nh mike_nh is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 232
Default

I'm not sure if anyone talked about this yet or not but i did some research on the 1982 tour
and i found something very intresting. Stevie's friend robin died on october 13th 1982 and
fleetwood mac was on the road in Baton Rouge, LA that same night. Throwndown.net has
the audio of that show. I have not downloaded it or heard any of it yet but what i was
wondering was how could stevie ''drugged or straight'' walk onto that stage and pull off
any type of performance knowing that her friend was about to pass. I just think of stevie's
state of mind for the shows before and after robin's death. Has anyone heard those boots
and how does stevie sound?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-05-2009, 10:54 PM
gypsy4life gypsy4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ...in the crystaline knowledge of you...
Posts: 886
Default




Lindsey looks like he's POOPING!!!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-05-2009, 11:01 PM
FMlex's Avatar
FMlex FMlex is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nh View Post
I'm not sure if anyone talked about this yet or not but i did some research on the 1982 tour
and i found something very intresting. Stevie's friend robin died on october 13th 1982 and
fleetwood mac was on the road in Baton Rouge, LA that same night. Throwndown.net has
the audio of that show. I have not downloaded it or heard any of it yet but what i was
wondering was how could stevie ''drugged or straight'' walk onto that stage and pull off
any type of performance knowing that her friend was about to pass. I just think of stevie's
state of mind for the shows before and after robin's death. Has anyone heard those boots
and how does stevie sound?
This sounds kind of morbid, but does anyone know what time of day Robin died? I'm just wondering if Stevie knew at the time of the concert or not. Nonetheless, I'm furiously downloading from throwndown.net right now.

It's A+ quality (so throwndown.net says!).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-06-2009, 12:03 AM
daniellaaarisen's Avatar
daniellaaarisen daniellaaarisen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Monte Sereno, CA
Posts: 4,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristochango View Post
all of you guys talkin about being so close up in front stage is crazy, i cant imagine that
I've been lucky enough to be in the first 5 rows at every FM or Stevie concert I've been to-- front row last time And I must say that after those experiences, I would give an arm and a leg to have tickets of that caliber for every show of theirs that I see. It is a phenomenal experience-- and I'm more than happy to see my wallet severely suffer from it, despite common sense... its impossible to get distracted from the music and the stage, and you really don't have a choice but to be wholeheartedly into it. I can only imagine how much more intense it must have been to be there at the band's peak.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-06-2009, 12:05 AM
daniellaaarisen's Avatar
daniellaaarisen daniellaaarisen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Monte Sereno, CA
Posts: 4,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMlex View Post
This sounds kind of morbid, but does anyone know what time of day Robin died? I'm just wondering if Stevie knew at the time of the concert or not. Nonetheless, I'm furiously downloading from throwndown.net right now.

It's A+ quality (so throwndown.net says!).
Ahhhh I want to hear this but throwndown.net hates me and I hate torrents
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-06-2009, 12:27 AM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy4life View Post



Lindsey looks like he's POOPING!!!
And the other 2 are laid back in contrast, which makes what he's doing even funnier.

Michele
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureStar Trek TNG Mick Fleetwood autograph card Rare WoW Mac John McVie Stevie Nicks
$149.99
Star Trek TNG Mick Fleetwood autograph card Rare WoW Mac John McVie Stevie Nicks pictureStevie Nicks Autograph Photo COA
$95.0
Stevie Nicks Autograph Photo COA pictureSTEVIE NICKS FLEETWOOD MAC GENUINE SIGNED AUTOGRAPHED 12 X 8 PHOTO + COA
$92.06
STEVIE NICKS FLEETWOOD MAC GENUINE SIGNED AUTOGRAPHED 12 X 8 PHOTO + COA   pictureSTEVIE NICKS FLEETWOOD MAC GENUINE SIGNED AUTOGRAPHED 10 X 8 PHOTO + COA
$92.06
STEVIE NICKS FLEETWOOD MAC GENUINE SIGNED AUTOGRAPHED 10 X 8 PHOTO + COA   picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved