Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-03-2003, 07:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Complete Track list??

Hi everyone. I found this on WinMx while I was looking to see if anything new was leaked. It seems that someone has every song from the new album, but don't get too excited yet. I tried to download a couple but there doesn't seem to be any audio. Still the track list seems authentic enough, so here is what I found:

Bleed to Love Her
Come
Destiny Rules
Everybody Finds Out
Goodbye Baby (The tower????)
Illume
Miranda
Murrow Turning Over in His Grave
Peacekeeper
Red Rover
Running Through the Garden (Hurray!!!!!)
Say Goodbye
Say You Will
Silver Girl
Smile At You (Yippeee!)
Steal Your Heart Away
Thrown Down
What's the World Coming To

And that's 18 just like were supposed to get. Anyone else come across these, and if you have, did you have any luck getting them with audio?
Old 02-03-2003, 07:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I found "Say You will' on there downloaded and burned it then nothing ugh!

Old 02-03-2003, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmm..this is interesting...how cool would it be if that was really it? Smile at You...OMG...but Running Through the Garden...that is out of left field for sure...but still cool...I guess we will know soon enough

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 02-03-2003, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Hmm - I think Paleshadow should've posted that along with a big grain of salt! It's interesting to entertain speculation though...
Old 02-03-2003, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Has anyone ever heard of Destiny Rules, Everybody Finds Out, or Silver Girl? Destiny Rules has got to be a Stevie Song judging by the title alone, but the other two could be either I suppose. Oh yeah, and what about What's the world Coming To?
Old 02-03-2003, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

SmthngOfADreamr, I know that "Silver Girl" and "Destiny Rules" are both Stevie songs because they were copyrighted under her name in the last 12 months.
Whilst the inclusion of "Goodbye Baby" and "Smile At You" would be cause for celebration, the possible omission of "Down On Rodeo" already has me crying into my beer. DownOnRodeo, surely you co-commiserate? Please don't let this be so! I need this to be on the album if only so I can hear Stevie harmonise with Lindsey during the choruses. Out of all the "GOS" songs, this one was custom made for the two of them to sing together.
Old 02-03-2003, 09:00 AM

If this is accurate, I see some serious omissions here -- Down on Rodeo, Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind and Gift of Screws to name a few.

Also, Mick intimated that one of the Stones covers would be on the album, but clearly it's not on this track list.

I fear this may well be the real track list, since these things always seem to leak out. If so, I am going to reserve judgement until I hear the thing. But I will grieve over the omissions.
Old 02-03-2003, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Looks pretty good. That would be so great if a version of "The Tower" were included. That's one of my favorite demos.
But I would be heart-broken if "Down on Rodeo" were left off. That is such a gorgeous song... One of Lindsey's best, IMO. And more than any of the other GOS demos, it has "Fleetwood Mac" written all over it.
Old 02-03-2003, 09:59 AM

I'll add some more thoughts. (Oh, boy!)

Starting the album with Bleed to Love Her, though a great song, would be unbelievably anti-climactic. It's a slow number and to top it off, it's already been out there. If Come is the second song of the album, as that track list appears to indicate, that is unquestionably one of worst track-listing strategy bloopers that I have ever seen. Like or dislike Come, it simply is not a song with mass appeal. Come is a deep cut and shouldn't be anywhere near the top. Now, "hear" me out folks:

You know when you go to one of those online record stores? They usually have snippets of the first five songs. Let's say you're a marginal fan and you probably own Rumours and the Dance. You click on the first song, Bleed to Love Her, and you say, "Hey, I have this song already." Then you click on Come, and you say, "Say what!!? What the devil!??" I don't know the next three songs on the list, so I can't comment. But unless they blow you away (which if Thrown Down and Say You Will provide any indication, I have my doubts), you're done. Kiss off that sale.

Also it perturbs me, if this list is right, that some of the best rockers are left out: Gift of Screws, Deep Dense and Twist of Fate.

I mean, WHAT THE PLUCK!? Are they going for the Mirage and Tango formula of one true rocker and a bunch of well-crafted pop songs that will became as dated as my Members Only jacket in three years?

Having said that, I'll be at the record store at 8:55 a.m. April 15 to pick up my copy. "Hello, boss? Yeah, uh, not feeling too good today. I have A MAC ATTACK!"

Last edited by CarneVaca; 02-03-2003 at 10:02 AM..
Old 02-03-2003, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
I'll add some more thoughts. (Oh, boy!)

Starting the album with Bleed to Love Her, though a great song, would be unbelievably anti-climactic. i

I thought the same thing -- but then I realized that the tracks are listed in alphebetical order, so I'm postive this isn't the sequenceing (sp?)
Old 02-03-2003, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca

Starting the album with Bleed to Love Her, though a great song, would be unbelievably anti-climactic. It's a slow number and to top it off, it's already been out there. If Come is the second song of the album, as that track list appears to indicate, that is unquestionably one of worst track-listing strategy bloopers that I have ever seen.
Dude...lol!...I think your excitement about the name of the album and the Lindsey songs that are gonna be on it has clouded your vision......that tracklist is in alphabetical order! I don't think that's going to be the actual order!

Old 02-03-2003, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well as far as I am concerned this still is a rumour. Or should I say I hope so? Could this be true...? Bleed to love her must not be there. It's a 1997 release and therefore has no place on the new album. Same thing with Steal your heart away which was released on a Best buy thing or so. After such a long time coming up with bread from yesterday would be weak.
Just another thought- Miranda in my opionion is the worst one on GOS. And this should make it on the album? Hardly to believe... Well we'll see.
Old 02-03-2003, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, Im not holding my breath on this list too much.....
If this were true, I echo everyones disapointment with not seeing "Down on Rodeo" or my personal fave "Gotta get away"...plus I also think its crazy to re-release - even if its the studio version- Bleed to love her & Steal your heart away"

BUT the inclusion of Stevies' "Smile at You" & "Goodbye Baby" (possibly the Tower???) and even "Running through the garden" ( always thought this song ROCKED!! and should have made it on Rock A Little) ...seems too good to be true......could this list be some fans personal DREAMWISH????

Last edited by Christopher; 02-03-2003 at 12:11 PM..
Old 02-03-2003, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think this is the real tracklist. I just posted my reason for thinking this in the other "win mx" thread, but I'll say it again here. Prior to the release of potentially "big" albums, it is standard procedure for the record company to flood all major P2P systems with looped and blank versions of every song on the tracklist, in order to minimise the chances of people obtaining the songs in advance and trying to sell them for huge prices on Ebay etc etc What it also does is minimise the number of people who will make the entire album on CD-R for themselves, rather than buying it (before and after the release date.) - although once the album is released the real unlooped/not-blank tracks will inevitably be distributed via such programmes.

It is a very good plan by the record companies, but what it has done in effect is give us a confirmed tracklist!

And looking down that list I see that the only two songs that I REALLY wanted to be there, ARE BOTH there!, well......this has made my WEEK!!!!!!

Old 02-03-2003, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If this is the set list and I know of nothing to say it is not, I can't complain about Steal Your Heart Away as it was advertised in 1997 as from the forthcoming Lindsey Buckingham CD. As we know that CD became the new Fleetwood Mac Album. The best buy CD was meant to be promotional CD. I just can't think anyone thought it would take 6 years to get the finished product....The songs included are some of the most obvious non-traditional Fleetwood Mac songs from the leaked Gift of Screws tracks. Would have loved to have seen Down on Rodeo and Twist of Fate, but this does leave some great Buckingham tunes in the vault to show up somewhere in the future.

Last edited by John Run; 02-03-2003 at 11:31 AM..