Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-19-2004, 08:36 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Default Fourth Fritz Clip! Reconsider from 1967....

This is probably one of the oldest Fritz songs and was written by Javier Pacheco before he joined Fritz. He believes the song may have been played in The Toads and/or in another band, The Moonrakers. It was recorded in San Mateo in 1967, just a few months after Stevie and Brian joined the group. Lindsey is on guitar with Brian on bass. Stevie and Javier are singing background vocals and this is a good example for hearing Lindsey's early vibrato in his singing voice. Music and lyrics written by Javier Pacheco, (c) 1966. Enjoy!

http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/fritz_clips.htm

- Marty
Old 08-19-2004, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow...I don't think it sounds like Liddy at all. It's too short for me to get a feel of the song, but not too shabby.

Thanks for sharing this old clip.

-Curt
Old 08-19-2004, 09:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Sampler objection

I'd like to thank Javier for giving us access to these recordings, first off. But I am a little perturbed by these 'samplers'. If you're going to share, what's the fun in teasing us with fragments of songs? I'm sure you've got an eagle's eye on Ebay to keep people from selling the full versions, so what motive is there exactly to leave us hanging on these half-songs? To be perfectly honest, I think that if you're going to play, you should play fair.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Awesome! It sounds so 60's!

I love the clip but I want to hear the whole song!!
Old 08-19-2004, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Cool!

How weird to hear this 60's sound compared to the FM/SnL we all know now. Great to contrast! Lindsey's voice is adorable and he sounds amazing.

Thanks Javier and Marty, again for these songs! Hopefully, soon, we'll hear the entire catalog of Fritz!
Old 08-20-2004, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yep, that is definitely a 60's groove. Thanks again so much for posting these; they are definitely fun to hear!

"Don't f*&k with anyone's dog and don't ever date a musician."
Old 08-21-2004, 03:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for sharing. I do have to agree with bjk3047 though... it would be nice to hear the whole thing unless a Fritz cd is imminent

Pip
Old 08-21-2004, 12:24 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

I must admit I'm pretty surprised by a couple of these posts. The Fritz snippets are very kindly being made available by Javier to let people hear what Fritz sounded like back then-- there is no fee being collected to hear this music. This is music from 34+ years ago and clearly is not just floating around. Perhaps someday they would be released on CD-- Javier has posted about such a possibility a few times on The Ledge in the past but there were still issues to be worked out. In the meantime, why not just enjoy that you are getting to hear them at all? I see no reason why Javier has to make any of it available, especially after all of these years. The Fritz sampler that he sent me has over 23 minutes of music (16 tracks)-- as long as Javier is happy with how it is being posted to date and the response, perhaps all of it will be made available.

- Marty
Old 08-22-2004, 09:18 AM
Junior Ledgie

This is probably all been talked about before and I haven't read it, but...

I like hearing the clips, but it would be nice to hear a whole song once in a while. Yes thank you Javier for making them available but why does it take this bad e-bay sale to dig this stuff out of the woodwork? I'm sure these songs have some great parts to them that we can't hear in a clip.

If it's not for sure that Javier will release a whole Fritz CD... and quite honestly I don't see it happening from Lindsey especially or Stevie (he seems ruculant to ever own up to the BN CD)... then what is the point on sitting on all this music that we want to listen to? Sometimes I feel like Javier is dangling it in front of us like cocaine in front of Mick so that we can beg him and plead with him for more. So he can finally get the attention he's always wanted.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh please! IF all these songs were to be released on CD, the DUMBEST thing he could do would be to GIVE away the entire songs. I know they could always be file swapped- if/when they are released, but, for a cd in relatively small demand, it would probably take forever to find them all file swapping.
Perhaps he is piqueing our interest in a Fritz recording, so that the CD might come to fruition.
Keep up the good work, Javier!
Old 08-22-2004, 12:31 PM
Junior Ledgie

IF it's released. I'm greatly under the influence of believing that Lindsey won't really go through with getting this off the ground. You know Lindsey. So then you will have all these little clips and no officially-released CD. If you ask me, it's all a money making thing. That's all it is. Javier wasn't famous in a band but Lindsey and Stevie were.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
I must admit I'm pretty surprised by a couple of these posts. The Fritz snippets are very kindly being made available by Javier to let people hear what Fritz sounded like back then-- there is no fee being collected to hear this music. This is music from 34+ years ago and clearly is not just floating around. Perhaps someday they would be released on CD-- Javier has posted about such a possibility a few times on The Ledge in the past but there were still issues to be worked out. In the meantime, why not just enjoy that you are getting to hear them at all? I see no reason why Javier has to make any of it available, especially after all of these years. The Fritz sampler that he sent me has over 23 minutes of music (16 tracks)-- as long as Javier is happy with how it is being posted to date and the response, perhaps all of it will be made available.

- Marty
Well, I love hearing the songs even if it's only part of them. So thank you so much and keep up the good work!
Old 08-23-2004, 10:46 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

If there is even the slightest chance that Javier could release these songs on a commerical package in the future, it is certainly not in his best interest to have any of them posted in their entirety now. Perhaps by giving fans snippets of the songs now, it can generate some fan-based interest which, in turn, can generate some pressure for a commerical release in the future.

Just my opinion...

- Marty
Old 08-23-2004, 11:02 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
as long as Javier is happy with how it is being posted to date and the response, perhaps all of it will be made available.
I'm sorry, but how does this enter into his decision? Either he wants to give us the whole thing or not. Are you insinuating that if enough of us asked and pleaded and begged, that he might just give us another taste?

Quote:
If there is even the slightest chance that Javier could release these songs on a commerical package in the future, it is certainly not in his best interest to have any of them posted in their entirety now.
I'm still going to refer to my previous comment. IF you're going to to play, you should play fair. He has chosen to make this stuff available, he should do it the right way.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:21 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjk3047
Are you insinuating that if enough of us asked and pleaded and begged, that he might just give us another taste?
Sorry, I did not mean to imply that. I was sent a total of 16 tracks and the request was to post them at regular intervals. I have been doing so every other Thursday since I received the CD. If Javier asked me to stop though or remove what has been posted though, I would as it is his material. Pleading and begging is not required to hear more of the sampler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjk3047
I'm still going to refer to my previous comment. IF you're going to to play, you should play fair. He has chosen to make this stuff available, he should do it the right way.
I go back to my comments above too and do not understand what you mean by "play fair" and "the right way". These tracks have not been heard in 30+ years and Javier has archived them for all of this time. Getting to hear any part of any of them is a treat and just because Javier would like people to hear what Fritz actually sounded like does not mean, to me, that he has to post everything that he has available.

- Marty

Last edited by ThePenguin; 08-23-2004 at 12:31 PM..