Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Shuffle Riff

A while ago I talked about a weird bootleg I had, which differed only slightly from a leaked version of GOS that many of you have. This might be a dumb question, but I am confusing myself since my Cds and iTunes aren't in front of me....is Shuffle Riff the same as "Wait For You" LOL.

Secondly, is the Acoustic "Try For the Sun" the same as any of the versions on the Village Recorder Demos?

Also, was there some kind of DVD called Adeventures of something..(real helpful I know) where they used "The Right Place To Fade" but called it "Twist of Fate"...and therefore if they had permission for that, is this what it was really called at one point? I read this in an oooooold thread.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Shuffle Riff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbiJoy78 View Post
A while ago I talked about a weird bootleg I had, which differed only slightly from a leaked version of GOS that many of you have. This might be a dumb question, but I am confusing myself since my Cds and iTunes aren't in front of me....is Shuffle Riff the same as "Wait For You" LOL.

Secondly, is the Acoustic "Try For the Sun" the same as any of the versions on the Village Recorder Demos?

Also, was there some kind of DVD called Adeventures of something..(real helpful I know) where they used "The Right Place To Fade" but called it "Twist of Fate"...and therefore if they had permission for that, is this what it was really called at one point? I read this in an oooooold thread.
1. Yes, Shuffle Riff became Wait For You
2. The demos of Try For The Sun are very similar to the final album version.
3. The Adventures of (or in) Wild California (an IMAX film) contained an excerpt of a song that in the credits was identified as "Twist of Fate."
Old 03-19-2013, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
1. Yes, Shuffle Riff became Wait For You
2. The demos of Try For The Sun are very similar to the final album version.
3. The Adventures of (or in) Wild California (an IMAX film) contained an excerpt of a song that in the credits was identified as "Twist of Fate."
there is some live version of TTFTS floating around which is a bit different - anybody knows where is that from?

thanks for that TOF reference - that's great!! it was the same song right?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
there is some live version of TTFTS floating around which is a bit different - anybody knows where is that from?

thanks for that TOF reference - that's great!! it was the same song right?
The live version might be one of the demos - I will have to listen to them again, although there might be a live version out there.

Twist of Fate in the Wild Adventures film is the same song as Right Place To Fade.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wait For You is one of my favorite Lindsey songs of all time.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Wait For You is a great song. After Red Rover, it's the one I'd most like to hear him play solo...some day.

Are you asking if the GOS1 version is the exact same as Village Recoder, only with vocals added? They sound similar, but it's hard to tell. Maybe someone with more musical knowledge could tell you if it is in fact the same track, just with added production.

I have no idea if RPTF was officially TOF at one time. Good question!

That DVD is still available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Wil...ild+california and besides, TOF, it also features Steal Your Heart Away and an orchestral/instrumental version of Go Your Own Way. Finally, there's a faster, solo version of GYOW during the end credits. I'm not even sure what version it is, but it sounds kind of like OOTC tour Lindsey
Old 03-20-2013, 09:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

Hmm..LOL thanks for those answer guys! It's hard for me because I don't have memorized in my head exactly what some of those demos sound like, as I've only received some of them not long ago ( thanks to someone here).

I was trying to figure out what I still DON'T have. I saw I didn't have anything titled "Shuffle Riff" and that my version of GOS differs only in track order from what most of you guys have, when I looked back at one Elle sent me long ago. The only other difference was that one had "Shuffle Riff" and mine had "Wait For You". Now all I am wondering, is if they are exactly the same versions just with different titles.

If a song was allowed to be used in a film, then Lindsey would have to OK that right? I wonder why back then the song was called "Twist of Fate"? And if this is the same version as what ended up being "TRPTF".

My question about "To Try For The Sun"....hmm, not even sure what I mean. In the list of songs Elle send me once, it listed an "acoustic" version of this, and then I see on the Village Recorder Demos there are a couple versions. Don't have my VRD on me at the moment. And I forget what they sounded like....I'm just wondering if this acoustic version is one I do not have. All of my questions come down to: Do I have this or not? So that if not, I can get it!

On a side note, from what I can see about my version of GOS, there are two Stones covers songs that never ended up on any of LB's solo albums. ("Gotta Get Away" and "The Singer Not The Song")
Old 03-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hmm..LOL thanks for those answer guys! It's hard for me because I don't have memorized in my head exactly what some of those demos sound like, as I've only received some of them not long ago ( thanks to someone here).

I was trying to figure out what I still DON'T have. I saw I didn't have anything titled "Shuffle Riff" and that my version of GOS differs only in track order from what most of you guys have, when I looked back at one Elle sent me long ago. The only other difference was that one had "Shuffle Riff" and mine had "Wait For You". Now all I am wondering, is if they are exactly the same versions just with different titles.

If a song was allowed to be used in a film, then Lindsey would have to OK that right? I wonder why back then the song was called "Twist of Fate"? And if this is the same version as what ended up being "TRPTF".

My question about "To Try For The Sun"....hmm, not even sure what I mean. In the list of songs Elle send me once, it listed an "acoustic" version of this, and then I see on the Village Recorder Demos there are a couple versions. Don't have my VRD on me at the moment. And I forget what they sounded like....I'm just wondering if this acoustic version is one I do not have. All of my questions come down to: Do I have this or not? So that if not, I can get it!

On a side note, from what I can see about my version of GOS, there are two Stones covers songs that never ended up on any of LB's solo albums. ("Gotta Get Away" and "The Singer Not The Song")
Hi Abbi

I have two folders with GOS1. They're the same thing, just one was from Throwndown, and one was from someone on here, I think, years ago. Neither one lists Wear You Down. Only Shuffle Riff. I've only seen Wear You Down listed as the title on the official GOS album. So I would guess that you don't have the earlier version. But, I've also never seen those GOS1 songs available except as a complete album, so it's strange that you'd have one oddball in the set, if you downloaded GOS1 as a complete album (probably as a .rar file)

I also have TTFTS acoustic, and it's definitely different from TTFTS on Village Recorder. Also different from GOS1. The acoustic one is VERY much a demo. It's a little slower and no harmonies. Just like he recorded it sitting in his hotel room. So, if you want all of them, you'd want to have the GOS1 version, the official version, the Village Recorder version, and the acoustic version

I really like all of his Stones covers, except Blue Turns To Grey. But, Gotta Get Away and The Singer Not The Song are maybe my favorites of all of them <3
Old 03-20-2013, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Blue Turns to Gray.

Michele
Old 03-21-2013, 09:27 AM
Senior Ledgie

You guys are great, thanks for the input! Yes Michele "Blue Turns to Grey" may be another cover not on an LB album, but it is not on my version of GOS. My version of GOS, by the way, was a weird bootleg physical CD. I sent pics of it a while back in a post. NONE of the titles are correct, it's all misheard lyrics as titles. Really annoying. So, on my actual CD the title is not "Wait For You" nor is it "Shuffle Riff", but it is called "I Want To Wait For You". (the closest one to actually being correct on this damn cd!) I'm guessing it still has to be an early version, just wondering does Shuffle Riff have words??
Old 03-21-2013, 09:29 AM
Senior Ledgie

Oh man Lindsfan....I just realized we may be talking about two different songs! Heehee
Old 03-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You guys are great, thanks for the input! Yes Michele "Blue Turns to Grey" may be another cover not on an LB album, but it is not on my version of GOS. My version of GOS, by the way, was a weird bootleg physical CD. I sent pics of it a while back in a post. NONE of the titles are correct, it's all misheard lyrics as titles. Really annoying. So, on my actual CD the title is not "Wait For You" nor is it "Shuffle Riff", but it is called "I Want To Wait For You". (the closest one to actually being correct on this damn cd!) I'm guessing it still has to be an early version, just wondering does Shuffle Riff have words??
Shuffle Riff has words, it's just like Wait For You.

At least the one I have.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh man Lindsfan....I just realized we may be talking about two different songs! Heehee
Right on

LOL, maybe we're confusing our riffs?

Steve's Riff (Wear You Down) is the one that seems like mostly grunting, but it does actually have words. I copied these from BuckinghamNicks.net:

Get ready, stand in line
Take me home with you
Get ready, stand in line
Take me home with you
I found out, I found out
Who did it, and why
I found out, I found out...
Why, oh, why

I'm gonna knock, knock down your door
Babe, you'll never feel it before
Yeah, I'm gonna take you around
I'm gonna wear you down

Uh, eh, oh...uh, eh, oh
Uh-huh
Uh, eh, oh...uh, eh, oh

Get ready, stand in line
Get ready, stand in line
Take me home with you
I found out, I found out
Who did it, and why
I found out, I found out..
Why, why

I'm gonna knock, knock down your door
Babe, you'll never feel it before
Yeah, I'm gonna take you around
I'm gonna wear you down

Uh, eh, oh...uh, eh, oh
Uh-huh
Uh, eh, oh...uh, eh, oh
Uh, eh, oh...uh, eh, oh
Uh-huh
Uh, eh, oh...uh, eh, oh

Do doo doo doo
Do doo doo doo
Do doo doo doo
Do doo doo doo
Do doo doo doo
Do doo doo doo

Uh-huh
Uh, eh, oh...uh, eh, oh
Uh-huh
Uh, eh, oh...uh, eh, oh
Uh-huh
Uh, eh, oh...uh, eh, oh
Uh-huh
Uh, eh, oh...uh, eh, oh

Uh-huh
Uh, eh, oh...uh, eh, oh
Uh-huh
Uh, eh, oh...uh, eh, oh
Uh-huh
Uh, eh, oh...uh, eh, oh
Uh-huh
Uh, eh, oh...uh, eh, oh

Old 03-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
YSo, on my actual CD the title is not "Wait For You" nor is it "Shuffle Riff", but it is called "I Want To Wait For You". (the closest one to actually being correct on this damn cd!) I'm guessing it still has to be an early version, just wondering does Shuffle Riff have words??
all versions of Shuffle Riff and Wait For You that i have sound very similar. interestingly, the song is listed at both the copyright office site as well as ASCAP publishing site as I want to wait for you.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Where would one find GOS1? I have the Village Recorder Demos from Throwndown but that's all I could find. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Just a dream, just a dream.