User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I totally agree with this interpretation. To me, it seems like it's dealing with regrets and mistakes made in the past, and facing the fact that those days are gone, "Swing low sweet chariot, bring us back our youth..." and hoping that in another life they will be able to fix what they couldn't in this one.

If you look at the third verse as standing alone from the prior two, I can see this as well.
Ahh but it's through his children (and through them the reflection of youth, his, theirs, everybody's) that he finds this redemption. I think our interpretations intermingle. We are all our parents' children. Ergo: the end of time. Can you FEEL it?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I'm sorry to gloat, but they're discussing song lengths for IYD in the Stevie forum...and we've actually got new Lindsey lyrics!!
- perhaps the advantage of not being with WBs... and having Pattie!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, but Pyrrhic Victory because I think we've only got them because he needs a record label. She doesn't.

Michele
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
- perhaps the advantage of not being with WBs... and having Pattie!
True to both. Stevie needs Pattie.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, I'm actually a little shocked by some of these lyrics. Why such an emphasis on the past? I swear, I am no shipper, but there is so clearly someone (could be more than one person) in LB's past that still functions as a muse for this man, and I agree with Michele, the sense of there being no time left to fix something is definitely there.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyman10 View Post
Wow, I'm actually a little shocked by some of these lyrics. Why such an emphasis on the past? I swear, I am no shipper, but there is so clearly someone (could be more than one person) in LB's past that still functions as a muse for this man, and I agree with Michele, the sense of there being no time left to fix something is definitely there.
My sentiments exactly.

Also, this line in The Way Love Goes:

"I'd like to take the pain away
away away away
I'd like to shake the covers back
"

I hear "The ___ shade of colors fade"
Old 04-25-2011, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I'm taking a stab at this one. For me, this is his song to his children. Reflected in them, he's confronting his mortality and also recognizing his immortality. Thus, the brilliant double meaning he applies to the phrase "the end of time." Can you feel it? I sure do in the elemental/primal melody on which these sentiments slide.
I can see your point, but usually men don't confront mortality until they are actually right up on it. They tend to think they are immortal. Lindsey's still got a lot of good years left. So, my speculation would lean towards it not being a song from him to his kids.

But, the lyrics do make me think of when my own father passed away, after a lengthy illness, and his feelings about knowing it was time and wanting to know he loved us. Maybe Lindsey wrote it from that perspective - of a friend or family member who knows the "end" is near. Except I don't know how the part about "telling the truth" figures in...
Old 04-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
True to both. Stevie needs Pattie.
Well, I'm going to try very hard on May 4th! It's either feast or famine with these two. I'm going to be bi-coastal twice in one month thanks to these two people. Let's just send some healing energy to my internet connection so I can upload Seeds We Sow.
I'm so happy that my Panasonic camera broke and I ended up buying the Canon. It did a good job but I really need to learn how to use it better.

As for his lyrics, I can't help think that at least in some parts it is about one person. That one person who is playing at Webster Hall on May 4th? Yes.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
As for his lyrics, I can't help think that at least in some parts it is about one person. That one person who is playing at Webster Hall on May 4th? Yes.
I didn't go into the thread thinking they would be, but after actually reading them I can't seem to come to any other conclusion... for the most part, anyway.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Same. In fact, this thread might have turned me into a shipper.

Thanks to everyone for the deciphering work, other than a few words here and there I wasn't able to make much of them out on my own. I'm a lyric sheet kind of person.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seriously, I think "End of Time" might end up being one of my favorite Lindsey songs of all time.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've listened to the songs nonstop all day today, on repeat. It's absurd. I'm addicted. And, I'm going around singing TEOT when I'm not listening... the man has ruined me.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I didn't go into the thread thinking they would be, but after actually reading them I can't seem to come to any other conclusion... for the most part, anyway.
Really, except for Rumours (and some of Tusk), I don't think most of Lindsey's FM songs are about Stevie. And I wouldn't say I feel L & O, Go Insane, and OOTC are about her either. But UTS . . .I think most of them are and I think the 6 songs I heard from SWS are about her.

As for Gift of Screws, maybe, maybe not. That could go either way. But UTS and this one definitely. I'm not even trying to make it so. I'm just sitting here minding my own business and he comes over and hits me over the head with it.

That darn shadow singer, standing and lingering everywhere. Michele
Old 04-25-2011, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've listened to the songs nonstop all day today, on repeat. It's absurd. I'm addicted. And, I'm going around singing TEOT when I'm not listening... the man has ruined me.
We are in the same boat! zomg that song!!! I've decided that when the Stevie ablum comes out I'm going to have to put these songs away until the release in September. It will be difficult.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Really, except for Rumours (and some of Tusk), I don't think most of Lindsey's FM songs are about Stevie. And I wouldn't say I feel L & O, Go Insane, and OOTC are about her either. But UTS . . .I think most of them are and I think the 6 songs I heard from SWS are about her.

As for Gift of Screws, maybe, maybe not. That could go either way. But UTS and this one definitely. I'm not even trying to make it so. I'm just sitting here minding my own business and he comes over and hits me over the head with it.

That darn shadow singer, standing and lingering everywhere. Michele
Maybe, as with UTS (possibly), he wrote these songs with the intention of doing a Mac album. Or they can both be read as responses to the SYW and Unleashed tours, respectively. sheesh... what does go on with those two!?

Old 04-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Or they can both be read as responses to the SYW and Unleashed tours, respectively. sheesh... what does go on with those two!?
Sure does make you wonder... just when you think he's "said goodbye!" What on earth.

Quote:
. But UTS and this one definitely. I'm not even trying to make it so. I'm just sitting here minding my own business and he comes over and hits me over the head with it.

That darn shadow singer, standing and lingering everywhere.
Yes, yes, yes. My thoughts exactly.
And to the italicized -