Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
SPELLING & GRAMMAR CHECK PLEASE.

you are a jerk. you are here for the sole purpose of pissing us off. and guess what. it worked. i officially don't like you, welcome to ignore. first person i've ever ignored in 10 years of being on the ledge.

idiot.
no, Lindsay did that himself, no class and I am not the only one here pissed
so get over yourself!
Old 04-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEHEDRICK View Post
so get over yourself!
Come on Hepr*ck, I feel sorry for everybody but you, respectless fly. Even in your first post you couldn't even spell his name. I'm glad you missed the show.

For everybody else: This s*cks bigtime. I hope he'll be generous to the fans that missed it.

Old 04-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Ledgie

From what I understand, the Rococo uses a specific sound system because there are a number of older people living in condos above the theatre who constantly complain about the noise from concerts. A DJ on a local classic rock station was sort of making fun of that this morning.

On the other hand, Jason Mraz is playing a sold out concert there tonight, as they brought up when they talked about the Lindsey fiasco this afternoon on the radio (yeah, this is big news here, apparently ).

Do I think Lindsey was wrong to cancel at the last minute? Yes. Do I think he needs to think back to a few months ago, when he was grateful to have fans flock to concerts? Absolutely. But, what the director of the Rococo posted on the site was very unprofessional, far less professional than what Lindsey's people did.

Waiting for them to put up a big "NO LINDSEY BUCKINGHAMS ALLOWED" billboard over the downtown I-80 exit.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Ledgie

From the Lincoln Journal Star
http://www.journalstar.com/articles/...3670163750.txt

Buckingham pulls plug after sound system debate

Tammy Hayden drove from Kearney to hear Lindsey Buckingham perform Wednesday night.

She returned home disappointed.

The Fleetwood Mac rocker canceled his performance two hours before he was to take the stage at the Rococo Theatre, citing technical difficulties related to the sound. “I was freaking out,” said Hayden, who arrived 30 minutes early to find a sign on the door with no explanation. “I wanted to go so badly.”

Hayden’s disappointment is just part of a story-turned-debate, with Buckingham and the Rococo blaming each other on their Web sites for the cancellation.

According to Buckingham’s site, the singer’s audio team wasn’t happy with Rococo’s sound system and wanted to bring in additional equipment but was told it couldn’t.

“Lindsey prides himself on delivering the very best performance and production for every show, but in this case he wasn’t able to do so,” Buckingham’s Web site said.

Pam Gregorios, Rococo events director, confirmed the theater denied Buckingham’s request. She said Buckingham had his own equipment in addition to the Rococo’s, but wanted to bring in additional equipment beyond what was allowed in his contract.

She also said turning down Buckingham’s request had nothing to do with decibel levels or the residents living above the theater in the downtown building.

“Sound system and the physical layout of the theater were well known to the promoters that brought Lindsey to Lincoln, and any misrepresentation was not on the part of the Rococo staff,” Gregorios said.

Buckingham’s people argued that wasn’t the case, saying, “The sound system in the building was not what was represented to Lindsey’s audio technicians when doing their ‘advance’ on the show.”

Buckingham was rehearsing at the venue during the sound debate and returned to his hotel, but not before using expletives to describe the Rococo, Gregorios said.

“Rococo staff and management were put off by his diva-like behavior … and wondered if he always felt it necessary to be so rude to people who are simply trying to put on a good show,” she said.

Meanwhile, fans like Hayden and Tom Arsiaga were left with more questions than answers, and apologies from Buckingham and the Rococo did little for them.

“When you pay $33 for a ticket, you want more of an explanation than a locked door and a sign,” Hayden said.

Arsiaga of Lincoln arrived at 5:30 p.m. and felt he and his friends were mistreated by Rococo staff members when he approached them with questions.

“This is another step back for concerts to come here to Lincoln,” he said. “It’s another blow to us Lincolnites.”

Gregorios said she didn’t believe Rococo staff members were rude to patrons, but apologized if any were. She noted the front of the house was chaos after Buckingham announced he wasn’t going to play.

“I can appreciate that,” Gregorios said. “If we would have had sufficient notice, we could have addressed the issue a little easier.”

As for refunds, online purchases through etix.com will be refunded within a week. The Rococo will contact those who purchased tickets, priced between $30-$35, at the theater’s box office.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

DavidMN is on the phone and is requesting I type the following as he does not have access to a computer at the moment:

"I am extremely angry at the few people bad-mouthing Lindsey. I have been to 11 shows and after this leg that would bring a total of 16. I do not regret one penny I have spent, or any of the miles I have traveled to see him (approx 10,000.) I have seen the kind of efforts he puts out for his fans, the respect and kindness he has shown to his fans when they have greeted him, and I have no doubt that carries over into his communications with professionals and personnel at events. I have seen this with my own two eyes. I was also there last night. I know what I observed. I saw the reps from the venue be extremely rude to fans. People who have not been to a show of Lindsey's do not know what they are talking about and should keep their mouth shut. Niki has read me the Rococo statement and they are ball-faced liars!"

David - I concur.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nicki View Post
I don't think he's necessarily actually that spoiled or that any of this is as simple as we're making it. But I'm just responding to peoples' reactions that "well if it would have made Lindsey unhappy, then I fully support him" and "it's better to cancel a show than to put one on with less than perfect sound." I don't buy it. If less than perfect sound really makes Lindsey that unhappy, and if you would rather not see him than see him with less than perfect sound, there's something wrong with both of you. If that was the case, he would never play in arenas and you would never go see him play in arenas.

But there's almost certainly more to the story. Even if it's just that he couldn't use his delays and samples and fancy effects or something. That would alter the arrangements of the songs enough that I can understand him not wanting to play without them.
exactly i dont care about if lindsey might be upset that his sound wouldn't have been as good. i feel bad for all those who were going to the show not lindsey. boo hoo he must be upset about the sound thing not working out and i totally sympathise and i hope he's recovering and all that.....crap. i'd still go and see him but i don't give a **** if he's upset about it or not, do feel bad for those fans though who would have loved the show anyway.

if the beatles tour during beatlemania without ringo you would think that lindsey could have realised this problem in advance and gone on anyway.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
[B][SIZE="3"]I have seen the kind of efforts he puts out for his fans, the respect and kindness he has shown to his fans when they have greeted him, and I have no doubt that carries over into his communications with professionals and personnel at events. I have seen this with my own two eyes.
yeah but you wear glasses dont you? i just think they shouldhave caved in to the arean or theatre of whatever it was and done the show even if it wouldn't be the best one he's ever done.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Für Elise View Post
yeah but you wear glasses dont you? i just think they shouldhave caved in to the arean or theatre of whatever it was and done the show even if it wouldn't be the best one he's ever done.
perhaps if the person we were speaking of was sanjaya from american idol. Lindsey is about professionalism and perfection. What is not to understand about his reasoning for the cancellation? As far as I am concerned Lindsey made the right decision, after hours of attempts to work things out, and I have no doubt he will be back at Lincoln at another venue blowing the roof off. That would give all those disappointed the opportunity to boycott....what fun. As well, for the "Director of Events" to state they were not thinking of the neighbors upstairs in their stance is bullchit.

Note for Rocaca: BITTER MUCH?
Old 04-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
like I said really no more tix than he's been selling, hey Lindsay your no Stevie Nicks stay home!
Yeah but he's enjoying himself on this tour. He doesnt need the money...I think he's just diggin the fans, the chemistry of Brett, Neale and himself...that sort of thing.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default fyi

SOUND LEVEL MANAGEMENT AT ROCOCO THEATRE, NE.

Associated Acoustical Consultants: Cross Country

The Rococo Theatre, located in Lincoln NE has been restored to its 1929 condition. There you can enjoy the unique combination of live musical acts on stage or sports on big screen.

The restoration is celebrated by artists who bring with high energy music. Neighbors, primarily in the adjacent condominium block, have found that this intrudes into their quiet. The result was a court order to restrict sound emission with the use of a Grozier system.

The sound level emission is restricted in a low frequency band of about 40 Hz to 500 Hz (Essentially that part of the frequency range that distinguishes A-weighted sound from C-weighted sound). Sound limits are based upon the number of seconds that the sound level may exceed various decibel levels. A complete record of each event is retained.

Since the system is operated by the theater, security checksum is applied to all reports.

http://www.grozier.com/Rococo.shtml
Old 04-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey is about professionalism and perfection.
Walking out on 600 fans one hour before showtime. Oh so professional.

Quote:
What is not to understand about his reasoning for the cancellation? As far as I am concerned Lindsey made the right decision, after hours of attempts to work things out
I see you've really done your homework. He soundchecks "a couple" songs and declares he's done. That Lindsey is just always trying to make the peace.

Quote:
As well, for the "Director of Events" to state they were not thinking of the neighbors upstairs in their stance is bullchit.
You say that as if it somehow is a negative thing. Lindsey and crew would have known about that well in advance, and it was a court order to keep the volume down. Should they have completely disregarded it so that Lindsey could be amplified by 10 more decibals?

By the way, I'm not trying to say Lindsey was totally wrong and the Rococo was totally right at all. It's just pretty darn obvious to me that this was not the best choice on Lindsey's part, even if the Rococo had horribly mistreated him, or lied to him, or just had a crappy sound system. He can still put on a show, if not his exact same show. Ooh, partial spontaneity, baaaaad. We can't have that. What really gets to me is the people who defend the man no matter what all the time! Your judgment is too clouded by your fondness of him. I just saw him in Chicago 3 days ago so I am still on a Lindsey high, but I can see potential flaws in him. This may not have been the best decision on his part. Admit it. You know you want to!
Old 04-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
so get over yourself!
Wow...Totally agree with Sarah on this one...now I understand why people say there is drama on here...people like this create it. I know the fans must of been pissed that the show didn't go on...but he felt he wasn't able to put on a good show. So what were his choices? Put on a crummy show? or cancel? I joined b/c it seems like everyone I run into at a show is a member here. Hopefully I run into some of you on here!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Walking out on 600 fans one hour before showtime. Oh so professional.
Gee...conflicting reports. Venue states one hour before show...people at the event reporting to the press 5:30. What time were the doors to open...what time was the show to start? I wonder why it was last minute...maybe time was spent trying to work it out?

Quote:
I see you've really done your homework. He soundchecks "a couple" songs and declares he's done. That Lindsey is just always trying to make the peace.
I wonder why Lindsey took the time to sound check songs? Maybe he TRIED to make it work with their equipment and found it did not? Oh sure Lindsey would have wanted people fcking with his music through the Grosier system. You may want to do your homework...take a gander how the sound is manipulated with that system.
Quote:
You say that as if it somehow is a negative thing. Lindsey and crew would have known about that well in advance, and it was a court order to keep the volume down. Should they have completely disregarded it so that Lindsey could be amplified by 10 more decibals?
The venue should have been upfront of their equipment and desire to stick with their court order. Lindsey obviously didn't know about the equipment restriction or he WOULD have selected another venue.

Quote:
It's just pretty darn obvious to me that this was not the best choice on Lindsey's part, even if the Rococo had horribly mistreated him, or lied to him, or just had a crappy sound system. He can still put on a show, if not his exact same show. Ooh, partial spontaneity, baaaaad.
When you are a musician of Lindsey's stature, get back to us with how you would handle the situation...dogpony show? maybe pull a rabbit out of your ...? oh yeah I would LOVE to see that.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Yahoo news article

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070412/...nceled_concert

By JOSH FUNK, Associated Press Writer Thu Apr 12, 7:54 PM ET

OMAHA, Neb. - The managers of a Lincoln theater say Fleetwood Mac guitarist
Lindsey Buckingham's "diva-like behavior" doomed his concert there this week, and that the sound system he blames was not the problem.
ADVERTISEMENT

In a message on Buckingham's Web site, "technical difficulties related to sound" were blamed for Wednesday's cancellation. Buckingham's message said the theater in downtown Lincoln refused Buckingham's request to use his own equipment to supplement its sound system.

"Lindsey prides himself on delivering the very best performance and production for every show, but in this case he wasn't able to do so," Buckingham's message said. "Lindsey hopes his fans in Lincoln will understand, and he looks forward to returning to Lincoln but under much better conditions."

Buckingham has been touring since October in support of his first solo album in 14 years, "Under the Skin."

Rococo Theatre events director Pam Gregorios said this was the first time it has ever had a performer cancel a show.

"Rococo staff and management were put off by his diva-like behavior ... and wondered if he always felt it necessary to be so rude to people who are simply trying to put on a good show," Gregorios said.

Buckingham's representatives did not immediately respond to questions e-mailed to them Thursday afternoon.

But a section of the Web site about the guitars Buckingham uses included a quote about how the equipment he uses isn't that important.

"It's all in the player really," Buckingham said to Rolling Stone magazine in 1979. "Look at somebody like Hendrix. It didn't matter what guitar he had or even if it was in tune. The thing is, if you can connect, you can get anything you want out of an instrument. There's no dream instrument that could give you everything. You just have to use your imagination."

Buckingham spent an hour checking the sound at the theater and rehearsing a couple songs before deciding to cancel about an hour before show time, Gregorios said.

"I can only speculate as to the disappointment of the six hundred and some odd fans who arrived to find the show canceled," Gregorios said.

Buckingham joined Fleetwood Mac in 1975 but bolted the group in 1987 over creative differences. The group has reunited twice since then for albums and tours.

Ticket holders will receive refunds.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Gee...conflicting reports. Venue states one hour before show...people at the event reporting to the press 5:30. What time were the doors to open...what time was the show to start? I wonder why it was last minute...maybe time was spent trying to work it out?
While I didn't see any reports of 5:30 myself, I'll take your word for it. I see you know exactly what he was doing during the time anyway so I'm really not needed. But I will say that on Monday, doors opened at 7:30pm and at about 7:35, security told us we couldn't go in yet because he was still on stage soundchecking.
Quote:
I wonder why Lindsey took the time to sound check songs? Maybe he TRIED to make it work with their equipment and found it did not? Oh sure Lindsey would have wanted people fcking with his music through the Grosier system. You may want to do your homework...take a gander how the sound is manipulated with that system.
Obviously, since this was the first soundcheck he ever did, he was just trying to work with their awful equipment and tweak it juts right so he made everyone happy. Oh, and please, enlighten us with how the sound is technically manipulated. I would love to hear your knowledge of the subject presented in your usual dignified, elegant manner.
Quote:
Lindsey obviously didn't know about the equipment restriction or he WOULD have selected another venue.
Another blanket statement, much like your so called "fact" earlier, that is not only completely unprovable, but as far as I'm concerned, more than likely false. They are not secretive about it. The Grozier website even lists them as a user of their system, which they probably wouldn't if it was a secret.
Quote:
When you are a musician of Lindsey's stature, get back to us with how you would handle the situation...dogpony show? maybe pull a rabbit out of your ...? oh yeah I would LOVE to see that.
Your maturity and grace is truly something to behold.