The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow that's great. I would DIE to see it!!!
Old 11-05-2005, 02:17 PM
Ledgie

Exciting news indeed. I agree with everyone about Pete playing the leads. When I first got the Splinter DVD, and that first lead in "Black Magic Woman" came along, and it was Nigel, I was majorly bummed-out to say the least.
Maybe just being up there with the guys around him that were there in Pete's prime will sort of bring a little something out of him that remains deep inside.
I certainly wouldn't be looking for a Boston Tea Party-esque lead solos, but just seeing 'ol Pete play it would be wonderful.
People would just love and appreciate his doing this so much, it just might be some of the best therapy he's ever had. I hope he does it - and I hope he really feels the good vibes from the fans.

Obviously Danny is not even a consideration. Has there been ANY news on his situation recently?

Welcome Joe (aka Pete's nephew). Please don't be a stranger.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgreen67
Hi guys

i spoke to mick fleetwood last week and he said he was still trying to get in touch peter to see if he was interested in a fm reunion ... he told me time was running out on the project now... ... when i spoke to peter about it a while ago he seemed interested ... so who knows ??

Joe ... petes nephew :-)
Welcome Joe.
As for your family bond, are you regularly in contact with Peter?

As for who should be asked for third guitar in the line-up, only one name seriously comes to my mind when having to replace Danny: SNOWY WHITE.

Cheers,
Wouter
Old 11-06-2005, 05:01 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk
Welcome Joe.
As for your family bond, are you regularly in contact with Peter?

As for who should be asked for third guitar in the line-up, only one name seriously comes to my mind when having to replace Danny: SNOWY WHITE.

Cheers,
Wouter
Hi.... i have not sopke to peter for a while now because he is in sweden ... but when he is back here in the uk i,m with him all the time .. because he does not drive i take him out to places .. where ever he wants to go !!.... i also had a pete rehearsing with me in a band i,m in until he went back to sweden .. which now is a fleetwood mac tribute band ...... i think he will come back soon for a while ..because my family have not seen him ... so i look forward to that
Old 11-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzero
something low-key seems more likely- some studio sessions or club gigs playing blues classics and a few fm tunes with support musicians seems more plausible.
I agree, and I would really welcome something like this, although hopefully without supporting musicians.

My hope/suggestion: Just put Pete, Mick and John (assuming Jeremy won't bite) in a studio with a producer who knows what he's doing (like Rick Rubin, or somebody else who knows how to get the most out of a minimalist arrangement and elicit inspired performances from the artists he's working with), and let them run through a bunch of old blues classics for a few weeks, some Robert Johnson or Howlin' Wolf tunes or whatever strikes their fancy (or, if they're feeling really inspired, a few tunes by some newer blues-influenced groups, like the White Stripes or Black Keys). Pick out ten or twelve of the best tracks, and build an album out of that. I think something along these lines has much more potential to be successful and interesting and relevant than some kind of attempt at nostalgia concerts; I just don't see Peter being up for that kind of thing without hiding behind supporting players, and it seems like expectations would be well above what the results would undoubtedly be.

So... Joe... can you get cracking on whispering some of these suggestions into the right ears? (I mean, welcome to the Ledge!)
Old 11-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
I agree, and I would really welcome something like this, although hopefully without supporting musicians.

My hope/suggestion: Just put Pete, Mick and John (assuming Jeremy won't bite) in a studio with a producer who knows what he's doing (like Rick Rubin, or somebody else who knows how to get the most out of a minimalist arrangement and elicit inspired performances from the artists he's working with), and let them run through a bunch of old blues classics for a few weeks, some Robert Johnson or Howlin' Wolf tunes or whatever strikes their fancy (or, if they're feeling really inspired, a few tunes by some newer blues-influenced groups, like the White Stripes or Black Keys). Pick out ten or twelve of the best tracks, and build an album out of that. I think something along these lines has much more potential to be successful and interesting and relevant than some kind of attempt at nostalgia concerts; I just don't see Peter being up for that kind of thing without hiding behind supporting players, and it seems like expectations would be well above what the results would undoubtedly be.

So... Joe... can you get cracking on whispering some of these suggestions into the right ears? (I mean, welcome to the Ledge!)
You're a genius! That would be excellent. I've been listening to the White Stripes today. Jack White would probably be honored to lend a song.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
You're a genius! That would be excellent. I've been listening to the White Stripes today. Jack White would probably be honored to lend a song.
Can you imagine them doing kind of a stripped-down, more rhythmic version of a song like "Girl, You Have No Faith In Medicine"?
Old 11-24-2005, 08:13 PM
Ledgie

Oh, nice news bit this. I hope it comes to be sometime in the year to come....
And, to Joe.... give our regards to Peter when you do see him. All the best....
Old 11-24-2005, 10:21 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaconda69
Oh, nice news bit this. I hope it comes to be sometime in the year to come....
And, to Joe.... give our regards to Peter when you do see him. All the best....

hi ... as it goes he just went back to sweden ... he came over here for a few days ... hes ok ... looks very well !!. hes lost 2 stone !!!
Old 11-25-2005, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
hi ... as it goes he just went back to sweden ... he came over here for a few days ... hes ok ... looks very well !!. hes lost 2 stone !!!
Well...we Swedes are quite health-oriented these days , perhaps his Swedish lady helped him?
A pity he doesn't play concerts when he's here, but it's more important that the MAN is in good health! Thanks a lot for the update.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino
Well...we Swedes are quite health-oriented these days , perhaps his Swedish lady helped him?
A pity he doesn't play concerts when he's here, but it's more important that the MAN is in good health! Thanks a lot for the update.
Excellent point. I really want to see him live again. I've head the priveledge of seeing Peter 3 times live, and each time was a real treat.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:20 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino

hi yes !!... she did help him .... i cant see peter losing weight on his own ... i dont think he was really bothered ... when i called him up and said, you lost 2 stone.... he just YEAH ... with nothing more to add !!.. and that was it , lol ... but he looks very well for it !!!..... nothing going on musically at the moment with him ..... i asked him about the fm reunion but he didnt have munch to say really
Old 11-30-2005, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
hi yes !!... she did help him .... i cant see peter losing weight on his own ... i dont think he was really bothered ... when i called him up and said, you lost 2 stone.... he just YEAH ... with nothing more to add !!.. and that was it , lol ... but he looks very well for it !!!..... nothing going on musically at the moment with him ..... i asked him about the fm reunion but he didnt have munch to say really
Cool. thanks for sharing any info. It's appriciated.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:01 PM
Ledgie

Well, it's great to hear that he's in good health, without which there could never be a reunion, or just more performances....here's to the continued hope of Peter Playin' On...
Old 11-30-2005, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Again, if they do a reunion, they HAVE to do "Gotta Serve Somebody."

THE Stephen Hopkins