User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
I got this CD at Newbury Comics in Boston when I was there in summer 2010 to see Melissa Etheridge in concert at the Wang Center. Also saw her that summer in Hyannis at Cape Cod Melody Tent. I do also have the show on DVD I bought a bunch of DVD rips for various episodes of CMT Crossroads from a seller off of that I offer website. Quality was great.

As for Bootlegs, I have noticed these DVD'S in HMV stores here in Canada from a company called Immortal. One was a Crosby Still and Nash 82 tour bootleg with crappy looking pictures on the back. I did buy one second hand at a shop in Ottawa called Tom Petty Live On Air which is clips of him performing certain songs in various settings. One of them looks like the 89 SNL performance of "Free Fallin" so I wondered how they got away with that. At the time I didn't know anything about this company so blindly bought it and it is ok but some performance clips are not the best audio or video quality.
Immortal made the crappy one I bought Yes, you definitely want to stay away from them. The private seller probably recorded off a HD channel? That would be ideal

And since you mentioned her, Melissa Etheridge is another artist I would LOVE to see collaborate with Lindsey
Old 01-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Immortal made the crappy one I bought Yes, you definitely want to stay away from them. The private seller probably recorded off a HD channel? That would be ideal

And since you mentioned her, Melissa Etheridge is another artist I would LOVE to see collaborate with Lindsey
I have the CD released by Immortal. I was under the assumption that it is an official release. I don't consider it as "crappy." The packaging is actually very professional. While it may not be an authorized release, it sure looks like one.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That concert is one of my favorite things that Lindsey has done and is actually what got me back into Lindsey after a lull in the early/mid '00s. It's really a fantastic show and they compliment each other so well.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I have the CD released by Immortal. I was under the assumption that it is an official release. I don't consider it as "crappy." The packaging is actually very professional. While it may not be an authorized release, it sure looks like one.
I was only refering to the quality of the DVD. I don't have the CD, but I'm glad to hear it sounds better than the DVD looked. The DVD is in fact "crappy" If you haven't seen the show at all, it might not seem so bad ( and may be better than nothing ), but when you've seen it in HD, it's a real let-down. Looks like a rip from VHS. It was a great concert/show and deserves a professional release - preferably on blu-ray!!

I agree, the packaging is really nice I kept the case and booklet, and replaced the DVD with my own DVD, ripped from the DVR