User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I don't think they ever expressed a plan or goal to complete the album before the tour, but they definitely mentioned that they didn't know what Stevie's plans were or when she would join them.[COLOR= When Lindsey mentioned that sort of agreement it was a clear change in how they had previously talked about it. So I think we can reasonably conclude [/COLOR]it was a new development at that time and not something that had already been arranged months earlier.

Her reluctance is implied by her lack of eagerness.It's clear they would've liked her there working with them. She chose to be elsewhere..
...and this is just me, but it feels like she's throwing them a bone by saying she'll do it after the tour.
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Okay, That's my understanding as well. But, not knowing what Stevie's plans were, or when she could join them, to me, doesn't express disinterest, nor her not wanting to be a team player. Surely anyone can make a reasonable conclusion, and based on the fact that we as individuals interpret things differently, those conclusions may vary.That's why I asked the questions in my previous post. Just trying to find out if I was missing something. .When you say her reluctance is implied by lack of eagerness, that suggests to me, to be an opinion, unless you are privy to information that hasn't been made public. I agree with you that they would've liked her there with them, but her "choosing" to be elsewhere is speculative due to the fact that we don't know her schedule, contractual obligations for solo projects, etc. I'm not trying to be argumentative here, I appreciate your reply, and your opinions. When all is said and done, it's going to be very interesting to hear from FM themselves, through interviews, what and how things really went down. Until then, its all just speculation and opinions.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well said ragrsrocalot, I agree with everything you have stated. A very balanced and reasonable account of events as we know them.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragrsrocalot View Post
That's why I asked the questions in my previous post. Just trying to find out if I was missing something.
i think the only timeline for FM album we know was given in 2 interviews - Billboard interview, and then the very next day we got that audio from lindsey.

Billboard:
  • Christine said the plan is for the new album to come out in 2015
  • Lindsey said - yeah, unless there's tons of clamor, then we might revisit that by the time rehearsals start and the album may come out sooner.

day later:
  • the audio showed up in which Lindsey seemingly completely reversed what he said to Billboard, and stated that they never ever had any plans for the album to come out before the tour.

questions that remain:
  • would a date like october 2014 be before or during the tour? how about march 2015? is that during the current tour?
  • what do they consider to be a current tour? just dates released so far, or they also have 2015 dates that are still considered *this* tour?

i think it's clear that according to the newest info we have from lindsey, there will be a 2014 tour, then they are supposed to get stevie in the studio (when? jan/feb 2015?), finish the album, and get it out when? summer 2015? while on the 2nd leg of the current tour? after the 2nd leg of the current tour but before another tour in 2015/2016?

lots of unclear stuff.

the only thing that is clear is that in the course of the 2 days lindsey said 2 completely different things. so something happened in between the billboard and that radio interview? clamoring / billboard interview worked to get SN on board and promise some firm dates? anybody's guess. and i have no doubt people will keep guessing.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-16-2014, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i think the only timeline for FM album we know was given in 2 interviews - Billboard interview, and then the very next day we got that audio from lindsey.

Billboard:
  • Christine said the plan is for the new album to come out in 2015
  • Lindsey said - yeah, unless there's tons of clamor, then we might revisit that by the time rehearsals start and the album may come out sooner.

day later:
  • the audio showed up in which Lindsey seemingly completely reversed what he said to Billboard, and stated that they never ever had any plans for the album to come out before the tour.

questions that remain:
  • would a date like october 2014 be before or during the tour? how about march 2015? is that during the current tour?
  • what do they consider to be a current tour? just dates released so far, or they also have 2015 dates that are still considered *this* tour?

i think it's clear that according to the newest info we have from lindsey, there will be a 2014 tour, then they are supposed to get stevie in the studio (when? jan/feb 2015?), finish the album, and get it out when? summer 2015? while on the 2nd leg of the current tour? after the 2nd leg of the current tour but before another tour in 2015/2016?

lots of unclear stuff.

the only thing that is clear is that in the course of the 2 days lindsey said 2 completely different things. so something happened in between the billboard and that radio interview? clamoring / billboard interview worked to get SN on board and promise some firm dates? anybody's guess. and i have no doubt people will keep guessing.

Thanks for the breakdown, I appreciate it.
Total agreement
Old 05-16-2014, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
If Lindsey had quit in 1990 then he wouldn't have quit for a decade either.
huh?

If he had quit in 1989 it wouldn't have been a decade. If he quit in 1991 it wouldn't have been a decade.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's face it, they are all getting older and would love to get that album out sooner then later....only one thing is stopping them.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A few more notes of clarification:

Rolling Stone reported back in March (well before the Billboard article), that "[t]he group spent time in mid-March working on new songs, though they don't plan on releasing anything until after the world tour."

So I don't think the band ever had any plans to release something before the tour.

And at around the same time, USA Today reported:

"The timetable for new singles and an album depends in part on when Stevie Nicks rejoins her bandmates in the studio, Buckingham says.

"Stevie's been not sure how she wants to approach recording or when," he says. "Mick, John and I have cut great stuff with (producer) Mitchell Froom and now I'm producing Christine's stuff."

As far as I'm aware, no one has ever stated that Stevie was reluctant or holding out; only that she was trying to figure out how to approach recording and when. Which seems entirely consistent with her plan to knock out her solo album first.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yes, can you twist that knife a bit harder??

SN fans are happy, they are getting what they wanted for so long. i'm happy for all of you.

yet you all, instead of feeling generous in your exuberance and understanding why many FM fans, and basically all LB fans are feeling like they are getting the short end of the stick, all SN fans choose to do is twist the knife harder and deeper.
Being the huge Lindsey fan you are, you should understand that no one falls into a simple set of labels Yet your so anniment that everyone on this board has to be a fan of just one band member.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-16-2014, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Being the huge Lindsey fan you are, you should understand that no one falls into a simple set of labels Yet your so anniment that everyone on this board has to be a fan of just one band member.
i have no clue what "anniment" means.

but no, although many have clear preferences, i don't see that everyone on this board is a fan of just one band member, or just the band as a whole.

sometimes simplifying things works well to make a point, and there's no deeper meaning . depending on people's biases and moods, they can take the point of the post, or they can dissect it and make it to mean something that it was never supposed to.

either way, don't think that taking any life or philosophy lessons from LB is a good idea.

peace!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-16-2014, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Not ALL of us. I don't have a knife.
Yeah, I'm happy, but I get your frustation. This whole thing is weird the way it went down.
Well, you gotta know, mostly, it's all gone down "weird" because, Christine threw the band a surprise hook by annoucing she wanted back in the band! I really think that news was completely unexpected by Stevie (and the Band!!)

I know we all wanted the FM album sooner than later. But at least it's looking like Stevie wants to release her solo record sooner (Oct.), which means FM would probably release in 2015, which seemed most likely anyway, because the band never made any assurances that it would be sooner.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i

either way, don't think that taking any life or philosophy lessons from LB is a good idea.

peace!
I get all my philosophy from fleetwood back. I save all their quotes and arrange them by band member, to sort of create a Mac bible. The book of John is the shortest book in the bible, barely filling a whole page, but like the actual bible, I'd say the book of John is the most important. The books of Stevie and Lindsey take up 80 percent of the bible considering they never shut up. You can especially get lost in the book of Stevie. And the book of Lindsey can just flat out put you to sleep at times. I recommend skipping the cycles chapter, just keeps repeating!

disclaimer: I didn't actually do this in case anyone thinks I did

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-16-2014, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
huh?

If he had quit in 1989 it wouldn't have been a decade. If he quit in 1991 it wouldn't have been a decade.
Yes, exactly my point. I could've picked any of those years as well. Stevie was out for less than a decade simply because she quit the band later than Lindsey. They all joined back at the same time because that's when the reunion happened and the length of Stevie's absence is circumstantial not a conscious decision. This is why comparing it to Lindsey is irrelevant to this conversation. What is relevant is that they both quit and the band moved on without them.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 05-16-2014 at 11:38 AM..
Old 05-16-2014, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i have no clue what "anniment" means.

but no, although many have clear preferences, i don't see that everyone on this board is a fan of just one band member, or just the band as a whole.

sometimes simplifying things works well to make a point, and there's no deeper meaning . depending on people's biases and moods, they can take the point of the post, or they can dissect it and make it to mean something that it was never supposed to.

peace!
I'm guessing the word was intended to be "adamant"

They may be in the minority but there must be people that aren't fans of FM but they like the solo work of a specific band member...
Old 05-16-2014, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragrsrocalot View Post
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Okay, That's my understanding as well. But, not knowing what Stevie's plans were, or when she could join them, to me, doesn't express disinterest, nor her not wanting to be a team player. Surely anyone can make a reasonable conclusion, and based on the fact that we as individuals interpret things differently, those conclusions may vary.That's why I asked the questions in my previous post. Just trying to find out if I was missing something. .When you say her reluctance is implied by lack of eagerness, that suggests to me, to be an opinion, unless you are privy to information that hasn't been made public. I agree with you that they would've liked her there with them, but her "choosing" to be elsewhere is speculative due to the fact that we don't know her schedule, contractual obligations for solo projects, etc. I'm not trying to be argumentative here, I appreciate your reply, and your opinions. When all is said and done, it's going to be very interesting to hear from FM themselves, through interviews, what and how things really went down. Until then, its all just speculation and opinions.
Oh yeah, I definitely admit there is a bit of speculation on my part (that's kind of a big part of what we do here though, isn't?), but it's at least based on something. My opinion is that she is not under contractual obligation to release this album at this specific time. That opinion is based on feeling that it doesn't make much sense to me considering she's been in this contract for decades and has already taken a decade off. So I don't think she has to worry about the timing of her releases, contractually. It's possible she did it now because she really wanted to do it and she could see the FM train coming out of the station and felt pressure to get it done.

But I'm not basing my comment for the most part on her solo album. I'm basing it on the comments of the band members and her own lack of acknowledgement of the making of this album even in her FM interview when at the same time Christine and Lindsey both mentioned it and a desire to do it. And of course they've mentioned it several times since, but Stevie hasn't done many more interviews although she did have one just couple days ago. It's quite a contrast when you compare the 3 of them and their attitude. at least publicly, toward the project. And again, it's not that Stevie has expressed anything negative about it, but the others have shown genuine excitement and Stevie has yet to even acknowledge that's it's happening.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 05-16-2014 at 12:06 PM..
Old 05-16-2014, 11:58 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'm not sure the timetable of when they knew Christine wanted back in -

but I remembered this post awhile back that came out in October discussing Stevie's desire to do another solo record soon.

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2013...-nicks-is.html

So we know that Stevie has been planning this for a little while now.

Also I swear I remember reading something more recently that Stevie hinted at a couple different upcoming FM tours. Couldn't find it though.