Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default DVD-Audio

I just realized my Acura plays DVD Audios. OMG! I bought Rumours and Say You Will when released. I played it a couple of times on my sterio system which was cool. I just got back from a cruise in my car and I was blasting Destiny Rules and I'm loving it. These two discs will now live in my car forever. I only wish Tusk would have been released in this format.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My mom & dads car does as well but only when in stop mode. It recognizes that there could be video so won't show while car is in motion, but will play when in park. Is nice to hear sound in small space-LOUD. lol

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 05-04-2014, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarboSpeaks! View Post
My mom & dads car does as well but only when in stop mode. It recognizes that there could be video so won't show while car is in motion, but will play when in park. Is nice to hear sound in small space-LOUD. lol

That's odd that it only plays in stop mode.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I just realized my Acura plays DVD Audios. OMG! I bought Rumours and Say You Will when released. I played it a couple of times on my sterio system which was cool. I just got back from a cruise in my car and I was blasting Destiny Rules and I'm loving it. These two discs will now live in my car forever. I only wish Tusk would have been released in this format.
I'm going to try this now. But my car is funny. It won't even play mp3s the way my old car used to. So, I'm not hoping for the best.

Michele
Old 05-05-2014, 06:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm going to try this now. But my car is funny. It won't even play mp3s the way my old car used to. So, I'm not hoping for the best.

Michele

It has to have the DVD audio logo on the player.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:10 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
It has to have the DVD audio logo on the player.
Exactly. DVD-A is not just the standard audio soundtrack that accompanies video on a regular DVD; it's a special format that was introduced in about 2000 to support high-resolution, 5.1 audio mixes intended for audiophiles. It never really took off in the marketplace.

Most DVD-A discs will play in a standard DVD-Video player and just use a "movie standard" 5.1 mix like Dolby Digital.

I have a handful of discs and a home DVD player that supports DVD-A - hope the player lasts for a while as it's going to be difficult to find another one.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I remember when those DVD-A's came out. I went out and bought a 5.1 system just so I could listen to the Rumours one (it was released first). I couldn't really tell a difference on Say You Will, but Rumours was a revelation. Now I've somehow lost both of those discs.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I remember when those DVD-A's came out. I went out and bought a 5.1 system just so I could listen to the Rumours one (it was released first). I couldn't really tell a difference on Say You Will, but Rumours was a revelation. Now I've somehow lost both of those discs.

I have been listening to Say You Will and I noticed so much of a difference. The songs that stand out most (so far) is Thrown Down, Murrow and Miranda I haven't listened to Rumours in the car yet.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've listened to both my DVD-As at home with headphones, but it'd be great if they played in my car.

It's funny my current car is the same make and model as my old one, but the sound system is much less versatile than the old one was. I could upload music to my old one or play a memory card and I could listen to a variety of files. With this one, it will still record discs to the hard drive, but it really won't even play most of the MP3s I burn. Instead, they think since you can connect your phone to it through blue tooth, you shouldn't need to do anything else. Blah.

Michele
Old 05-06-2014, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess the car recognizes the format and doesn't want you distracted while driving. There is a screen in the front car console, so I think that's what it's about. But in park-you can play a dvd. If it were one of those fancy cars w/ TV's in back, I could see it playing while driving. Is weird.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 05-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Rumours

I'm finally done with Say You Will and now listening to Rumours. Oh Daddy is amazing. Stevie's vocals are much more prominent like on the outtake CDs. Never Going Back Again is also a stand out. I want these DVD Audios for Tusk, Mirage and Tango.