I wonder what Christine's t-shirt says.
"Made you look."

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-28-2014, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Damn, you mean to tell me that Christine beyotch is going to ruin any chance of a Buckingham Nicks reunion? You know, the one they had 15 years to do? Oh the shame. How dare they. Guess that means I can't go to another Fleetwood Mac show. Not with that Christine there.
Damn, you meant I missed all the complaining here about Chris ruining a reunion and I didn't get a chance to join in!? It must have been buried in all the happiness and joy. Oh the shame. The thing regarding a Buckingham Nicks reunion is that both SnL seem to feel a lot of that has to be with timing and with an appropriate moment and I don't think that's just hot air. Honestly, the snark seems to have come out of nowhere because I haven't seen people exactly editing her out of photographs and moaning incessantly about this potentially putting off a BN 'reunion' for even more time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Put a fork in those two already. It's so clear they get along just for show. Even Christine let it slip in her, "Tracks of My Years" interview that, Stevie and Lindsey don't get along in any other way except the business of music and music itself. Other than that, you won't see them hanging out just to be around each other.
Yawn. Well, if Christine (who didn't even mention SnL - but only Mick and John - when asked who she kept in touch with while she was in the UK) says so... I obviously don't give SnL enough credit for their frankly staggering acting skills if they're only pretending to get along for show.

And really? I would have thought people were past the spin by those two about NEVER HANGING OUT AND NEVER BEING FRIENDS. I guess work colleagues talking about both moving back to San Jose one day, or the other person being their first call when things go wrong, or a vision of the future wherein one person dies and the other is left on the bed alone is perfectly normal for people who only get along when it comes to work. They contradict themselves nearly every time they open their mouths. To be honest, their easy familiarity both physically, emotionally and verbally is enough to tell me that I can completely disregard a lot of what they say about 'oh, we sit at opposite ends of the plane!' or 'we can never be friends' (which then will get reversed when she wants to thank him for his friendship or call him her 'oldest, dearest friend'). You don't casually call someone your 'other half' or talk about said other half's children's hobbies and sporting activities on numerous occasions, or act possessively about those kids if you only occasionally see them when on tour working.

A proper example of the falsity of the 'not hanging out' thing? Besides not entirely conclusive evidence that they had a late dinner together in London (maybe with others, maybe not)?

What, Stevie, Lindsey was only at your home for the minimal two days needed to play on Soldier's Angel? Stevie, naturally, made sure to emphasise the two days thing but there were three (maybe four? more?) occasions where Lindsey mentioned more than that, or implied it at the very least. The primary example that comes to mind was that Extra video interview in 2011 promoting SWS. There’s also one where he specified it was near the end of when she was recording her album but I can’t recall which interview that was right now so these will have to suffice… I also think it’s a tad hard to swallow that in those two days Lindsey just happened to bring along his completed SWS album and they listened to that and her completed (?) IYD album back to back - as we know from the Jim Ladd interview - seeing as they were apparently concurrently recording SA, lol. I also think it’s in-character as we know he was also around at least a few times (and not just for recording the guitar for I Miss You) when she recorded TISL. And we know he taught her niece some guitar - what, that happened in the context of 'work partners doing work things'? No, they're family.

EXTRA (2011)

L: The Fleetwood Mac story is such that Stevie and I are, are, we are still working on things that you would think we would have somehow gotten through everything and there would be nothing else evolving at this point but, oddly enough, there still is. And I think there’s a sweetness to that.

I: What do you mean, still issues that you’re resolving together?

L: Well, yeah, sure. Uh, the way we’ve always gotten through - the band in general - has always gotten through its, uh, professional, uh, challenges is by creating certain distance. And I, you know, you can kind of feel that moving together. I spent a lot of time with Stevie when she was making her solo album this last year and we spent a lot of really nice quality time - I’ve known Stevie since I was in high school so, you know, it’s, uh, nice to think there might be a chapter or two left to play out.

I: Hmm.

L: Yeah.

I: Professionally?

L: Yes. Absolutely

I: You know, when I sat down with Stevie very much like this in her home when her new album came out she said this about you, she said, first of all that she loves you to death and that you’re the best of friends and she’s so happy for you and your family and wife and, she couldn’t be happier. But she said this, she said that if she, if you guys had not left San Francisco and moved to Los Angeles that you would still be together, more than likely married but that you would still be successful.

L: Mm.

I: How do you feel about that?

L: Well, that’s a nice thought. I, I, you know, it’s so hard to second guess events that have transpired and what a different road would have meant. *cut* What did happen was meant to happen the way it did and I, I, personally couldn’t be happier with the ways things have turned out.

So, yeah, unless you think ‘A LOT OF TIME’ means two days, he was there a teensy bit more, lol.

ACCESS HOLLYWOOD (also promoting SWS)

I’ve spent a good deal of time with Stevie in the last year and we’re getting along, you know, as good or better than we’ve ever gotten along and so there’s a story that’s still unfolding with Fleetwood Mac and that’s as it should be.

92ND ST. Y NEW YORK (2011)

And it’s still oddly enough - I mean, Stevie and I. You know, she has an album out as well and we spent a good deal of time together, more time than we’ve spent together in quite awhile. And, you know, I think we both realized that there are still chapters yet to be written in the Stevie and Lindsey book and after all of this time I think that’s pretty extraordinary that there is still, that we’re still working on our ****.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 03-28-2014, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
me too.. I posted about this earlier today to see if anyone else had ideas. There's 3 lines of text, and
What I can make out is:

?CY
AS
AYI
Old 03-28-2014, 12:35 AM

^^ All that really says to me is, "We get along, we get along!!" cut to two years later where one of them is saying, (usually Stevie) about how they didn't get along during the time period where they said they were most getting along, and "better than ever!!" .

Old 03-28-2014, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
I was trying to use my, "Wheel of Fortune" skills, but I've failed.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Damn, you meant I missed all the complaining here about Chris ruining a reunion and I didn't get a chance to join in!? It must have been buried in all the happiness and joy. Oh the shame. The thing regarding a Buckingham Nicks reunion is that both SnL seem to feel a lot of that has to be with timing and with an appropriate moment and I don't think that's just hot air. Honestly, the snark seems to have come out of nowhere because I haven't seen people exactly editing her out of photographs and moaning incessantly about this potentially putting off a BN 'reunion' for even more time.

Yawn. Well, if Christine (who didn't even mention SnL - but only Mick and John - when asked who she kept in touch with while she was in the UK) says so... I obviously don't give SnL enough credit for their frankly staggering acting skills if they're only pretending to get along for show.

And really? I would have thought people were past the spin by those two about NEVER HANGING OUT AND NEVER BEING FRIENDS. I guess work colleagues talking about both moving back to San Jose one day, or the other person being their first call when things go wrong, or a vision of the future wherein one person dies and the other is left on the bed alone is perfectly normal for people who only get along when it comes to work. They contradict themselves nearly every time they open their mouths. To be honest, their easy familiarity both physically, emotionally and verbally is enough to tell me that I can completely disregard a lot of what they say about 'oh, we sit at opposite ends of the plane!' or 'we can never be friends' (which then will get reversed when she wants to thank him for his friendship or call him her 'oldest, dearest friend'). You don't casually call someone your 'other half' or talk about said other half's children's hobbies and sporting activities on numerous occasions, or act possessively about those kids if you only occasionally see them when on tour working.

A proper example of the falsity of the 'not hanging out' thing? Besides not entirely conclusive evidence that they had a late dinner together in London (maybe with others, maybe not)?

What, Stevie, Lindsey was only at your home for the minimal two days needed to play on Soldier's Angel? Stevie, naturally, made sure to emphasise the two days thing but there were three (maybe four? more?) occasions where Lindsey mentioned more than that, or implied it at the very least. The primary example that comes to mind was that Extra video interview in 2011 promoting SWS. There’s also one where he specified it was near the end of when she was recording her album but I can’t recall which interview that was right now so these will have to suffice… I also think it’s a tad hard to swallow that in those two days Lindsey just happened to bring along his completed SWS album and they listened to that and her completed (?) IYD album back to back - as we know from the Jim Ladd interview - seeing as they were apparently concurrently recording SA, lol. I also think it’s in-character as we know he was also around at least a few times (and not just for recording the guitar for I Miss You) when she recorded TISL. And we know he taught her niece some guitar - what, that happened in the context of 'work partners doing work things'? No, they're family.

EXTRA (2011)

L: The Fleetwood Mac story is such that Stevie and I are, are, we are still working on things that you would think we would have somehow gotten through everything and there would be nothing else evolving at this point but, oddly enough, there still is. And I think there’s a sweetness to that.

I: What do you mean, still issues that you’re resolving together?

L: Well, yeah, sure. Uh, the way we’ve always gotten through - the band in general - has always gotten through its, uh, professional, uh, challenges is by creating certain distance. And I, you know, you can kind of feel that moving together. I spent a lot of time with Stevie when she was making her solo album this last year and we spent a lot of really nice quality time - I’ve known Stevie since I was in high school so, you know, it’s, uh, nice to think there might be a chapter or two left to play out.

I: Hmm.

L: Yeah.

I: Professionally?

L: Yes. Absolutely

I: You know, when I sat down with Stevie very much like this in her home when her new album came out she said this about you, she said, first of all that she loves you to death and that you’re the best of friends and she’s so happy for you and your family and wife and, she couldn’t be happier. But she said this, she said that if she, if you guys had not left San Francisco and moved to Los Angeles that you would still be together, more than likely married but that you would still be successful.

L: Mm.

I: How do you feel about that?

L: Well, that’s a nice thought. I, I, you know, it’s so hard to second guess events that have transpired and what a different road would have meant. *cut* What did happen was meant to happen the way it did and I, I, personally couldn’t be happier with the ways things have turned out.

So, yeah, unless you think ‘A LOT OF TIME’ means two days, he was there a teensy bit more, lol.

ACCESS HOLLYWOOD (also promoting SWS)

I’ve spent a good deal of time with Stevie in the last year and we’re getting along, you know, as good or better than we’ve ever gotten along and so there’s a story that’s still unfolding with Fleetwood Mac and that’s as it should be.

92ND ST. Y NEW YORK (2011)

And it’s still oddly enough - I mean, Stevie and I. You know, she has an album out as well and we spent a good deal of time together, more time than we’ve spent together in quite awhile. And, you know, I think we both realized that there are still chapters yet to be written in the Stevie and Lindsey book and after all of this time I think that’s pretty extraordinary that there is still, that we’re still working on our ****.
well, given that Stevie had claimed previously that Lindsey had never been to her house, the fact that he was there for even two days really would qualify as spending "quite a bit of time together"

I just don't buy that they hang out. They work together. And I'm fine with that. Soooooooo many bands end up sick of each other after so many years and just don't hang out outside of work much if at all. I'm not bothered by this. It doesn't offend me. I don't think Stevie and Lindsey will/want/should be back together in any way other than they are but that's just me.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
The thing regarding a Buckingham Nicks reunion is that both SnL seem to feel a lot of that has to be with timing and with an appropriate moment and I don't think that's just hot air.
Hey, want some pixie dust with that?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-28-2014, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
^^ All that really says to me is, "We get along, we get along!!" cut to two years later where one of them is saying, (usually Stevie) about how they didn't get along during the time period where they said they were most getting along, and "better than ever!!" .

Haha. Okay then. What the 'we don't get along, we don't get along!' tells me is that they blatantly (and successfully) attempt to distance themselves - publicly, at least - during non-FM-work times and then use that to build the patented 'we fought then we had a talk then we reconciled and now this tour will be the best evah!' story. I don't buy it, frankly, as I know you don't buy my version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
well, given that Stevie had claimed previously that Lindsey had never been to her house, the fact that he was there for even two days really would qualify as spending "quite a bit of time together"

I just don't buy that they hang out. They work together. And I'm fine with that. Soooooooo many bands end up sick of each other after so many years and just don't hang out outside of work much if at all. I'm not bothered by this. It doesn't offend me. I don't think Stevie and Lindsey will/want/should be back together in any way other than they are but that's just me.
Yes, well, Stevie claims a lot of things that aren't true and omits to tell the truth about other things so that doesn't hold a lot of sway for me. She also swore in that 2009 Don't Stop documentary she'd never been to his house, right? How was she able around that same time to talk about his son Will sitting quietly in the corner with Dad at home with the girls running the show? Either she'd been there herself or talked about it with Lindsey. I don't buy that the woman who so vehemantly said when Leelee was young that 'I feel like she's mine too' and 'I insist on being part of her life' (and latterly, 'I get them too) is never going to spend any non-work time with one of the people she's known since she was a teenager and who she labels her 'partner in crime' and who doesn't even live far away from her. Either way, the idea that they only interact when it comes time to record or tour is ridiculous to me. And nah, I really can't see Lindsey - him of the specific word choice - saying 'A LOT' and 'A GOOD DEAL' when he means two days out of three hundred and sixty five.

Look, I'm not really that bothered if they want to bang on about never hanging out (except when it suits them to like in the early 00s when Stevie talked about being able to do so and how lovely that was, and Lindsey talked about her and Kristen being friends, LOL) but I just don't buy it myself, based on their history, their lyrics and their current interactions. And I agree and I'm sure they're quite content with their level of togetherness, whatever that is. When Stevie stops letting slip about talking recently to Lindsey on the phone, or when she doesn't give enjoyable quotes about them acting like girls and going off on two hours gab sessions instead of working (or similarly, spending most of their days in Lindsey's bunker reminiscing and laughing and crying) then I may be more convinced their relationship really is limited to the 'colleagues who fight more often than not and never hang out' line.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 03-28-2014, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Hey, want some pixie dust with that?
Angel dust (except not the actual stuff...), please. More appropriate, naturally.

I hold to it. I think appropriate timing (emotionally and in linear terms) is especially important to Lindsey and he's talked about it before - both in terms of Buckingham Nicks, and in terms of releasing/performing songs like Say Goodbye. I don't think Buckingham Nicks - either professionally or personally - is a done deal and I know plenty don't agree. That's cool.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Thank you, Brandon!
It was the uncropped version that I was referring to, in wanting to find a higher resolution -- but I can look at this pic again & again.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's been little-noticed that at 16 years, the Nicks-Buckingham-Fleetwood-JMcVie line up was in fact the longest-lasting of all the iterations of the band. I suppose they didn't actually do anything until the White House gig in 2000 (or was it Jan 2001) but there you go. Onwards and Upwards!
Old 03-28-2014, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Wonder if this is the big Mediterranean place Mick and Christine are renting?
I bet it is. It looks pretty grand. Good for them.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I bet it is. It looks pretty grand. Good for them.
It really is beautiful, I'm impressed.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:34 PM
Registered

Default Newsday #1

Christine McVie rejoins Fleetwood Mac, tour set

Thursday March 27, 2014 10:04 AM By Glenn Gamboa

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment...-set-1.7520790

The Mac is back!
Yes, Fleetwood Mac returned to a regular touring schedule years ago, but its upcoming shows are extra special because Christine McVie is back from retirement.

The “On With the Show” tour, which starts Sept. 30 in Minneapolis and includes an Oct. 6 show at Madison Square Garden and Oct. 11 at Prudential Center, will be Christine McVie’s first tour with the band since 1998’s “The Dance” tour.

She said the idea for a return came after joining the band for its London show at the O2 Arena last year. “It was so comfortable being back onstage with them as if no time had passed, and then we all started talking and it feels like the time is right,” McVie said in a statement. “I’m really happy.”
The rest of Fleetwood Mac -- singer Stevie Nicks, guitarist/singer Lindsey Buckingham, drummer Mick Fleetwood and bassist John McVie -- have publicly and privately wished for Christine McVie’s return since her exit due to a fear of flying.

“As far as we’re concerned, she’s never really left,” the band said in a joint statement. “We are overjoyed to have Christine back on stage with us.”
Tickets go on sale April 7 at 10 a.m. through Live Nation. American Express cardholders can start purchasing pre-sale tickets on March 31 at 10 a.m.