Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petercorbasson View Post
Did you ever sing, even just for fun?

I did make a solo album in my house when I was there. And because I was just afraid of flying, I wouldn’t promote it and I wouldn’t tour. Actually, it wasn’t a very good album anyway — it got buried underneath the pits of Hell, I suppose [laughs]
Did this catch anyone else off guard? I thought In The Meantime was great! Of her 3 solo albums, it's the best in my opinion. My other half, who isn't really a Mac fan, even breaks out In The Meantime occasionally.

I've also gotta say, this Rolling Stone interview with Chris is one of the most refreshing I've ever seen of a Mac member. They poked & prodded her like a true fan would. Made her dig into her thoughts & feelings more deeply if they got a broad answer to a particular question. I love it!
Old 03-27-2014, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm overwhelmed by all of this. I'm so, so happy.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Did this catch anyone else off guard? I thought In The Meantime was great! Of her 3 solo albums, it's the best in my opinion. My other half, who isn't really a Mac fan, even breaks out In The Meantime occasionally.

I've also gotta say, this Rolling Stone interview with Chris is one of the most refreshing I've ever seen of a Mac member. They poked & prodded her like a true fan would. Made her dig into her thoughts & feelings more deeply if they got a broad answer to a particular question. I love it!

Agreed! One of the best interviews and asking all the smart questions.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petercorbasson View Post
What music are you recording now?
We’re really running through some demos that I sent Lindsey. My demos are rough, [but] we’re just trying to construct some proper tracks from them and the chemistry is magic.
I'll hold my breath, but not for very long. At least there is *something* resembling a confirmation of a new album. Heck, at this point I don't even care if Stevie is 'ready' or 'unsure'. Record the damn thing without her and let her sort her issues out on her own.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 03-27-2014, 04:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
Any chance you'll do Rumours straight though at some point?

That’s a concept. I think we probably did think about doing it for a special gig
somewhere. Who knows? That's something certainly to think about.

She'd better be joking or I'm going to puke. LOL

They already DO 99.9% of Rumours out of order.....FRIG OFF!!!
Why don't they get asked when they'll play Tusk straight through . This has actually been a trend in recent years for bands to do this. I was pretty happy a couple years back when Weezer played their big Blue Album all the way through, and then their more cult Pinkerton the next night. You could choose which show to go to as well. It was awesome. I doubt the Mac would do something like that though.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilsrain View Post
Why don't they get asked when they'll play Tusk straight through
Or Tango! Or, the 'new' album.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 03-27-2014, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Did this catch anyone else off guard? I thought In The Meantime was great! Of her 3 solo albums, it's the best in my opinion. :
No I wasn't surprised. I agreed. Michele
Old 03-27-2014, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilsrain View Post
Why don't they get asked when they'll play Tusk straight through . This has actually been a trend in recent years for bands to do this. I was pretty happy a couple years back when Weezer played their big Blue Album all the way through, and then their more cult Pinkerton the next night. You could choose which show to go to as well. It was awesome. I doubt the Mac would do something like that though.
I would think because the general public is all about Rumours. Every time I come in contact with causal Mac fans IRL, they always rave about the songs on Rumours or Landslide/Rhiannon. There are some Tusk songs that are mentioned (Tusk and Sara), but I don't hear the album mentioned as a favorite like Rumours or even The White album. Coming here was such a joy because I saw so much love and appreciation for Tusk. That was pretty cool what Weezer did though. I wish FM would consider it, but I doubt it.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:15 PM
Registered

http://www.foxnews.com/fleetwoodmacdoesn'tstinkanymore/

NEW YORK – The McVie's are going back on the road with Fleetwood Mac.

The band announced a 33-city North American tour Thursday. It's the first set of shows since they canceled performances last year as bassist John McVie was being treated for cancer.

The tour also marks Christine McVie officially rejoining the band since 1997's "The Dance" tour.

The "On With the Show" tour will kick off Sept. 30 in Minneapolis and wrap up Dec. 20 in Tampa, Florida. Tickets go on sale April 7.

The band also includes Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham.

Fleetwood Mac canceled 14 shows in Australia and New Zealand during John McVie's treatment. The band spokeswoman didn't specify the type of cancer.

Christine McVie joined Fleetwood Mac for two shows in London last year.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

New York Daily News, by Margaret Eby, March 27, 2014

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1736526

Fleetwood Mac announces new tour with Christine McVie 16 years after she quit the band

The prodigal member of the rock group has returned for the On With the Show Tour, kicking off this September.

So much for never coming back again.

Christine McVie has officially returned to Fleetwood Mac 16 years after splitting from the group.

The group announced Tuesday that McVie would be joining Fleetwood for a 33-city tour kicking off in September.

McVie joined bandmates Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks to break the news on the "Today" show.

McVie first made moves towards coming back to the rock group in 2013, when she joined Fleetwood for a rendition of "Don't Stop" at a show in London.

"It was so comfortable being back onstage with them as if no time had passed, and then we all started talking and it feels like the time is right. I'm really happy," McVie said in a statement.

"As far as we're concerned, she's never really left," the other members said in a joint statement. "We are overjoyed to have Christine back on stage with us."

The first show featuring the reunited group will be in Minneapolis on September 30. They'll wrap up the tour in Tampa, Fla. In late December.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:

She always downplays her solo career. It's a great album and I've been listening to it a lot.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Gothamist

http://gothamist.com/2014/03/27/flee...tine_mcvie.php

Fleetwood Mac, With Christine McVie, Returns To The Stage

They've made it official, again: Fleetwood Mac has announced that Christine McVie is back in the band, and they'll be touring later this year. From their newsletter sent out this morning:

"After a 16-year absence, Christine McVie will be re-joining Fleetwood Mac band mates Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks as they launch the On With The Show tour. The tour will kick off on Tuesday, September 30th in Minneapolis, and the reunited band will perform 34 shows in 33 cities across North America."

This will almost definitely be a one-and-done tour for the returning McVie, so it's probably the last time anyone will ever be able to see the original Fleetwood Mac lineup together. Maybe you want to get tickets? They go on sale to the general public Monday, April 7th... but American Express card members can purchase them starting this Monday, March 31st, at 10 a.m. They'll be playing MSG on October 6th, and there's a nice window on either side of that date to add more NYC shows.

Rolling Stone has an interview with McVie—she told them, "About two years ago I started to think, 'What am I doing? I really miss that camaraderie with those four people. I miss everything about it.' I missed the music, to be able to create again. I couldn’t imagine doing it with anyone besides Fleetwood Mac. I knew that they were my musical family." McVie had left the band in 1998 to start a new life in the countryside of England, where she told the magazine she made one album—"it wasn’t a very good album... it got buried underneath the pits of Hell, I suppose." She also returned to the stage with her old bandmates one night last September, but other than that it sounds like music has not been a big part of her life since leaving the band.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:00 PM
Registered

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/fleetwoodmacgoodagain.html

EDMONTON - It’s official: Christine McVie is back with Fleetwood Mac and they’re heading out on tour, including a stop in Edmonton.

After a 16-year absence, McVie will rejoin Fleetwood Mac on their On With The Show Tour, which will stop at Rexall Place Saturday, Nov. 15.

So what does this mean for Fleetwood Mac fans? The band was just here last May, so is it worth paying big bucks to see them again?

In a word, yes.

If there was ever one band that simply couldn’t work as well without the original component members, it’s Fleetwood Mac.

By original, that means the version that came together in 1976, when the rhythm section of Mick Fleetwood and John and Christine McVie were joined by guitarist Lindsey Buckingham and singer Stevie Nicks. The 10 years previous had seen the band defined by blues and hard rock guitarist figureheads, but the new Fleetwood Mac moved from strength to strength, and each member was as important as the other.

When Nicks and Buckingham moved the focus to a more California pop sound, Christine McVie began bringing in songs that were equally impressive. They had three talented, distinctive singers and songwriters, and a seemingly unending supply of perfect pop miracle songs. For just over a decade, they were able to parlay that into huge commercial success, until internal pressures caused the first ruptures, and eventual breakup.

Chrstine McVie’s departure from the band in 1998 brought into focus just how special that lineup really was. While their reunion tours have been fun affairs, the band really does miss those smoky vocals and it’s impossible to ignore the gap left by the absence of many of McVie’s songs.

Now that the band has announced her return, we’ll finally get to hear some of Christine McVie’s songs again, live in concert. (Tickets go on sale Monday, April 7 through Ticketmaster and livenation.com. Prices range from $69.50 to $199.50.)

Here are five songs that we can hopefully look forward to hearing at their show at Rexall:

Say You Love Me: When Christine McVie brought Say You Love Me (from the Self-Titled album) to the newly reconstituted version of the band (after Buckingham and Nicks joined), she was commenting on her relationship with husband and band bassist John McVie. It took on deeper meaning as that relationship disintegrated. When Buckingham and Nicks took it over after Christine McVie’s initial retirement, it made just as much sense, considering their own up and down battles.

You Make Loving Fun (Rumours): This song had to have been a nasty musical thorn under John McVie’s skin, since it was a straightforward recounting of his soon-to-be-ex-wife’s affair with the band’s lighting director. If ever there was proof that turmoil makes for the best music, this was it.

Little Lies: The Tango in the Night album was a hit-and-miss affair in the late ’80s, but Little Lies stuck out as a piece of perfect songwriting, and was their last significant chart moment. The band might not have been at each other’s throats anymore, but Christine McVie could still summon the same heartbreak spell when needed.

Don’t Stop: This song, off Rumours, came from the same well as many of McVie’s other songs from that period, reflecting as much on her time with John as with her decision to put the past behind her. It worked so well that the song was picked up as an anthem by many people, not just at the time, but years later when U.S. President Bill Clinton made it part of his political campaigns. This was one song that the Fleetwood Mac couldn’t completely shove aside when McVie retired; Nicks felt compelled to sing it at a 65th birthday celebration for Clinton a few years back.

Think About Me: The people at the Warner label were likely appalled when they were handed the album Tusk by the band in 1979. After Rumours, with all of its Top 10 singles, the double album was too weird, too abstract, and far too uncommercial. The singles Sara and the title track got respectable radio play, and McVie’s Think About Me even made it into the higher reaches of the charts. The band tends to gloss over most of the album when on tour, but this is one song that deserves to be brought back for the reunion with McVie.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The Gothamist

http://gothamist.com/2014/03/27/flee...tine_mcvie.php

Fleetwood Mac, With Christine McVie, Returns To The Stage

They've made it official, again: Fleetwood Mac has announced that Christine McVie is back in the band, and they'll be touring later this year. From their newsletter sent out this morning:

"After a 16-year absence, Christine McVie will be re-joining Fleetwood Mac band mates Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks as they launch the On With The Show tour. The tour will kick off on Tuesday, September 30th in Minneapolis, and the reunited band will perform 34 shows in 33 cities across North America."

This will almost definitely be a one-and-done tour for the returning McVie, so it's probably the last time anyone will ever be able to see the original Fleetwood Mac lineup together. Maybe you want to get tickets? They go on sale to the general public Monday, April 7th... but American Express card members can purchase them starting this Monday, March 31st, at 10 a.m. They'll be playing MSG on October 6th, and there's a nice window on either side of that date to add more NYC shows.

Rolling Stone has an interview with McVie—she told them, "About two years ago I started to think, 'What am I doing? I really miss that camaraderie with those four people. I miss everything about it.' I missed the music, to be able to create again. I couldn’t imagine doing it with anyone besides Fleetwood Mac. I knew that they were my musical family." McVie had left the band in 1998 to start a new life in the countryside of England, where she told the magazine she made one album—"it wasn’t a very good album... it got buried underneath the pits of Hell, I suppose." She also returned to the stage with her old bandmates one night last September, but other than that it sounds like music has not been a big part of her life since leaving the band.
BOO!!! Eff your sh*tty blog.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-27-2014, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
BOO!!! Eff your sh*tty blog.
They basically said they were thinking longterm, not short term, so I don't know where the one and done idea comes from. Michele