User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by aleuzzi:
Unhappy that it appears the upcoming tour will not feature new songs, which are being "saved" for next year's international tour. Ugh!
All the more reason for not touring this year. I hate to say it, but I think a projected release date of Spring 2015 for the Mac album is more than wishful thinking. I'm assuming there are no plans for the band to reconvene in the studio until January 2015 (at the earliest), at which time Stevie's tracks will need to be recorded from scratch. Christine's songs also need to be completed and perhaps Lindsey might have something new to add by then. Stevie also needs to add harmony vocals to Lindsey's and Christine's material. That does not allow a lot of time, given the way this band works. Remember, the eight songs recently recorded by Christine and Lindsey are not finished and I suspect post-production could be a lengthy process.
I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I think we'll be lucky if the album gets released before the end of 2015.
PS I know this seems unlikely, but if Stevie was open to work-shopping her songs with Lindsey and Christine during the tour, this might allow for speedier results in the studio next year. If this occurred, then it's conceivable that the album could be issued mid-2015. I wonder...
Old 05-22-2014, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's so funny to me. Maybe they don't realize the words coming out of their mouths. lol

I care about Stevie from a distance cracked me up, too.
I wonder if Stevie has gotten wind of these comments yet.I can only imagine how pissed she'll be when she does.But it's fair game-Stevie has made several comments about L & C recently like she wanted to show Lindsey how well she and DS get along during the making of an album and that she begged Chris so many times to come back and she wouldn't but now she wants to and it's not the way it used to be blah blah blah.As usual drama,drama,drama.The being able to concentrate without Stevie there comment is really going to bite her in the ass.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Did this catch anyone else off guard? I thought In The Meantime was great! Of her 3 solo albums, it's the best in my opinion. My other half, who isn't really a Mac fan, even breaks out In The Meantime occasionally.

I've also gotta say, this Rolling Stone interview with Chris is one of the most refreshing I've ever seen of a Mac member. They poked & prodded her like a true fan would. Made her dig into her thoughts & feelings more deeply if they got a broad answer to a particular question. I love it!
I feel exactly the same. It was a great interview. Kudos to the interviewer for asking the perfect questions. Christine is so straight forward, honest and articulate. And that posted picture of her made me so happy; she looks amazing! I didn't realize how much I missed her until now.

I love hearing that she holds such reverence for her fellow band members, and recognizes the chemisty they generate together. Her relationships with them seem as strong as ever.

She has never given much praise to herself in regard to her solo albums. She has referred to her first album (pre-rumours era) as rubish. She's been indifferent to her self-titled 1984 album, and now she's dismissing her last album. Unlike Stevie or Lindsey, she just doesn't have the constitution to be fufilled as a solo artist.

The more I hear from her, the more excited I get for the next chapter in the band. I hope the new album reaches the quality and artistic level of their output from 1975-1979.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 05-24-2014 at 03:30 PM..
Old 05-25-2014, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssmith View Post
Congrats to both Stevie and Christine for the awards they got this week! I bet Lindsey is pissed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I bet he's proud of his ladies..
Hahaha. You two crack me up. And the fact that these 2 posts were back to back made it even more funnier to me.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I get the feeling Lindsey's emotional about Stevie preferring to work with Dave on her stuff instead of him. Stevie wants to do it her way and Lindsey, in his head, thinks that as a professional, he should be fine with that- but it may be that he can't help it; there's so much history there, so much that's gone on. I think he will just be forever emotionally tied up with her. I think this kind of thing is exactly what he means when he talks about the "politics" which he says are directly related to their personal past. He's been the one in recent years that would have loved to do the BN thing, work on songs from the ground up w/her, etc. I just think he's honestly hurt by this. I think a lot of his comments make sense in that context.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickney723 View Post
I get the feeling Lindsey's emotional about Stevie preferring to work with Dave on her stuff instead of him. Stevie wants to do it her way and Lindsey, in his head, thinks that as a professional, he should be fine with that- but it may be that he can't help it; there's so much history there, so much that's gone on. I think he will just be forever emotionally tied up with her. I think this kind of thing is exactly what he means when he talks about the "politics" which he says are directly related to their personal past. He's been the one in recent years that would have loved to do the BN thing, work on songs from the ground up w/her, etc. I just think he's honestly hurt by this. I think a lot of his comments make sense in that context.
We don't know if Stevie will insist on working with Dave on her FM stuff.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickney723 View Post
Michele always says that when he says band politics, he means Stevie.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine is just saying that without Stevie there they can concentrate on "co-writing". I don't take it as a diss.

I'm glad they are clarifying that Stevie WILL be a large part of this album. I guess right that the album will be before the international tour. It's going to be a year to wait for the album A long year!!!