Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Exclamation The Dance Tour

I've been looking around for videos from the Dance tour, but there is very little on You Tube, etc.. Is there just not much available?
Old 08-20-2013, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As far as I know, in addition to the DVD there are bootleg videos of:

Uniondale
Pittsburgh
Camden
East Rutherford
Minnesota
St. Louis
Albany
New York
Landover

They aren't especially good quality though.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks, Michelle! I have the Landower show, lousy quality tho, as you said. I've looked for the Vh1 All Access Fleetwood Mac recording, SYW, but can't find it. Do you know if that is available?
Old 08-21-2013, 01:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
Thanks, Michelle! I have the Landower show, lousy quality tho, as you said. I've looked for the Vh1 All Access Fleetwood Mac recording, SYW, but can't find it. Do you know if that is available?
I uploaded the VH1 All Access thing awhile ago if that's what you're looking for:

http://buckinghamnicks-ff.tumblr.com...hs-masterclass

Old 08-21-2013, 01:52 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thank you soooooooo much! Nicole? Been wanting both for awhile!
Old 08-21-2013, 03:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've been looking around for videos from the Dance tour, but there is very little on You Tube, etc.. Is there just not much available?
There is not much available as people have commented earlier, apart from the official DVD release which is very cool! Don't Stop with a brass section! Accordion on Tusk. Slow piano intro to Rhiannon. Banjo intro to Say You Love Me with John McVie "actually singing" [backing vocals]. Plus Temporary One, Bleed to Love Her, My Little Demon, Sweet Girl, Silver Springs (new addition to tour setlists debuted onstage in 1997).

The CD is missing five songs that are on the DVD. And is also missing the video which unless you are legally blind I am sure will be of great value to you!

Stevie looked beautiful in 1997. And so did Chris. Just gorgeous...who knew she was going to retire so soon after?

But yeah, sorry, unfortunately the reason why bootleg videos are so lacking for the 1997 The Dance Tour is probably because the Internet was not as widely available back then as it is now, as you would know, YouTube probably did not exist in 1997. So any video you recorded would have to be saved on to a video cassette or DVD during that era, I think. Then shared with friends that way. The Internet as I remember only really took off about ten years ago in Australia when it became so omniscient, ever present. It existed before that but was dial-up mainly and very slow. I first accessed the Internet in 2002.

Anyway, I could get nostalgic but hey that's life.

James
Old 08-21-2013, 10:32 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
There is not much available as people have commented earlier, apart from the official DVD release which is very cool! Don't Stop with a brass section! Accordion on Tusk. Slow piano intro to Rhiannon. Banjo intro to Say You Love Me with John McVie "actually singing" [backing vocals]. Plus Temporary One, Bleed to Love Her, My Little Demon, Sweet Girl, Silver Springs (new addition to tour setlists debuted onstage in 1997).

The CD is missing five songs that are on the DVD. And is also missing the video which unless you are legally blind I am sure will be of great value to you!

Stevie looked beautiful in 1997. And so did Chris. Just gorgeous...who knew she was going to retire so soon after?

But yeah, sorry, unfortunately the reason why bootleg videos are so lacking for the 1997 The Dance Tour is probably because the Internet was not as widely available back then as it is now, as you would know, YouTube probably did not exist in 1997. So any video you recorded would have to be saved on to a video cassette or DVD during that era, I think. Then shared with friends that way. The Internet as I remember only really took off about ten years ago in Australia when it became so omniscient, ever present. It existed before that but was dial-up mainly and very slow. I first accessed the Internet in 2002.

Anyway, I could get nostalgic but hey that's life.

James
Hey, James! Yeah, I thought as much when I starting searching to play catch up! I LOVE THe Dance video, cd, show, etc. and i remember how highly anticipated the show was in '97. When I sat down to FINALLY watch The Dance premiere after seeing a snippet here or there, so excited that it would be hard to put into words and then saw how good they all looked and sounded, I actually cried and I'm not a crier!

They were truly a sight for sore eyes! Stevie was so beautiful, strong and vulnerable at the same time. Christine was so tender with John and Lindsey got a reminder of the old Stevie...I think her intensity filming that show was a surprise even for him! And, Mick was in heaven!!!!!

In the past couple months, I've devoured everything I can get my hands on since The Dance...what's up with ALL the rumours of something going on romantically between Stevie and Lindsey over the years, I thought there was nothing between them. Rumours from the 80's, The Dance tour, SYW, Enchanted???? Some producer telling a story about S&L seeing each other? Who and what story? What the hellio? Anyone willing to fill me in....I just HAD to ask!!!!! Am I a shipper for wanting to know, lol? Nostalgic about this group, oh yeah!!!!!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

YouTube launched, I believe, in 2005. DVD debuted in 1997 so I doubt there were recordable DVDs yet. Funny, I first had high speed Internet in 2001, but was using dial up for nearly a decade before that probably.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:49 AM
Desiree
This message has been deleted by Desiree.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
I uploaded the VH1 All Access thing awhile ago if that's what you're looking for:

http://buckinghamnicks-ff.tumblr.com...hs-masterclass

Thank you!!
Old 08-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Thank you!!
That is the first time I think I've ever seen Stevie kiss Lindsey...nice kiss, too! Lindsey does lots of top of the head kisses and neck nuzzles (I'm a sucker for the way he does THAT, just turns his head inward and sinks in...ahhhh), he gives great full body hugs, too! Love a man who so obviously know his way around a woman...
Old 08-22-2013, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey, James! Yeah, I thought as much when I starting searching to play catch up! I LOVE THe Dance video, cd, show, etc. and i remember how highly anticipated the show was in '97. When I sat down to FINALLY watch The Dance premiere after seeing a snippet here or there, so excited that it would be hard to put into words and then saw how good they all looked and sounded, I actually cried and I'm not a crier!

They were truly a sight for sore eyes! Stevie was so beautiful, strong and vulnerable at the same time. Christine was so tender with John and Lindsey got a reminder of the old Stevie...I think her intensity filming that show was a surprise even for him! And, Mick was in heaven!!!!!

In the past couple months, I've devoured everything I can get my hands on since The Dance...what's up with ALL the rumours of something going on romantically between Stevie and Lindsey over the years, I thought there was nothing between them. Rumours from the 80's, The Dance tour, SYW, Enchanted???? Some producer telling a story about S&L seeing each other? Who and what story? What the hellio? Anyone willing to fill me in....I just HAD to ask!!!!! Am I a shipper for wanting to know, lol? Nostalgic about this group, oh yeah!!!!!
Listen to Thrown Down, then listen to Bleed to Love Her, then listen to Everybody Finds Out, then listen to Steal Your Heart Away in that order and tell me what you think.

I have my personal opinion or idea about the BN relationship but I don't want to spoil your discoveries\

ETA: SPOILER - some more Rumours:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
Stevie Nicks is a very mature woman these days - she is very focussed on her careers, friends and family. She has a brother and a niece, I think a nephew too though I'm not sure and I don't want you to take my understanding as Gospel
Lindsey Buckingham is also very family-focussed with a wife and three kids
In 2013, there is not any romantic love between Stevie and Lindsey, and I know this to be true because they have stated so in no uncertain terms. Such as the song "Say Goodbye" was Lindsey's way of saying goodbye when he finally accepted you know around 1997 when he started writing it, that there would never be any more romances between him and his high school sweetheart - but that they could still be friends.
In 1997, there are "rumours" that Stevie and Lindsey engaged in an affair, or at the very least, were interested in each other romantically again, but did not engage in...sex. They have never been shy about telling each other how they really feel. The result is at least 10 of the songs off Say You Will are self-indulgent stories about their own lives with each other: Thrown Down, Red Rover, Bleed to Love Her, Steal Your Heart Away, Everybody Finds Out, Smile at You (written in 1982), Say Goodbye. Goodbye Baby I highly doubt has anything to do with Lindsey. It was written around 1976 I have read on the YouTube video comments of the "infamous demo" of Goodbye Baby during which Stevie says, "Feck!"

The problem with Goodbye Baby is many people seem to assume it's about Lindsey though I highly doubt it is from listening to the lyrics closely it seems to be either about her and Mick, or more likely, about the loss of a child due to miscarriage.

Anyway. I would say their romance truly ended in 1997. That is not to say they were having sex from 1977-1997. Not at all. But they still felt love for each other it would seem, and even though Stevie chose to leave the relationship, she was continuously forced to face up to working with her ex-boyfriend of 8-10 years. As was Lindsey, for his ex girlfriend. So they never had any closure until The Dance when they finally and ultimately accepted that it was over and they would never ever be together. That is just how I understand their relationship. I have not had the fortune of meeting Stevie or Lindsey, and the problem is if you meet both, they give completely different answers to your questions: as has become clear in Rolling Stone interviews and other media of late, 2012 and 2013.

If Stevie is sleeping with anyone at the moment my guess would be Dave Stewart, but my real opinion is that she is currently single and working her arse off to be taken seriously as a singer into her 60s, 70s and 80s for as long as she lives. That's why she has a voice coach. And Lindsey loves his work too. But I'm sure he adores Kirsten and the kids.

Last edited by secret love; 08-22-2013 at 06:02 PM..
Old 08-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That is just how I understand their relationship. I have not had the fortune of meeting Stevie or Lindsey, and the problem is if you meet both, they give completely different answers to your questions: as has become clear in Rolling Stone interviews and other media of late, 2012 and 2013.If Stevie is sleeping with anyone at the moment my guess would be Dave Stewart
When you meet Stevie and Lindsey, are you going to ask them if they were still sleeping together as late as 1997?
Old 08-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Listen to Thrown Down, then listen to Bleed to Love Her, then listen to Everybody Finds Out, then listen to Steal Your Heart Away in that order and tell me what you think.
I would also suggest listening to Fall From Grace, which is also confirmed to be about Lindsey and written circa The Dance/post-Dance. And Cast Away Dreams which is one which I find extremely fascinating. Also, Destiny Rules which is a favourite, if only for the joy/misery I find in both of them clinging to 'destiny' and 'fate' as justification for why things are the way they are. And My Heart/You May Be The One if we're focusing in on the Dance through SYW period. There's others too but I think those first two tell an interesting story and the latter two are interesting in terms of emotional 'residue' as Lindsey would say.

Quote:
In 2013, there is not any romantic love between Stevie and Lindsey, and I know this to be true because they have stated so in no uncertain terms. Such as the song "Say Goodbye" was Lindsey's way of saying goodbye when he finally accepted you know around 1997 when he started writing it, that there would never be any more romances between him and his high school sweetheart - but that they could still be friends.
As Lindsey said, yes - but there are other kinds of love to be had. They state plenty of things in no uncertain terms, however, that I don't always believe. Ah, Say Goodbye seems to be the song of everchanging meaning. In SYW/Soundstage era he said it was actually written just after taking leave of the band in 1987. At the beginning of this tour he used the recording date as the writing date and said it had more to do with closure. In the latter part of the last leg, it seems to have evolved and become about "acceptance, faith and resolve for the future". Whatever that means... Also, not quite sure he 'accepted' it quite that simply at that point in time.

Quote:
Goodbye Baby I highly doubt has anything to do with Lindsey. It was written around 1976 I have read on the YouTube video comments of the "infamous demo" of Goodbye Baby during which Stevie says, "Feck!"

The problem with Goodbye Baby is many people seem to assume it's about Lindsey though I highly doubt it is from listening to the lyrics closely it seems to be either about her and Mick, or more likely, about the loss of a child due to miscarriage.
I don't think that's a problem because I think it's quite likely that he at least plays a part in the meaning of that song. Certainly, I subscribe to the miscarriage theory (most of the time) and without going into further detail, the fact that it was written at that point in time makes me think any guesses that it does have to with Linds probably aren't too far-fetched.

Also, this from the director of Destiny Rules seems to confirm it having emotional significance to both of them:

"one of the more emotional moments made it to the film and that was when Stevie and Lindsey recorded "Goodbye Baby". That was shot very quietly late at night and due to the subject matter, was a very private and personal moment between those two."

Last edited by nicole21290; 08-22-2013 at 10:53 PM..
Old 08-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
I would also suggest listening to Fall From Grace, which is also confirmed to be about Lindsey and written circa The Dance/post-Dance. And Cast Away Dreams which is one which I find extremely fascinating. Also, Destiny Rules which is a favourite, if only for the joy/misery I find in both of them clinging to 'destiny' and 'fate' as justification for why things are the way they are. And My Heart/You May Be The One if we're focusing in on the Dance through SYW period. There's others too but I think those first two tell an interesting story and the latter two are interesting in terms of emotional 'residue' as Lindsey would say.

As Lindsey said, yes - but there are other kinds of love to be had. They state plenty of things in no uncertain terms, however, that I don't always believe. Ah, Say Goodbye seems to be the song of everchanging meaning. In SYW/Soundstage era he said it was actually written just after taking leave of the band in 1987. At the beginning of this tour he used the recording date as the writing date and said it had more to do with closure. In the latter part of the last leg, it seems to have evolved and become about "acceptance, faith and resolve for the future". Whatever that means... Also, not quite sure he 'accepted' it quite that simply at that point in time.

I don't think that's a problem because I think it's quite likely that he at least plays a part in the meaning of that song. Certainly, I prescribe to the miscarriage theory (most of the time) and without going into further detail, the fact that it was written at that point in time makes me think any guesses that it does have to with Linds probably aren't too far-fetched.

Also, this from the director of Destiny Rules seems to confirm it having emotional significance to both of them:

"one of the more emotional moments made it to the film and that was when Stevie and Lindsey recorded "Goodbye Baby". That was shot very quietly late at night and due to the subject matter, was a very private and personal moment between those two."
Whoa! Heavy, what the producer said...this is all new and intriguing to me. Going to go listen to the songs in the order given guys, such a hard task, lol! I'll get back to you after...thanks for playing, such fun for me to catch up and then to tell my daughter.

I know that many of you have been thru these subjects ad nauseum...I haven't, and as you can see, I became a Ledgie way back in 2000, but I lost my status because I had to change screen names...and was on AOL dial up as soon as it was available. Main reason: I heard that Stevie and FM were all over the Internet and it was true! Nothing like now, of course, but more FM info than I had EVER seen at that point in time, anywhere! Chat boards, The beginning of The Nicks Fix and The Penquin!

I really love this board and all of the intelligent, thoughtful, arrogant, funny, etc., things that all of you (we) lovely people say. I forgot how nice it is to be among people who share your interests, intensely.... So thanks for taking the time....really. Desiree.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Goodbye Baby I highly doubt has anything to do with Lindsey. It was written around 1976 I have read on the YouTube video comments of the "infamous demo" of Goodbye Baby during which Stevie says, "Feck!"

I thought it was about that controversial thing I'm not sure if we're allowed to talk about (actually, I kinda hope we're not, since the conversation usually goes nowhere and only ticks people off) that involved Don Henley.

THE Stephen Hopkins