The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-06-2018, 11:26 AM
TheWildHeart67's Avatar
TheWildHeart67 TheWildHeart67 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 499
Default Stevie Nicks survived abusive relationship with former bandmate Lindsey Buckingham, c

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ok-claims.html
__________________
<img src=images/smilies/jump.gif border=0 alt= title=jump class=inlineimg />
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 07-06-2018, 11:41 AM
TheWildHeart67's Avatar
TheWildHeart67 TheWildHeart67 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 499
Default

Didn't this book come out a while ago? I wonder why Fox news is talking about it now?
__________________
<img src=images/smilies/jump.gif border=0 alt= title=jump class=inlineimg />
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-06-2018, 12:51 PM
paleshadow's Avatar
paleshadow paleshadow is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
Didn't this book come out a while ago? I wonder why Fox news is talking about it now?
Probably just because they've been in the news recently with the firing of Lindsey and the tour. My Barnes and Noble had a FM section on their display wall the other day, with Buckingham Mc Vie, The Very Best of FM, and 24 Karat Gold.
__________________
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c62/dsaje/nicks.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-06-2018, 01:04 PM
sodascouts's Avatar
sodascouts sodascouts is online now
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 4,368
Default

It ticks me off that this Davis guy can regurgitate a bunch of interviews others have done, get half his facts wrong, and still make money off of Stevie... while the gullible public eats it up. They also believe everything they read because hey, it wouldn't get published in a book if it weren't true!

So many people actually believe Stevie wrote this herself, or at least was interviewed extensively for it, simply because it has her picture on it and says "biography."

Nope. That would be an AUTObiography, folks. And this is not one. This is crap.

Thanks for the incisive reporting that lends credence to it, foxnews!
__________________
- Nancy

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-06-2018, 01:08 PM
mitzo's Avatar
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,454
Default

OK so she did not survive an abusive relationship with Lindsey.
__________________
Think of me sweet darling, every time you don't come...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-06-2018, 01:31 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,257
Default

Stevie has never "reported" that Lindsey abused her (unless you're talking about the Tusk thing and Tango incident). We don't know what happened or didn't happen all those years ago but that she reported anything is completely untrue. I think a lot of people who aren't as familiar with Stevie/FM think that this book is a legit biography of Stevie which is why it pops up in the news every now and then. I actually got curious by all the terrible reviews that some fans gave the book so I skimmed through it myself and it really is pretty bad. Tons of inaccurate info, a lot of stories and things seemingly just pulled out of thin air, actual facts that are clearly checkable completely wrong and whatnot. Stevie never even spoke to the writer and I highly doubt anyone close to her did either and just "requested anonymity". This same writer also wrote a Carly Simon bio and he said he was a friend of Carly and she acknowledged that she knew him but she was FURIOUS about the book and denounced it and denounced the things he tried to portray in it and said she has never spoken to him about it and it wasn't authorized and all that. So in general I wouldn't give this book/writer too much attention.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-07-2018, 11:38 AM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
It ticks me off that this Davis guy can regurgitate a bunch of interviews others have done, get half his facts wrong, and still make money off of Stevie... while the gullible public eats it up. They also believe everything they read because hey, it wouldn't get published in a book if it weren't true!

So many people actually believe Stevie wrote this herself, or at least was interviewed extensively for it, simply because it has her picture on it and says "biography."

Nope. That would be an AUTObiography, folks. And this is not one. This is crap.

Thanks for the incisive reporting that lends credence to it, foxnews!
I don't understand why Stephen Davis is held in high regard as a writer. After this it makes me question his past works including Hammer of the Gods which was supposed to be a high water mark for him.
__________________
A vaincre sans peril, on triomphe sans gloire.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-07-2018, 11:29 AM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
Didn't this book come out a while ago? I wonder why Fox news is talking about it now?
I was thinking the same thing. Plus that book was so full of inaccuracies. I haven't even read it.
__________________
A vaincre sans peril, on triomphe sans gloire.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-06-2018, 04:21 PM
StevieandChris StevieandChris is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 360
Default

If anyone is curious I say get it from the library. It is not terrible and is a fast read, but there is no new info. It’s basically like he took a whole bunch of feature articles and interviews in chronological order and then smushed them altogether, somehow managing to get a few easily verifiable facts wrong.

I enjoyed Zoe’s book a lot more than this one.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-06-2018, 04:29 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
If anyone is curious I say get it from the library. It is not terrible and is a fast read, but there is no new info. It’s basically like he took a whole bunch of feature articles and interviews in chronological order and then smushed them altogether, somehow managing to get a few easily verifiable facts wrong.

I enjoyed Zoe’s book a lot more than this one.
When I skimmed through it I remember reading some tall tale that said Stevie had specific requests to not have African American limo drivers. As if trying to say that she's a racist. That's when I put it down and realized it was crap. And then seeing how Carly Simon denounced the book he put out on her, it made more sense.
IA that the Zoe Howe book was at least more reliable but I doubt we'll ever get an actual "good" book on Stevie since all the writers have to base it off of is her interviews and other accounts and things, all of which are pretty exaggerated and many of which contradict each other.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-06-2018, 04:35 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,955
Default

Well he must not have been to mean, she has more than her share of self esteem. Hard to believe.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-06-2018, 05:05 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,913
Default

The book was trash. This news story not substantiated. However, given the timing of its release coinciding with the band’s attempt to reboot, I wouldn’t be surprised if the story wasn’t encouraged by Stevie or Mick.

There’s little doubt of Lindsey’s abrasiveness, and of his occasionally being a class-A jerk. But claims of abuse should never be taken lightly or casually accepted as truth. I have yet to read any unquestionably reliable source confirming this—including Carol Ann Harris.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-07-2018, 09:04 AM
mitzo's Avatar
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
The book was trash. This news story not substantiated. However, given the timing of its release coinciding with the band’s attempt to reboot, I wouldn’t be surprised if the story wasn’t encouraged by Stevie or Mick.

There’s little doubt of Lindsey’s abrasiveness, and of his occasionally being a class-A jerk. But claims of abuse should never be taken lightly or casually accepted as truth. I have yet to read any unquestionably reliable source confirming this—including Carol Ann Harris.
There is a million tons of recent news and academic and legal research that make it seem that well, yes, claims of abuse by the abused need to be taken seriously and accepted as truth.


Stevie did not survive an abusive relationship with Lindsey. Because he is a great artist. Got it.
__________________
Think of me sweet darling, every time you don't come...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-07-2018, 11:50 AM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
The book was trash. This news story not substantiated. However, given the timing of its release coinciding with the band’s attempt to reboot, I wouldn’t be surprised if the story wasn’t encouraged by Stevie or Mick.

There’s little doubt of Lindsey’s abrasiveness, and of his occasionally being a class-A jerk. But claims of abuse should never be taken lightly or casually accepted as truth. I have yet to read any unquestionably reliable source confirming this—including Carol Ann Harris.
It's in her book and I know that I'm in the minority here but it's quite good.
__________________
A vaincre sans peril, on triomphe sans gloire.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-07-2018, 11:44 AM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
When I skimmed through it I remember reading some tall tale that said Stevie had specific requests to not have African American limo drivers.
That is insane. Where was he even trying to go with that? She's the last person who would ever be accused of that.
__________________
A vaincre sans peril, on triomphe sans gloire.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo picture35 mm PHOTO SLIDE TRANSPARENCY #887 BEKKA BRAMLETT singer song writer
$1.49
35 mm PHOTO SLIDE TRANSPARENCY #887   BEKKA BRAMLETT  singer  song writer picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved