The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What TWO songs from each artist should have been the singles from the Tusk Album?

Lindsey:
Tusk
The Ledge

Christine:
Honey Hi
Never Forget

Stevie:
Sara
Beautiful Child

In 1979 I would have picked Sister's Of The Moon for a Stevie single and it was a single, released in 1980. But it was not a hit. By the time it came out, WB seemed done with promoting the Tusk album. I only heard it once on the radio and it was memorable. Angel would have made a great single too because at that point she had never had a real rock-n-roll song heard in mainstream music, but sticking with the two I listed would have been a one-two bowl of dreamy punch for her and us.
For Christine some might say Brown Eyes. It's such a beautiful song. Back in the early 1980's when I used to try to get people into FM's music, I would always play Brown Eyes for them and they would always say it was a beautiful song.
For Lindsey I think Tusk as a single and the first single from the album was a brilliant move, for the shock factor alone. In Sept, 1979 when I first heard it my jaw dropped open and I was like, WTF!! From the 2nd listen on though I was in love with the song. The song The Ledge would have made a great 2nd single from him because it's such a boppy, happy, fun, uplifting track.

And even though it has nothing to do with this thread I always wished on side 4 they switched Brown Eyes with Tusk and placed Tusk where BE was because I would many times fall asleep to side 4 and Tusk would jarr me awake again and then Never Forget would lull me back into dreamland.
Just imagine being hypnotized into sleep, and you young people should try this: Honey Hi,Beautiful Child, Walk A Thin Line, Brown Eyes, Never Forget= off to dreamland=happy trails to you...
Old 11-28-2009, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sara
Angel
Sisters of the Moon (bonus single)

Tusk
I Know I'm Not Wrong

Think About Me
Never Forget

Well, Never Forget is probably not singles material. But it's the one I like the most after Think About Me, so it makes the cut.

Michele
Old 11-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Sara
Angel

Tusk
I Know I'm Not Wrong

Think About Me
Never Forget

Well, Never Forget is probably not singles material. But it's the one I like the most after Think About Me, so it makes the cut.

Michele
Awww, this is weird...because I was thinking about every of these songs you just said....hmmm, lol Quincidence....haha

Old 11-29-2009, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie:
Sara
Angel

Christine:
Over & Over
Brown Eyes

Lindsey:
The Ledge
I Know I'm Not Wrong
Old 11-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Sara
Angel

Tusk
I Know I'm Not Wrong

Think About Me
Never Forget

Michele
Sisters of the moon was released as a single in June of 1980 and peaked at # 86 in the United States.

coming from a billboard book called Rock movers and shakers and A to Z on Who Made Rock Happen. copyrighted 1991 by Billboard Books