The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Of course it's written about a ton of different things that were going on at the time. Sara says that when she first wrote it, there was a lot of different verses, but once they edited it down for Tusk, it lost a lot of what it was about. However, Sara is not saying that this song is totally about her, but after hearing her tell me the story, I think I can understand why Stevie named it "Sara", maybe. And of course there is parts about Mick, Stevie, and Sara. But the undoing the laces...HAHA, NOT about Don, you guys....very interesting story, though Stevie herself would have to tell it and I bet you she never does, lol.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brysondt View Post
As I sit here with Sara Fleetwood....Sara says:

"The night Stevie wrote this song, I was sitting there with her, even though at different times in her life, she likes to say the song isnt about me or that I wasn't there. So....who undid the laces? NOT Don Henley, not Mick...keep thinking guys, keep thinking..."

HAHA--Love Sara so much.
It follows the line "he was singing", so I'm going with my usual guess - Lindsey...
Old 11-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

HAHA--not Lindsey either....

Now that I know, I'm starting to think no one will even ever guess because I would have never guessed. But this man IS on her track record of boyfriends...
Old 11-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As I sit here with Sara Fleetwood....Sara says:

"The night Stevie wrote this song, I was sitting there with her, even though at different times in her life, she likes to say the song isnt about me or that I wasn't there. So....who undid the laces? NOT Don Henley, not Mick...keep thinking guys, keep thinking..."

HAHA--Love Sara so much.
Joe Walsh!! LOL
Old 11-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL...noooooooo, not JW!! I don't want it to be about him

Even being the shipper that I am, I never thought it was about Lindsey. There's a tenderness to the lyric that makes it impossible for me to think it was about him...not that he doesn't have a softer side...it just doesn't sound like something that she would say about him. LOL...does that make sense to anyone??? I don't know how to explain it.

I never thought it was Mick either. I wouldn't have minded it being about him though...after my initial shock long ago of learning that they'd been together (because looking at them, they do seem like an unlikely couple), I kind of got used to the idea. I think its sort of sweet now. Still, like was mentioned before, the whole "he was singing" line made it completely unlikely.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
HAHA--not Lindsey either....

Now that I know, I'm starting to think no one will even ever guess because I would have never guessed. But this man IS on her track record of boyfriends...
Do you enjoy teasing people with these guessing games? Really if you know something then tell us, if you don't want us to know that's fine too - but don't bring it up in the first place.

Besides, we all know it's about her dog Sara anyway.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's about Giovanni, her one-time tailor.
A sad story, really. He was an aspiring opera singer in his native Italy. Tall, dark, handsome. Incredibly tender voice that could calm babies and make grown men weep into their linen handkerchiefs. And women! Please! There was swooning in the rehearsal halls.
But, alas, there was another aspiring opera singer...let's call him...Luciano...who had "connections" and an incredibly fiery temper (think a corpulant Lindsey), and Giovanni was no dummy. He gave up his beloved opera and joined the family business where he spent the rest of his life making incredibly frothy dresses for the filthy rich and eternally poetic.
So, while we all are looking for hidden meanings, Giovanni was literally singing while...undoing...the laces. Undoing the laces.

The moral of this tale? Sometimes a blue lamp is just a blue lamp.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
But, alas, there was another aspiring opera singer...let's call him...Luciano...who had "connections" and an incredibly fiery temper (think a corpulant Lindsey), and Giovanni was no dummy. He gave up his beloved opera and joined the family business where he spent the rest of his life making incredibly frothy dresses for the filthy rich and eternally poetic.
So, while we all are looking for hidden meanings, Giovanni was literally singing while...undoing...the laces. Undoing the laces.

The moral of this tale? Sometimes a blue lamp is just a blue lamp.
Hilarious. I especially like the corpulent Lindsey idea. Gee, I thought I had no intereest in opera, but I'm beginning to change my mind.

Michele
Old 11-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
Do you enjoy teasing people with these guessing games? Really if you know something then tell us, if you don't want us to know that's fine too - but don't bring it up in the first place.

Yo, relax. And I'm not teasing. See--this is why I've minimized my time on The Ledge. People get really serious for no reason.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post

Quote:
Yo, relax. And I'm not teasing. See--this is why I've minimized my time on The Ledge. People get really serious for no reason.

You know it is a fair point. People are bound to be interested in any hints being given out. Its perhaps best to say nothing
Old 11-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yo, relax. And I'm not teasing.
So, tell us who it is...
Old 11-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm done. Peace.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Perhaps it is because jacka$$es (not you) have come on here with ****te like this as a teaser and then act put upon when asked anything in any way.

In the end, I hope you did meet her and it was all that and a bag of chips. I am thrilled for you. But, when you post BS faux coy little sniglets like this - did you really expect people not to ask you anything or not be just a little suspicious?

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 11-05-2009 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: soften
Old 11-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

lol Strandie, this is why the Ledge needs you. Why has there always been those members that come on to play the "I know something you don't know but won't tell you" game?

Last edited by trackaghost; 11-05-2009 at 07:54 PM..
Old 11-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not trying to act like I know something and don't want anyone else to know who it is. I'm just saying, Sara said for you guys to think a little harder as to who it is.

But fine---since apparently The Ledge is a very "serious" board, screw it. I used to come in here all the time because it was fun and I'm not trying to tease anyone. Damnit--it's JD Souther.

But I'll never bring up another thing, ever again. I'll just continue to read what everyone else has to say and never add any input. If someone had guessed JD, I would have said it was him. But you guys get all super serious about stuff....