The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default One thing I noticed about Christine...

She has the most terrible memory with dates and details.

1. There was one interview where she forgot that "Got A Hold On Me" was the name of her first single.
2. Save for the LA earthquake, she apparently forgot everything from 1993-1997. It's like she jumped from the inauguration to The Dance in her ITM interviews.
3. At one point, she said that they met Stevie and Lindsey in Mick's house and not in a Mexican restaurant.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-23-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
She has the most terrible memory with dates and details.

1. There was one interview where she forgot that "Got A Hold On Me" was the name of her first single.
2. Save for the LA earthquake, she apparently forgot everything from 1993-1997. It's like she jumped from the inauguration to The Dance in her ITM interviews.
3. At one point, she said that they met Stevie and Lindsey in Mick's house and not in a Mexican restaurant.
Yeah, they all have really bad memories... she included...
Old 09-23-2013, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That's true, but she seems to be among the worst offenders of them all.

Especially #2 on the list. Others forget specific events (and sometimes not consistently), but Chris takes it to another level and forgets a whole block of time.

Last edited by applebucked; 09-23-2013 at 10:04 AM..
Old 09-23-2013, 10:20 AM

Maybe she doesn't like talking about the "Time", era.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Maybe she doesn't like talking about the "Time", era.
Maybe, but I'm sure her memory is very vivid when it comes to people on her 'hit list' (also I realized that time block contained the Bob Welch lawsuit too, but I chalk up that one to her not wanting to talk about it for obvious reasons). Though that doesn't explain why she seemed to have forgotten that Lindsey's solo project led to The Dance and not the inauguration. Not in just one radio interview, but several of them.

Okay I found another one: She said that the final "Dance" tour stop was in Atlantic City when it was in Landover.

Last edited by applebucked; 09-23-2013 at 11:13 AM..
Old 09-23-2013, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I have to say, as much as I can see why fans might be keen to criticise/laugh about the "bad" memories of Mac members, as many of us often do on this board, it doesn't always seem entirely fair. Who among us really has such an unfailing episodic memory of our own lives? I can't even remember loads of stuff that happened last year. Not off the top of my head, anyway. Let alone 30+ years ago. And I never drink or do drugs. Forgetting some things or getting dates wrong by a year or two seems pretty normal and human, to me. I'm actually amazed that they all seem to recount as much as they're able to, to be honest. Although I suppose large chunks of that are rehearsed and repeated many times in interviews. But you know, things like which city the Dance tour stopped in hardly seem like memories that would be likely to stick with her forever. People just don't view their own lives the way that fans view them.

Last edited by Dex; 09-23-2013 at 12:39 PM..
Old 09-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
I have to say, as much as I can see why fans might be keen to criticise/laugh about the "bad" memories of Mac members, as many of us often do on this board, it doesn't always seem entirely fair. Who among us really has such an unfailing episodic memory of our own lives? I can't even remember loads of stuff that happened last year. Not off the top of my head, anyway. Let alone 30+ years ago. And I never drink or do drugs. Forgetting some things or getting dates wrong by a year or two seems pretty normal and human, to me. I'm actually amazed that they all seem to recount as much as they're able to, to be honest. Although I suppose large chunks of that are rehearsed and repeated many times in interviews.
Oh, let me be clear that I'm not criticizing Christine for it at all,. In fact, that would be hypocritical since I myself am the most forgetful person in existence, which relates me more to her. Just simply pointing out some observations. I would point out other recurring behaviors for the other Mac members too, but I follow Christine's stuff the most closely so I tend to notice hers a lot more.

Last edited by applebucked; 09-23-2013 at 12:45 PM..
Old 09-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
I'm actually amazed that they all seem to recount as much as they're able to, to be honest.
A class mate on FB just asked me if I remembered his 10th Birthday party at the bowling alley. We're 51. I don't remember any party at a bowling alley and I still can't picture HIS face.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
A class mate on FB just asked me if I remembered his 10th Birthday party at the bowling alley. We're 51. I don't remember any party at a bowling alley and I still can't picture HIS face.
I've had similar situations in the past. And I'm 20!

Old 09-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I like to think that Mick's house was above a Mexican restaurant.

Michele
Old 09-23-2013, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I like to think that Mick's house was above a Mexican restaurant.

Michele
Yes!! Too funny.

I imagine the repetitiveness of the road and the year-in year-out drudgery of touring may mean one is prone to an impressionistic memory, as opposed to a precise one.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm the same way. Some stuff, I can recall like it was yesterday...but some stuff, I have zero recollection!
Old 09-23-2013, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But at least it wasn't published/aired for posterity's sake.

Though I love that about our Chris. She's just like us.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, let me be clear that I'm not criticizing Christine for it at all,. In fact, that would be hypocritical since I myself am the most forgetful person in existence, which relates me more to her. Just simply pointing out some observations. I would point out other recurring behaviors for the other Mac members too, but I follow Christine's stuff the most closely so I tend to notice hers a lot more.
Yeah I know you weren't, applebucked. I guess "criticize" was probably the wrong word to use. I just think calling Christine "forgetful" because she doesn't remember everything is overstating, and I think fans here and elsewhere are sometimes guilty of expecting too much from the band members memory-wise. They're just never going to have as studied a knowledge of chronological events as we fans do.

Quote:
Exactly! I'm 26 and I remember very few birthdays I attended as a child. Life is just too full!
Old 09-24-2013, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Guess my choice of words didn't come across as clear here as it did when I said the same thing on my Twitter.

(Yes I exaggerate stuff for the heck of it quite often)