User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default hope it's intimate venues!

what size venues should LB tour?

he toured theaters with 2-4 thousand seats on Seeds tour, and mostly even smaller venues on OMS tour. i like the idea of him touring much smaller venues and theaters, like on OMS tour. if they are really small (like Chicago Winery or World Cafe Live in Wilmington), ticket price can be a bit higher because all seats are great.

what about prices?

i think he needs to have a wide range of prices - from very expensive first couple of rows, to very cheap at the back of the venue.

BuckVie prices were a big mistake, imo - all mostly middle of the road why would you buy $69+fees lawn ticket? that makes no sense! bit having $100 front row tickets invites scalpers. so front rows can be way more, while back should be very cheap.

i mean i saw Springsteen on Broadway in that ~500-seat theater, i was in the very back (well there were just 2 rows in the balcony!) and paid only $75, while front rows and orchestra were way more. but there were no bad seats in that theater.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-14-2018, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Depends if he has a backing band or not.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

he toured theaters with 2-4 thousand seats on Seeds tour, and mostly even smaller venues on OMS tour. i like the idea of him touring much smaller venues and theaters, like on OMS tour. if they are really small (like Chicago Winery or World Cafe Live in Wilmington), ticket price can be a bit higher because all seats are great.

what about prices?

i think he needs to have a wide range of prices - from very expensive first couple of rows, to very cheap at the back of the venue.

BuckVie prices were a big mistake, imo - all mostly middle of the road why would you buy $69+fees lawn ticket? that makes no sense! bit having $100 front row tickets invites scalpers. so front rows can be way more, while back should be very cheap.

i mean i saw Springsteen on Broadway in that ~500-seat theater, i was in the very back (well there were just 2 rows in the balcony!) and paid only $75, while front rows and orchestra were way more. but there were no bad seats in that theater.
I saw Buck/Vie at the Beacon....that was a great Venue for them. I could see him at Jones Beach if he were to launch this in the summer (sounds like it's fall, but throwing it out there) The paramount on LI would be awesome. I saw Billy Joel there a few years back--it's like playing in your living room. But I agree, he needs to be smart about prices. But I think he is great in an intimate setting. I cannot wait!
Old 05-14-2018, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I saw Buck/Vie at the Beacon....that was a great Venue for them. I could see him at Jones Beach if he were to launch this in the summer (sounds like it's fall, but throwing it out there) The paramount on LI would be awesome. I saw Billy Joel there a few years back--it's like playing in your living room. But I agree, he needs to be smart about prices. But I think he is great in an intimate setting. I cannot wait!
ha i was at the BuckVie Beacon show too. i hated the stage it was way too deep, they were too far away from the audience. however the Greek and Beacon were the only appropriately prices shows on BuckVie tour, and among the rare sellouts - not just because they were NYC and LA, but also i think because of the right pricing, with large range.

Jones Beach is way too large for LB solo. that's more BuckVie sized venue.

Red Banks theater is much better LB sized venue. but i liked him in smaller than that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-14-2018, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ha i was at the BuckVie Beacon show too. i hated the stage it was way too deep, they were too far away from the audience. however the Greek and Beacon were the only appropriately prices shows on BuckVie tour, and among the rare sellouts - not just because they were NYC and LA, but also i think because of the right pricing, with large range.

Jones Beach is way too large for LB solo. that's more BuckVie sized venue.

Red Banks theater is much better LB sized venue. but i liked him in smaller than that.
Agreed, but something about LB playing at the beach....love that! The Paramount is literally like they are playing in your living room. Seems like you are in the NY area--definitely check it out if. It's worth.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Agreed, but something about LB playing at the beach....love that! The Paramount is literally like they are playing in your living room. Seems like you are in the NY area--definitely check it out if. It's worth.
i probably will if LB comes there!

no, i'm in DC area. but NYC is close enough.

Old 05-14-2018, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Wow - you lucked out for Bruce!
I was also in the balcony but paid almost highest price.

For me, the smaller the venue, the better.
He and Christine played the Greek in LA, and that's about as perfect as a venue gets. I have a feeling his next tour will sell like his Out of The Cradle shows - sort of a new intro to the world, post-Fleetwood Mac.

Is the 9:30 Club still open in DC? That would be perfect.

Last edited by dontlookdown; 05-14-2018 at 11:48 PM..
Old 05-15-2018, 07:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Wow - you lucked out for Bruce!
I was also in the balcony but paid almost highest price.

For me, the smaller the venue, the better.
He and Christine played the Greek in LA, and that's about as perfect as a venue gets. I have a feeling his next tour will sell like his Out of The Cradle shows - sort of a new intro to the world, post-Fleetwood Mac.

Is the 9:30 Club still open in DC? That would be perfect.
i know re Bruce! my husband was telling me till the last day - are these really selling for $1k a pop? we need money, are you sure we wanna go? it was a fantastic show!

yes, 9:30 club is still open. there is also a relatively new Fillmore in Silver Spring just outside DC border now too. even better venue than 9:30 club. also Lincoln theater might be nice. Baltimore Soundstage (LB played that on OMS tour) and tons of other venues in the area.