Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-19-2017, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She also flip flopped on In The Meantime. First, she had said negative things about it. Then later on, she had positive things to say about it.

It actually irked me. I love that album. I love Christine Perfect, too.
Yeah, I remembered her saying this:

"It had some good songs on it, but I went about it all wrong [...] I did it the wrong way, with the wrong people, I didn't want to fly, I didn't want to promote it. I just did it in my garage and nothing happened with it. That caused a certain amount of angst, and then I just stopped."
Old 03-19-2017, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
It does have a bit of a tinge to it like when Lindsey left and always had to say "I found it interesting that they had to hire TWO guitarists to replace me"

We all have our egos, even our beloved Christine.
Ha. You know, I love Christine, but it's not because I think she's sweet, mild or humble. I love her because I don't think that.

Michele
Old 03-19-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Ha. You know, I love Christine, but it's not because I think she's sweet, mild or humble. I love her because I don't think that.

Michele
She's just so much better than Stevie at throwing shade..lololol
Old 03-19-2017, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Which is not to say she wasn't missed and I think FM consciously tried to fill the void with SYW (Christine is clearly why it was the single) and forcing SYHA and BTLH on us again.

Michele
I loooooove Steal Your Heart Away. The Watkins Family Hour version too.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I loooooove Steal Your Heart Away. The Watkins Family Hour version too.
I really appreciated it when I first heard it, but by the time SYW came out, it seemed old, already. But I understand that they were trying to sound like they did when Christine was there and that was why that song was included on the album.

Michele
Old 03-19-2017, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post

"It had some good songs on it, but I went about it all wrong [...] I did it the wrong way, with the wrong people, I didn't want to fly, I didn't want to promote it. I just did it in my garage and nothing happened with it. That caused a certain amount of angst, and then I just stopped."
But this sounds like she's mainly talking all about promoting it all wrong and having regrets about that.

The "wrong people" bit is intriguing though. I always wondered did she think she needed someone more like LB, who could be more creative with her basic songs? Although it's interesting, as clever and talented as Lindsey is, his solo stuff does not come close to the sales numbers of FM, or Stevie solo, for that matter....
Old 03-19-2017, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post

I remember reading that, too.

Weird, because I thought she had the right people and the right approach to the actual music. (The promotion is a different story.) Maybe she was talking about Sanctuary Records? She's singing a different tune now, celebrating the record on its own terms. And I've always thought ITM was very special. I'm so glad to have that music.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Do you think Dan is the wrong people?

I actually hated Dan's production, but if I had to list her top 5 songs, "Calumny" would be right up there with "Hold Me." I would like to hear other things he has written.

I wonder if Lindsey has ever heard Calumny. if those two want some setlist ideas ....

Michele
Old 03-19-2017, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Do you think Dan is the wrong people?

I actually hated Dan's production, but if I had to list her top 5 songs, "Calumny" would be right up there with "Hold Me." I would like to hear other things he has written.

I wonder if Lindsey has ever heard Calumny. if those two want some setlist ideas ....

Michele
I'm sure LB heard her solo record.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But this sounds like she's mainly talking all about promoting it all wrong and having regrets about that.
That's how I've always read it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-20-2017, 08:22 AM

Quote:

The "wrong people" bit is intriguing though. I always wondered did she think she needed someone more like LB, who could be more creative with her basic songs? Although it's interesting, as clever and talented as Lindsey is, his solo stuff does not come close to the sales numbers of FM, or Stevie solo, for that matter....
Yes, I took it as a first step of her eventual reconsideration for the album, it's an interview for the 2014 reunion.
And ironically her words now could apply to 24K Gold.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't mind the production on 'In the Meantime' although I would have liked more piano. Especially on "Calumny." That song would have been perfect played on grand piano, a la "Songbird."

It seemed obvious at the time that the title of the album -- "In the Meantime" -- referred to a change that was coming in the future. Did it mean: "I will eventually rejoin Fleetwood Mac, but in the meantime I'll do this little solo project"? I was surprised there wasn't more speculation at the time about the title. (We Chris fans were all on the old Christine McVie website board in those days, remember?) I remember that Chris just said, when she was asked about the title, that it had a personal meaning, but she didn't say what the meaning was.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:32 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I don't mind the production on 'In the Meantime' although I would have liked more piano. Especially on "Calumny." That song would have been perfect played on grand piano, a la "Songbird."
Agreed. I think the production and instrumentation on "In the Meantime" are very good. I would have appreciated more Clavinet however Not on 'Calumny' of course!
Old 03-20-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post

It seemed obvious at the time that the title of the album -- "In the Meantime" -- referred to a change that was coming in the future. Did it mean: "I will eventually rejoin Fleetwood Mac, but in the meantime I'll do this little solo project"? I was surprised there wasn't more speculation at the time about the title. (We Chris fans were all on the old Christine McVie website board in those days, remember?) I remember that Chris just said, when she was asked about the title, that it had a personal meaning, but she didn't say what the meaning was.
I too liked the production. It was very Fleetwood macky..
Old 03-20-2017, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
This pisses me off to no end. I'm sure old goat breath has the most powerful lawyers of them all.
Yes I am sure old goat breath just pulled in all her lawyers to ensure that the FM name is not being used on this album. BULL****! Seems you are conveniently forgetting how Christine had been gone from the group for what...about 5 or 6 years at that time SYW was being made and was asked and begged to come back and refused. But she is a saint for coming back to the fold after 16 years of being gone. Stevie asks to do the exact same thing that she has been doing since 1981 and is the devil. Good Lord...it is so laughable.