Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieNicksEO17
Okay, this is random.

I'm sick of the JV's parents on Colorguard already. I hate rude and disrespectful parents. Grow the hell up, your kids are more mature than you.

KTHNXBYE.
Wow, what did they say?! Did they disagree w/ some of the coach's decisions? Sorry Jessica, just curious! Oh darn--I was trying to post less on the Ledge. Guess I'm addicted, LOL.
'Cause when I look down, I just miss all the good stuff
and when I look up, I just trip over things."
-Ani Difranco
Old 07-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
I bet you can get videos of stuff like that though.

I'm trying to remember what that fetish is called, I remember it from John Waters' last movie.

Old 07-10-2005, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecricket2
Wow, what did they say?! Did they disagree w/ some of the coach's decisions? Sorry Jessica, just curious! Oh darn--I was trying to post less on the Ledge. Guess I'm addicted, LOL.
I hit addicted a long time ago LOL. Oh yeah, I PMed you the other day... go check it! LOL

There's this girl on JV and her mom is the most obnoxious thing, ever. I was sitting on a cooler today and she was sitting on the other side and instead of saying "Can you please get up so I can get in it" She smacks me on the back and goes "Up." Um, hello, am I a dog? Then she was telling everyone that they were washing cars wrong and they were rinsing them off wrong and they were drying them wrong. Okay, it's a $5 car wash. If you really care then you can do everything yourself. She's always screaming about how something isn't right or fast enough or anything. My favorite was when someone accidently sprayed her with the hose and she flipped out. Ugh. I was talking to the coach in the car on the way back from camp and she doesn't even like her. Good.

"Age is just a number... The rest is just a state of mind."
Old 07-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireSister
What happend to it? It disappered after 1983 (at which time she also stopped biting her lip which was too cute ) I used to have an overbite but braces and headgear took care of it. Obviously she didn't wear braces so anybody have any clue as to how she got rid of it so quickly? Some kind of retainer perhaps? I think it was sexy. I miss the overbite. Maybe I'll start a Stevie overbit appriciation thread.
I don't know either. I don't recall her wearing braces. Was there a time (like a period of a year or two) when she just stayed out of the public eye and might have had them then? Did they have the kind that go behind the teeth or did they have those back then? I miss the overbite and when she bit her lip, too. Please start the Stevie overbite appreciation thread!
Old 07-10-2005, 06:05 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
um, I mostly agree with you, although I like the cheesy videos, too. I have only seen one of Lindsey's, but I've recently heard he doesn't lip sync too well, but on the other hand, I think he's a way better actor, as far as expressions in his eyes, than Stevie. Stevie looks VEEEERY wooden to me.
I didn't know she got her teeth fixed! I definitely like her more natural, better. My fave, (besides the Angel part of the tusk documentary) is the TUSK video, too. Everyone looks so natural, and sunny and fun, like they're all out for a barbecue and softball game. I really love it. And stevie's baton twirling in see through tube dress is one of my most favorite moments ever.
When I first saw the later stevie videos, pretty recently (within the last year) I, too, was shocked by the cheesyness. And I don't like overdone hair anyway. But they've grown on me, partly because of the cheesiness. I Can't Wait is sooooo cheesy that it's hilarious and good.
Embrace the Cheese.
They are cheesy and I guess everybody had big hair in the 80s but the video for SDMHA doesn't even look like her. Her face was really thin, her teeth were fixed, her hair was big and she had on so much makeup I hardly recognized her. I like it when Stevie doesn't look so perfect.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagringader&r
They are cheesy and I guess everybody had big hair in the 80s but the video for SDMHA doesn't even look like her. Her face was really thin, her teeth were fixed, her hair was big and she had on so much makeup I hardly recognized her. I like it when Stevie doesn't look so perfect.
Omigosh, I love that video! That's my favorite hair. I didn't notice her teeth. Ha, I can't believe you hate that one. Wait, her hair wasn't that big. It was just feathered bangs, and then long and curly...with that thing in it.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-10-2005, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hit addicted a long time ago LOL. Oh yeah, I PMed you the other day... go check it! LOL

There's this girl on JV and her mom is the most obnoxious thing, ever. I was sitting on a cooler today and she was sitting on the other side and instead of saying "Can you please get up so I can get in it" She smacks me on the back and goes "Up." Um, hello, am I a dog? Then she was telling everyone that they were washing cars wrong and they were rinsing them off wrong and they were drying them wrong. Okay, it's a $5 car wash. If you really care then you can do everything yourself. She's always screaming about how something isn't right or fast enough or anything. My favorite was when someone accidently sprayed her with the hose and she flipped out. Ugh. I was talking to the coach in the car on the way back from camp and she doesn't even like her. Good.
Yikes! That whole "up" thing is a bit much. Oh, I did read your PM but I had nothing in particular to say in response to it, so I didn't reply. Hope your summer is going well. My grad level math class is pretty intense and difficult. I have a lot of studying to do for my midterm on Tuesday, and I also am a teaching assistant for calculus II and that is kind of a pain and is taking up more of my time that I would rather be devoting to topology. So anyway, there are my random thoughts.
-Ani Difranco
Old 07-10-2005, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Unfortunately you're ignorant. Before you're so quick to dismiss what we're alerted you to, take a step back and another look.

You're so cool Mari. I guess lagringader&r was just trying to be cool when she expressed what she did with her no doubt upsetting post. I suggest you turn it around and see how pathetic it is that when being alerted to what plenty of others see here, you (not specifically you but inclusively) just ridicule and repress them further. Kind of proves the point in a way.
Again, there is no group, and if you feel you're left out of one, you've done it to yourself.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-10-2005, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Unfortunately you're ignorant. Before you're so quick to dismiss what we're alerted you to, take a step back and another look.

You're so cool Mari. I guess lagringader&r was just trying to be cool when she expressed what she did with her no doubt upsetting post. I suggest you turn it around and see how pathetic it is that when being alerted to what plenty of others see here, you (not specifically you but inclusively) just ridicule and repress them further. Kind of proves the point in a way.
What's the point in dissecting a message board attacking its posters Lux?

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 07-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

There's always some lame parent in every sport. Sorry bout that. Hopefully she is the only one?

Old 07-10-2005, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux

I definitely wasn't trying to be cool. I think this is up there with one of the most uncool things I've ever had to do (the situation with my dad). I spend every spare moment I have when we get back from sitting with him just trying to escape it. Thank gawd for Stevie Nicks is all I can say. I do think there is a *popular* group here. I know there are some posters who would rather slit their wrists then respond to anything I have to say. Why? Probably because I am real (not that anyone else isn't), but I post about who I am and what I've done in my life along with posts about FM videos and my fave songs of Stevie's. I haven't led the cleanest of lives. What I've done doesn't go down well with some people. It isn't *proper* or *cool*. I think when I posted about my dad there might have been a few people here who even rolled their eyes, talked about me behind my back or made the finger-down-the-throat-gag motion. Then, there are the others who were nice and even pmed me to make me feel better. So, it's a mixed group. I do definitely think there is a *group* though. Unless I say the funniest things and have the sharpest and quickest comebacks, I'm pretty much f*cked at fitting into it.

(My tone isn't meant to offend anyone and I'm sorry if it does. I'm just saying how I feel).
Old 07-10-2005, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Being ill is an annoyance

Well last night Deb thought I was having a stroke when my one side of my face started to go numb and then my speech started slurring, But I took some meds and started to improve immediately...Still having a tingling sensation in the right side of my head even now.

My health this week will determine if I make the July 17th Stevie Nicks show in Grand Prairie...If I dont feel well I wont push myself to attend. Also I dont know how the affect of travel will affect me either, I do know that loud sounds as of late have worsen my chronic headaches (If I do attend I will be wearing earplugs for health reasons, Not to avoid hearing the same setlist from previous nights )

Adding to my health fun is that I have been bottle feeding 2 kittens whose Mother died after giving birth...They are now a week old and healthy, Couldnt think of any of the typical names I give our pets so I named 'em Missy (Near black calico) & Rufus (A reverse tuxedo-Meaning instead of white on black his fur markings are black on white).

Ain't life fun?

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I definitely wasn't trying to be cool. I think this is up there with one of the most uncool things I've ever had to do (the situation with my dad). I spend every spare moment I have when we get back from sitting with him just trying to escape it. Thank gawd for Stevie Nicks is all I can say. I do think there is a *popular* group here. I know there are some posters who would rather slit their wrists then respond to anything I have to say. Why? Probably because I am real (not that anyone else isn't), but I post about who I am and what I've done in my life along with posts about FM videos and my fave songs of Stevie's. I haven't led the cleanest of lives. What I've done doesn't go down well with some people. It isn't *proper* or *cool*. I think when I posted about my dad there might have been a few people here who even rolled their eyes, talked about me behind my back or made the finger-down-the-throat-gag motion. Then, there are the others who were nice and even pmed me to make me feel better. So, it's a mixed group. I do definitely think there is a *group* though. Unless I say the funniest things and have the sharpest and quickest comebacks, I'm pretty much f*cked at fitting into it.

(My tone isn't meant to offend anyone and I'm sorry if it does. I'm just saying how I feel).
Do you really think that some people would rather slit their wrists than respond to your posts?? I honestly can't imagine that, but then, I'm not everyone, clearly. I don't think that "rolled their eyes, made gagging motions" thing could possibly be true, either. Who would think like that??? And I think even the people who like funny posts would still respond to you, sometimes. But if not, you are probably merely one of, oh, 10,000 or so people that they wouldn't respond to, anyways. And, lots of times, the gay boys like to talk to the other gay boys. No big. You have to admit, there are millions of people on here who do respond to you, that you could and do talk to. And as for others, well, give them a chance, you just got here. Just saying. I don't think anyone purposefully sets out to have a group, but just like all people, different people respond to different things. I'm sure you, yourself, respond to certain things more than others. yeah? Heck, barely anyone here talked to me for like, a month when i started posting. But I didn't talk about a "group", I just kept butting in and saying things when I felt like it, about things they were talking about, or whatever. And still, again, there are people who never talk to me. It really isn't a big deal. And, for the record, I think you are nice, insightful, and interesting.

Old 07-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Don't worry, Lux wasn't accusing you of trying to be cool; she knew you weren't and was being sarcastic because people accused her of trying to be cool, or something, and she was trying to make a comparison to expose how ridiculous their argument was.

Don't worry either if you can't keep up with how ridiculous all of this is, on all sides. Neither can the vast majority of us, so don't even try.
-Ani Difranco
Old 07-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
Well last night Deb thought I was having a stroke when my one side of my face started to go numb and then my speech started slurring, But I took some meds and started to improve immediately...Still having a tingling sensation in the right side of my head even now.

My health this week will determine if I make the July 17th Stevie Nicks show in Grand Prairie...If I dont feel well I wont push myself to attend. Also I dont know how the affect of travel will affect me either, I do know that loud sounds as of late have worsen my chronic headaches (If I do attend I will be wearing earplugs for health reasons, Not to avoid hearing the same setlist from previous nights )

Adding to my health fun is that I have been bottle feeding 2 kittens whose Mother died after giving birth...They are now a week old and healthy, Couldnt think of any of the typical names I give our pets so I named 'em Missy (Near black calico) & Rufus (A reverse tuxedo-Meaning instead of white on black his fur markings are black on white).

Ain't life fun?
Sorry, Brian. Did they find out what's wrong with you??? I thought you had an appointment for that. I hope you feel better, someday, and that you make the show. Actually, I know it's a pain, but I'm jealous you have two sweet kittens. Sorry their mom died, though. I love tortoishells (the near black calico).