Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-03-2003, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Rick Vito's 'Intuition'

Many thanks to Neil (Nodmod) for sharing the "Other Side Of The Mask" tracks at his site. http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com

I just listened to Rick Vito's "Intuition" (which appeared officially on his King Of Hearts album with Stevie singing backgrounds) . How could this have NOT been in the final tracklist for Behind The Mask??? The background vocals (with Christine VERY obvious) are great! The Fleetwood/McVie rhythm section is JUST what was EXACTLY missing from Rick's solo version.

Last edited by chiliD; 04-03-2003 at 12:55 PM..
Old 04-03-2003, 12:30 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm listening to that right at the moment, what a GREAT SONG!!!

These two songs alone just prove my point that Rick & Billy were just painfully under-utilized...both of these songs have that "hit" sound...both have great "hooks". Just makes me think "what could've been".
Old 04-03-2003, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I completely agree. I have that Other Side Of The Mask CD and both "Intuition" & "Got No Home" are terrific. In my opinion, both of these songs are better than "Stand On The Rock" or "Love Is Dangerous". And, Billy's "Victim Of Love" is great also. I don't care what anyone says, this album is very good and could have been even better.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:12 PM
thewhitewingedd
Old 04-03-2003, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Oh Yeah

Just wanted to give Neil a special shout out and say thank you very much for posting these songs. They sound great and you are doubling my BTM music collection....wooohooo! Much appreciated Neil!

And I agree with everything that everyone's said here(oh except for the favorite lineup thing...sorry Adam)!

What might have been?!

Joe

Last edited by jwd; 04-03-2003 at 07:07 PM..
Old 04-04-2003, 04:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

Talking

It is so nice to see that many more FM fans are coming to appreciate and enjoy the talents of Rick Vito and Billy Burnette.

Two truly talented artists and truly great people!

Michele
Old 04-05-2003, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't understand what was wrong with this track that was left out of Behind The Mask... What's wrong with having a 14-track album? The Beatles used to do that... way back in the 60's... and if they did want a 13-track album, well... "Stand On The Rock"... it's a good track, but not as good as this one!!!

I would kill for a studio-quality version of this!!!

Song of the moment - The Second Time
Old 04-05-2003, 11:08 PM
thewhitewingedd
Old 04-06-2003, 10:35 AM
Senior Ledgie

It's a complete mystery to me why Intuition, Got No Home and Victim of Love were left off BTM. All three are amazing songs and really should have made the cut.

I like the version of Intuition from the outtakes disc better than the King of Hearts version. Don't get me wrong, I love the KOH version but the FM Intuition is just so great.

Both Rick and Billy were not used to thier full potential during their time with FM. They both could have contributed so much to the band and made another two or three very strong and solid albums.

It's such a shame they were only seen as "Lindsey's replacements".
Old 04-06-2003, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by saintbernard
It's such a shame they were only seen as "Lindsey's replacements".
I agree, I guess that's what I find annoying about these SYW articles is that some of them go so far as to insinuate that RV & Billy were "temporary fill ins", like there was this "given" that LB was going to return to FM.

John
Old 04-06-2003, 12:26 PM
thewhitewingedd
Old 04-06-2003, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe Rick pulled it out of the running because he wanted it for his own project

Adam I don't think Rick was even thinking about solo projects at that time. I would say it was just one of those band decisions. We all know over the years that some great songs have been left off of Fleetwod Mac's albums, especially in Stevie's case.

Joe
Old 04-06-2003, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by thewhitewingedd
I'm wondering if there would still be a Fleetwood Mac today if these guys hadn't been involved...I myself don't think so...
Well, if Rick & Billy weren't to be there it would've just been someone else that would have been "hired and then ignored" as Mick BACK THEN was in (what I personally deem as...) the right frame of mind of getting "replacements" (though PERMANENT with NO "assumption" that LB (& SN for that matter later on) would be back, therefore NOT "temps" or whatever meaningless terms they (& DM & Bekka) are being referred to today as) and going on whereas NOW Mick has decided to just pucker up and do whatever Lindsey (& Stevie) want (since he knows he won't get Peter to rejoin and that's the only other lineup he'll acknowledge) so assuming LB & SN want to do solo albums after SYW, Mick will not do any Mac stuff until they are good and ready to come back and do one (even if it is 2013 before the next FM album, if there even IS going to be one).

Maybe I'm wrong, and I hope I am, but I'd be surprised if Mick ever gets a "new" member of FM ever again. Go on Mick, prove me wrong, I dare ya!

John
Old 04-07-2003, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by wetcamelfood
Maybe I'm wrong, and I hope I am, but I'd be surprised if Mick ever gets a "new" member of FM ever again. Go on Mick, prove me wrong, I dare ya!

DITTO!!!!