Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-05-2006, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Rock Star-Supernova

Who's watching? So far, the girls are kicking the boys butts, imo. Although I didn't care much for Jenny.

Gotta give it up for the homegirl, Patrice Pike (she's the one who did Somebody to Love). She's been around the local scene a long time, I hope she does well, she deserves it.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia
Who's watching? So far, the girls are kicking the boys butts, imo. Although I didn't care much for Jenny.

Gotta give it up for the homegirl, Patrice Pike (she's the one who did Somebody to Love). She's been around the local scene a long time, I hope she does well, she deserves it.
She was really, really good- I think vocally, she was the best. I also liked Storm and Dilana (SO nasty- I *love* it!). None of the guys really impressed me.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am!! I only got to see the last half though. Lukas scares the hell outta me, but he was really really good. I cant wait to see an entire show, then I'll make my picks.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm going to vote for some of them but I can't remember their names. The girl that did the Nirvana song is scary. I liked the guy from Australia and the girl that sang first. I didn't care for the Puerto Rican girl's voice but she had stage presence. The girl that did Janis reminded me just a tad too much of Pamela Anderson.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Dilana, Jill and Matt like FM:

http://music.msn.com/themusic/dilana
http://music.msn.com/themusic/jill
http://rockstar.msn.com/themusic/matt

Last edited by Livia; 07-05-2006 at 10:16 PM..
Old 07-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So far I'm not into any of the singers unlike last year when I loved Jordis right from the start. I thought a lot of them sucked. The guy doing "Roxanne" was one of the worst things I've ever heard. I thought Dana (I think) who did Melissa Etheridge has a good voice. The Nirvana chick was creepy.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC
She was really, really good- I think vocally, she was the best. I also liked Storm and Dilana (SO nasty- I *love* it!). None of the guys really impressed me.

Exactly. I love that crazy bitch, she's exactly what they need.

I didn't watch last season, but happened to turn it on last night. Ended up voting for Dilana, Storm, Lukas & the little blond chick that did Janis.

The guy who mauled Roxanne should go. Like, now. The other boys were OK, but nothing special. The Puerto Rican girl is gorgeous, and has a nice voice, but it was obvious that she was way out of her range with the Evanesence tune. I don't think she's good enough.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
The guy who mauled Roxanne should go. Like, now.
I think he will end up going home tonight especially since Gilby told him he sucked.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How mortifying for that Roxanne dude....but he deserved it. That was just....painful. Buh-bye.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden braid
The Nirvana chick was creepy.
She sure was.

I love this show and happy it's back. I agree that the women were much better than the guys. Although I like Ryan.

Dave Navarro still bugs the f*ck out of me, though.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia

Ohmigod - I knew I recognized her (and her voice). I was flipping between the Dance contest & Rockstar, and I only caught her halfway through her song. I obviously missed her bio...

I used to go to Sister7 shows on 6th St. with some lesbian friends. They were all about The Patrice. She has certainly changed (in 10 years). Still sounds great tho. It's a shame she never got more support - that band had some great songs.

As for the show ... meh. The band said several times they were looking for "nasty" and "dirty", and the only one who really fit that bill was the last guy Lukas (?).
Old 07-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lukas was the only talented guy of the night...we'll see what happens, though. I think I lot of the boys were really nervous, first night jitters...

Yeah, I've always liked Sister7...the badass player from that band (Derrell?) plays with the Dirty Wormz now. I like them too.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not sure how much stock I put into this years contest. At least INXS was an established band. Who knows though, we'el see.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxxed
As for the show ... meh. The band said several times they were looking for "nasty" and "dirty", and the only one who really fit that bill was the last guy Lukas (?).
And the crazy gal Dilana. My money's on her.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

I really didn't want to watch this again because I could care less about any band with Tommy Lee in it, but I got sucked back in though I don't for how long. There's a person there from close to where I live; he's from Ocean City, MD; I think his name is Phillip. He was in the bottom three last night, & I hate to say it, but I can see why. He's not very good. Anyway, I fell asleep at the end, so I'm not sure who left. I'm not sure of all their names yet either. I did like the girl with the guitar. I don't know why, but she reminded me of Sheryl Crow. And I like the guy that sang after her on Wednesday, not sure of his same. Everyone is just so strange looking; so many tattoos. Could they pick a stranger group? Oh well, maybe one of them will fit in with "Supernova".

Lee