The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just donated $12. Totally worth it to me as I have been on this board now for 9 years and it has supplied me with endless enjoyment and entertainment over the years. I wish I would've donated sooner and more often.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I've been getting that impression with this thread as I've been reading it, too. Beginning to feel as though us "non-supporters" are going to have a stigma attached to us from now on because of what's happening.

I genuinely cannot afford the money to support.

If someone can't afford it, that is understandable. I've had plenty of times in my life where I couldn't have afforded it. We're just trying to encourage people who can afford it to contribute. I don't want anyone to feel stigmatized. People will do what they can. I think everyone will accept that.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Besides paying money, are there any other ways Ledgies can help?
Old 03-21-2012, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If you are on Twitter, please follow me @CA_Dream and RT in the campaign to advertise the sale & ask for supporting members.

Thanks!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Someone said somewhere that there were only 31 people who were supporting ledgies (don't know how accurate this figure is?) but that means there are at least a couple of hundred regular users who aren't. Surely they can't all be too poor to contribute...
supporting members <---info avail here.

adsense should be bringing in $$$ on the impressions alone. yes/no?

i have been a supporting memeber for YEARS. i am lucky to have extra at the time of renewal and i understand totally those that are unable to. but i also believe there are those that can and are simply unaware of the option -- pretty sure many do not linger in FAQ long enough to notice, if at all.

if you can, do. if you cant, dont. i do find a tad lame those that can but wont with the reasoning given due to a potentially limited time frame the ledge will be here. maybe time for a bit of payback for what you have enjoyed for so f'in long?! close your eyes, imagine you are purchasing stevie's newest CD release, or the Buckingham Nicks ANEW album...im thinking most would be all over those purchases.

perhaps the ledge should consider the change to paying membership -- pay or dont play.

Last edited by BTFLCHLD; 03-21-2012 at 11:52 AM..
Old 03-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post

perhaps the ledge should consider the change to paying membership -- pay or dont play.
That would remove a lot of the regular posters from the equation, me included. If we can't afford to support The Ledge, we can't afford to pay for a membership.

Simple.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm considering becoming a Supporting Ledgie for the 6 month version. I'm just concerned about PayPal and putting in my checking account/debit card number. I've never used PayPal.

I like the idea of having a higher limit of PM's as I've had to delete alot I wanted to save since I've been here.

So if you like PMing, remember that extra perk!
Old 03-21-2012, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Simple.
Correct.

The idea of pay or dont play is for those interested in saving fleetwoodmac.net NOT necessarily forum chatroom frolics. There are forums available for FREE to create as well as other unledge forums to participate in.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I decided to become a supporting member now even though it may not help save the site. But, I've enjoyed hanging out here for a few years and I can afford $12 in the hopes that things may turn around. I encourage anyone who can afford the $12 for a one-year membership to please do the same. It may not be a guarantee that your money will save the site, but if you don't support it definitely won't. Also, it doesn't mean another solution won't come along later. Personally, it's worth the investment to me to hope the site won't go away. I dare say I've gotten $12 worth of entertainment in this year alone -- and wasted more than that at the movies.
Ditto .
Old 03-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If I counted correctly there are now 34 supporting members. It would take $7 a month per member to cover the monthly fees-or roughly 200 more members to become supporting members.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Correct.

The idea of pay or dont play is for those interested in saving fleetwoodmac.net NOT necessarily forum chatroom frolics. There are forums available for FREE to create as well as other unledge forums to participate in.
I agree, it's really just the discography I care about (or well, I wouldn't mind chiping in for a ledge w/o chit chat). If I could buy just the discog part of the site I might consider that but I don't thnk that's do-able so hopefully we can come up with something.

John
Old 03-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I posted this in the other thread, but if you've got any questions/comments/concerns/ideas/etc regarding being a Supporting Ledgie, the possible sale or closure of the Ledge, please send a private message to Michelej1. Thanks!
Old 03-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I posted this in the other thread, but if you've got any questions/comments/concerns/ideas/etc regarding being a Supporting Ledgie, the possible sale or closure of the Ledge, please send a private message to Michelej1. Thanks!
I had discussed my idea with Marty when he was selling but he said it wouldn't be possible to only buy part of the site. I only said what I did to point out in agreement with BTFLCHLD that some care more about some parts of the site than others etc.

John
Old 03-21-2012, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i do find a tad lame those that can but wont with the reasoning given due to a potentially limited time frame the ledge will be here. maybe time for a bit of payback for what you have enjoyed for so f'in long?!

May I be honest? I have been here for going on 9 years(with a couple of years missing in action), and of course I love this place. That said, I belong to several boards, and I've never had to pay to belong to another, so that was kind of a foreign concept to me. I guess I'd never really thought about how much it cost to keep one running(I probably would have assumed 10% of what it actually is).

So when I found out that it was in danger of closing, of course I was willing to become a supporting member....I had actually been considering doing far more than that.

BUT, when posts like the above, attempt to SHAME those of us who haven't been supporting members before, into joining, regardless of any questions we may have, well, SHAME on you, for being so aggressive, and condescending. Posts like the above may actually stop people from obtaining supporting status.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:06 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
May I be honest? I have been here for going on 9 years(with a couple of years missing in action), and of course I love this place. That said, I belong to several boards, and I've never had to pay to belong to another, so that was kind of a foreign concept to me. I guess I'd never really thought about how much it cost to keep one running(I probably would have assumed 10% of what it actually is).

So when I found out that it was in danger of closing, of course I was willing to become a supporting member....I had actually been considering doing far more than that.

BUT, when posts like the above, attempt to SHAME those of us who haven't been supporting members before, into joining, regardless of any questions we may have, well, SHAME on you, for being so aggressive, and condescending. Posts like the above may actually stop people from obtaining supporting status.