In the movie it will
Old 02-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
Did their relationship last 6 years? I think not

By the time Dennis died Christine was involved with Eddy Quintela

Gail
The movie will have her on the shore, frantically trying to get to him as he succumbs to the waves.

Michele
Old 02-06-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The movie will have her on the shore, frantically trying to get to him as he succumbs to the waves.

Michele
She's underwater playing Songbird at the end.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Vera is American, no?
Old 02-07-2012, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Vera is American, no?
Yes, she was born here, but her parents were immigrants and English was not her first language. I read that she even started in a Ukranian school at first.

Michele
Old 02-09-2012, 10:31 AM

Did it say when the movie was due out?
Old 02-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Did it say when the movie was due out?
No, I don't even know when it starts shooting. Michele
Old 02-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, I don't even know when it starts shooting. Michele
I thought it said shooting was starting in June. Given a standard 3-month shoot for this kind of movie, I would say this will be finished in time for release during the post-holiday doldrums in early 2013.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I thought it said shooting was starting in June. Given a standard 3-month shoot for this kind of movie, I would say this will be finished in time for release during the post-holiday doldrums in early 2013.
In the Meantime
Old 02-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I went back and saw June 15, in California and Georgia. I'd love to see the real Christine in Savannah.

Michele
Old 02-09-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Yes, I went back and saw June 15, in California and Georgia. I'd love to see the real Christine in Savannah.

Michele
that would be pure bliss.. Makes me wonder how much footage is out there unpublished..
Old 02-10-2012, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Farmiga To Play McVie In Dennis Wilson Biopic30 January 2012 2:06 PM, PST | WENN | See recent WENN news »

Actress Vera Farmiga has signed on to play former Fleetwood Mac star Christine McVie in a new Dennis Wilson biopic.

The Up in the Air star won the role thanks to her likeness to McVie and her musical talents - the actress is a trained pianist.

She'll join Aaron Eckhart, who will portray Wilson, in The Drummer.

The film charts the last six years of Wilson's life. He and McVie had a passionate and tumultuous relationship in which they served as each other's inspiration.

Farmiga will both sing and play the piano in the film.

Director Randall Miller tells WENN, "She has a number of duets with Eckhart in the film. The combination of Aaron and Vera will be pure magic."

The film starts shooting in June.

This seems to elude that the film is going to be largely based on their relationship alone. Are they planning on doing the entire film about Chris and Dennis...and nothing else?

Either way, it will be interesting...I hope, factual.
Has anyone read any reaction from Christine?
Old 02-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy4life View Post

This seems to elude that the film is going to be largely based on their relationship alone. Are they planning on doing the entire film about Chris and Dennis...and nothing else?

Either way, it will be interesting...I hope, factual.
It really does seem that this movie is going to be based mostly on Christine and Dennis, that is, if the early press is any indication. I have seen nothing mentioned about the role of Shawn Marie Love, who I assumed would be the focus of the movie, since they were married at the time of his death. But if you really think about it, it is likely that Christine had to deal with Dennis when he was at his worst- kind of bouncing along the rock bottom until the inevitable. And from a cinematic standpoint, this is a film about musicians, so music will play a central role. If I recall correctly, I believe Christine sold her publishing many years ago, so I suspect we will see a lot of her songs featured in the film, regardless of whether or not Christine wants it. It remains to be seen the extent to which the rest of Fleetwood Mac will be featured!
Old 02-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That is what I've been wondering since this news surfaced. I suspect the Dennis Wilson episode in her life is something she'd rather leave behind. She loved him madly, it was a sick relationship in many ways, she left him, he died tragically. Although she was in a new relationship by the time he died, it was still a huge shock and a loss for her. These aren't happy memories for her, and maybe this movie is digging up a time in her life that she'd rather stay buried.

On the other hand, being the first member of Fleetwood Mac to be portrayed in a dramatic film is something of a feather in her cap. She's probably curious to see "herself" on the screen. Who wouldn't be? I'm not familiar with the actress (I don't watch many current movies) but she seems like a good casting choice. I think it's actually possible the portrayal will be complimentary to Christine.

Will the other members of FM also be depicted in the movie, in minor roles?
Old 02-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
It really does seem that this movie is going to be based mostly on Christine and Dennis, that is, if the early press is any indication. I have seen nothing mentioned about the role of Shawn Marie Love, who I assumed would be the focus of the movie, since they were married at the time of his death. But if you really think about it, it is likely that Christine had to deal with Dennis when he was at his worst- kind of bouncing along the rock bottom until the inevitable. And from a cinematic standpoint, this is a film about musicians, so music will play a central role. If I recall correctly, I believe Christine sold her publishing many years ago, so I suspect we will see a lot of her songs featured in the film, regardless of whether or not Christine wants it. It remains to be seen the extent to which the rest of Fleetwood Mac will be featured!
Christine's publishing company called Alimony Music.
Is this supposed to be veiled picking upon ex-husband John?

In 1984 Alimony Music (BMI)/Cement Chicken Music ASCAP Lyrics reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.

http://discog.fleetwoodmac.net/songs...379&perfid=810