User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-05-2018, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I do consider BuckVie the best MAC album since Mirage. But, you know, that pesky matter of not calling it Fleetwood Mac.

And as much as the record works VERY well as it is, I would have loved four more songs on it from Stevie--and the can opened on LB's five songs to include Christine's vocals as well.
So we agree....

And where does the blame lie with that problem?

O.G.B.

And yes, it IS the best Mac album since Mirage! Aural candy.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
At the time, there was some speculation (maybe wishful thinking) that the title 'In the Meantime' meant 'whilst waiting to rejoin Fleetwood Mac.' Now it is clear that that was, indeed, the meaning. I recall at the time Christine saying the title had a personal meaning that she wasn't going to reveal.

I wish the old Christine McVie website from that era was still extant. There were some good discussions on the message board on that site.
I think the title In The Meantime is something way more personal that she wont share. I don't think its about wanting to join Fleetwood Mac again. In 2004 she was adamant she was done touring and would not even fly anywhere to promote the album. She never even performed any of the songs live or on video for an audience. The interviews she did do in 2004 she swore up and down she was done with touring and with Fleetwood Mac. She hit rock bottom many years later probably 2010 when depression was in full swing and she realized her isolated life is not what she truly wanted.
But you never know. I have always wanted to know the meaning especially since she is so secretive about it. She almost snapped at a reporter for asking what it meant
Old 09-05-2018, 04:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Elementary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I have always wanted to know the meaning especially since she is so secretive about it.
Christine seemed to always be pining for home ("Temporary One" is the most literal one, but there are some references in other songs).

So (puts on Sherlock cap)... maybe "In The Meantime" is a reference to living in Greenwich Mean Time (i.e. living in the UK), which she was finally doing again after three long decades? The Greenwich observatory is very close to Kent.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Christine seemed to always be pining for home ("Temporary One" is the most literal one, but there are some references in other songs).

So (puts on Sherlock cap)... maybe "In The Meantime" is a reference to living in Greenwich Mean Time (i.e. living in the UK), which she was finally doing again after three long decades? The Greenwich observatory is very close to Kent.
Who knows but have you seen the interview where she blocks the interviewer from even asking the question. Christine says something like "its not about waiting around to making music but I am not going to say so don't ask me the question. Its personal". Something like that. I got the feeling it was something about a jilted relationship she had and was the inspiration for Liar.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Here's the interview:

The question about the title 'In the Meantime' is at 2:44.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I think the title In The Meantime is something way more personal that she wont share. I don't think its about wanting to join Fleetwood Mac again. In 2004 she was adamant she was done touring and would not even fly anywhere to promote the album. She never even performed any of the songs live or on video for an audience. The interviews she did do in 2004 she swore up and down she was done with touring and with Fleetwood Mac. She hit rock bottom many years later probably 2010 when depression was in full swing and she realized her isolated life is not what she truly wanted.
But you never know. I have always wanted to know the meaning especially since she is so secretive about it. She almost snapped at a reporter for asking what it meant
I agree. In The Meantime, she revealed during the 2014/2015 tour that it meant that she was doing this and FMac was doing that.

However, during the ITM era, she would not reveal what it meant saying it was personal.

I also think we are overstating how much she wanted to record on SYW. At that time she was loving retirement. It wasn't until AFTER ITM that I believe she started drinking and getting herself into real trouble. She was even asked to play during the 2009 tour and declined. I also remember she had a Q&A that vanished in thin air right after the album.

I remember missing her quite a bit. SYW left me realizing how important she is. Only for $tevie and her inflated $ales ego to ruin a legacy.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Here's the interview:

The question about the title 'In the Meantime' is at 2:44.
I remember this. I just ref. this in my last post.