User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Ocean View Post

Another example of his passive-aggressive behaviour is in DR, when he says "I own the masters", implying he might take his songs and go home if he doesn't get his way on the double album, without actually threatening to do it.
I know, but I understand that action, because Mick was with him on the doublealbum idea from the start on. He was willing to fold his GOS in a mac album, as long as that 13- to 17 track batch would NOT be pulled down to a 6 or 7 poptrack-batch. And in the end Mick backed out on the idea. He was just confronting Mick with the fact that those tracks should see the light of day like they were meant to. You can call it passive - agressive, you can also see it as a reasonable argument to push the rest of the band to be careful with what he envisioned with these songs.

In the end, it was a compromise. Good for politics, not for art.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I still want Given Thing to see the light of day, it maybe was my fave GOS track. but I dont't think this was it. He had a instrumental track without lyrics. Although it was not much of a lyric, Given Thing had words. Great that they share songwriterscredits on some of these tracks...

Old 05-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
Girl. Is. Orange.

Hahahaha.This reminds me when I scanned a photo of my late dad with his girl friend years ago and printed them out and the faces were red.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-06-2014, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Family Man is the most beautifully produced Mac track between the release of Gypsy and No Limit.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Mostly kidding. That's good, but I'd like something a little more concrete before I let myself become optimistic. The reason people don't understand is because Stevie won't talk about it. She hasn't mentioned a FM album even once this year. And the band members don't exactly have anything very optimistic to say about it either. Regarding Stevie, that is.

She could clear up the misunderstanding very easily and quickly.
yes. it would be much more reassuring if we heard that everything will be ok from band's side.

they all talked about the recording of a new FM album, except Stevie. if she mentioned new FM album once in all her interviews people would have much less reason to speculate.

if she's contractually obligated to release another solo album as many here are saying, and that contract dates back to 1996 (that seems way too long?), why didn't she have the same problems recording SYW (they were seriously considering Interscope at the time), or EP last year, or her Sound City and other recent releases that were not on WB?

i know nothing about how these contracts work, just wondering if someone else does?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-06-2014, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes. it would be much more reassuring if we heard that everything will be ok from band's side.

they all talked about the recording of a new FM album, except Stevie. if she mentioned new FM album once in all her interviews people would have much less reason to speculate.

if she's contractually obligated to release another solo album as many here are saying, and that contract dates back to 1996 (that seems way too long?), why didn't she have the same problems recording SYW (they were seriously considering Interscope at the time), or EP last year, or her Sound City and other recent releases that were not on WB?

i know nothing about how these contracts work, just wondering if someone else does?
I remember reading somewhere that Stevie's Enchanted box set finished up her prior contract with Atlantic, and that TISL was the first record she released on her most recent, 5-album deal with WB/Reprise.

Unless she is contractually obligated to release an album by a certain year, it's hard to see why her WB contract would prevent her from contributing work to a new FM album before she finishes up her WB contract.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Hahahaha.This reminds me when I scanned a photo of my late dad with his girl friend years ago and printed them out and the faces were red.
It reminds me of Stevie saying:

Quote:
I haven't laid out in the sun since I was 28. While everyone else is out there burning up, I'm walking around going, 'When I do look 60, you will all look 100. Enjoy it now because you aren't going to be happy when I look young enough to get a date and you don't.' I'll still be going out when I'm 75. Everybody else will be in the rest home!
Old 05-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
I remember reading somewhere that Stevie's Enchanted box set finished up her prior contract with Atlantic, and that TISL was the first record she released on her most recent, 5-album deal with WB/Reprise.
She bought out her Modern Records contract for $125,000 and then went with WB.

Michele
Old 05-06-2014, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
The reason people don't understand is because Stevie won't talk about it. She hasn't mentioned a FM album even once this year. And the band members don't exactly have anything very optimistic to say about it either. Regarding Stevie, that is.

She could clear up the misunderstanding very easily and quickly.
Very true, very true. We should note, though, that Stevie hasn't talked about her album at all either. The only info we've gotten about it has been from Dave Stewart and Mick.

So my view is that it's not necessarily a bad or troubling sign that she hasn't discussed Fleetwood Mac's album. She's been mum regarding both projects.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In another thread (in the Rumours forum) there's an interview (audio) with Lindsey talking about what they've been doing at the Village Recorder. He says they've been there for 8 weeks altogether, him and Christine, and the goal has been to get Chris up to speed and back on track with writing and recording with him/FM and that's what they've done. So it makes sense-- at least to me-- that Stevie wasn't there. It was more like, you guys go to the Village Recorder and get Christine all spooled up and I'll be in Nashville with Dave getting myself and MY music spooled up and at some point when we all come back into the studio together as FLEETWOOD MAC we will all work together to create a FM album". It doesn't sound like the goal in LA was to create a FM album at all, but to help Chris blow the dust off and be ready when they DO go in to put together an album. At least that's my take. YMMV
Old 05-06-2014, 04:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default family man...

Someone calling that the most well produced song between Gypsy and anything is more than a stretch. I had a good laugh at that one. Definitely a Lindsey dud.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes I agree with you bombaysaffires and just posted about this in another thread. I would be very surprised if Stevie hadn't planned the Nashville recording session many months ago - just organising a time when Dave Stewart would be available would be a nightmare in itself (he's constantly travelling around the world working with all manner of people).
Yes Johnny, it's interesting to me that Stevie has kept quiet about both the Mac album and her own project - it's usually the case that you can't shut her up, but when it comes to creating, she likes to be left to her own devices and not pressured by speculation - the very thing most of us are actually doing!
Old 05-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
Family Man is alright but I Cant STAND the Remixes

I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM

I just want to yell "NO LINDSEY YOU'RE NOT"
to me it always sounded like he was saying "I yam what I yam I yam what I yam" etc etc…. Like he was Popeye or something. Always made me laugh.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
to me it always sounded like he was saying "I yam what I yam I yam what I yam" etc etc…. Like he was Popeye or something. Always made me laugh.
If You Listen To It Backwards You Hear "I Am What I Fu***a Am"
Old 05-07-2014, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Does Christine have false teeth?
Dentures or caps. I keep noticing them, because I loved her formerly crooked teeth.