Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-30-2003, 10:02 AM
Junior Ledgie

Smile Friday, Ny Post Cindy Adams: Lindsey

Just wanted to let you know that in fridays new york post:
nypost.com

under cindy adams: great little article about cindy helping linds wife get diamond earrings to match her new diamond necklace linds bought her for mothers day.

interesting to read about their new house too....

thanx, c ya...
Old 05-30-2003, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Ooh, it's good to be Mrs. B!
Old 05-30-2003, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is the article in its entirity. This paints Kristen in a..well... not-so-nice light. I think Cindy probably made Lindsey feel a little bad. Krikey. Cut the guy a break, he got you an effing diamond necklace and built you a kingdom "in that house on the hill" and you probably stay at home with a nanny and two children I still think Kristen is a nice person but I do have to say this makes both Kristen AND Stevie sound like self-indulgent assholes. At any rate, she's certainly trading in her little wilderness Wisconsin/Michigan whatever the hell, look she once had for a Rodeo Drive look. I tend to believe Lindsey fell for her because she didn't look typically "Hollywood." I digress. LOL. At any rate, it'll make you laugh out loud for sure. I certainly did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May 30, 2003 -- I PERFORMED social work this week. I did a service for mankind. Possibly maybe I even saved a human life al though that's not definite.
I went forth into foreign terrain. Fleetwood Mac's first together-again concert in the New York area in seven years. I went into even foreigner terrain — New Jersey. I went with the band's producer/architect/hotshot guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, who was at the Ritz under an alias. The now four-person bunch — Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey — all stay at different hotels.

Lindsey's transport was a limo so stretched that it reached the Lincoln Tunnel while still parked at the Ritz. And what's their tour bus like? "We don't do buses. We have our own 727." Right. OK.

I was told to wear flats. Lindsey's stunner blonde wife, Kirsten, featured 4-inch stiletto boots. I was told to go casual. She was in jeans and scoopneck sweater with a diamond necklace — considered casual, since she didn't have matching earrings.

We left at 4:30 p.m. for the 8:15 concert. Sound check is early because, whatever the voodoo that she do, Stevie, who brings her two Yorkies, "needs three hours to get ready." Why? "She gets a massage." But if you have to get "up" for a performance, isn't massage relaxing, not stimulating? Lindsey, who "personally could arrive 15 minutes before and walk right onstage," doesn't know. He only knows she needs three hours to get ready.

At rehearsal Mick Fleetwood sported a neon turquoise jacket. Stevie, with rollers in her hair, said: "Today's my birthday. I'm 55. Not my favorite, because it means I'm getting close to 60."

Holding son, Will, 41/2, and daughter LeeLee, 21/2, Lindsey said: "I used to start my day at 7 p.m. and finish with the sun. The road was three times crazier. A critical mess. An exercise in denial. We were wild animals who couldn't start working even in a studio at 11 a.m. In R 'n' R, they say you're burned out in your 40s. I'm 53. And now I'm living a simple life."

"Simple" is their new Bel Air home — 8,000 square feet, plus cabanas, pool, grounds, 1,200-square-foot studio — all of which an architect built as an authentic hacienda after "we got books, then explored to death every Spanish house we could find in Montecito and Santa Barbara" and after "pretty ballsy" Kristen personally sketched what she wanted.

Lindsey, soft-spoken, easy, pleasant, in plain black pants, T-shirt and jacket, cuddling his children like any dad, anywhere: "And I'm working on having friends. Those old days I was not happy, so I was more guarded. I had girlfriends not friend friends. Now I live a 9-to-5 life and don't extend myself to things like parties."

This particular performance was the dawn of a new day. "Not as big individually as we were together," they're now a unit again and pushing their new album "Say You Will," which started as a solo but morphed into Fleetwood Mac.

"We have to rebuild. To be Fleetwood Mac 2. The whole mantra now is trust. Much as I want this to go on a dozen more years, I'm sort of waiting for the other shoe to drop. We're always stressed out. It's 75/25 we make it. Us reuniting is a minor miracle. My family at this stage of my life is a major miracle."

Being the first his kids had seen Papa Rock Star on stage, Kristen stuffed earplugs in them. As 18,000 fans began screaming, she said: "They saw him on the 'Today' show and asked, 'All those people clapping for daddy?' "

Added Kristen: "I love New York. It's the only place I can get dressed up, although we couldn't get into Le Cirque because Lindsey had no shirt or tie."

Speaking of getting dressed, what's with the diamond necklace? "I just got it," she said. "My Mother's Day gift. We bought it at Judith Ripka."

But no matching earrings? That's a shame for the neighbors, I said.

"No matching earrings," she sighed.

She needs matching earrings, I said.

"Matching earrings?" he repeated.

"Cindy says it's embarrassing I don't have matching earrings," she explained.

"But we're leaving tomorrow. No time to go back to Judith Ripka."

Always one to help the less fortunate, I rang Judith and got the matching earrings to them.

I truly believe I did some form of social work. A service for (wo)mankind. Possibly maybe even saved a human life although, like I say, that's not definite.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
Here is the article in its entirity. This paints Kristen in a..well... not-so-nice light. I think Cindy probably made Lindsey feel a little bad. Krikey. Cut the guy a break, he got you an effing diamond necklace and built you a kingdom "in that house on the hill" and you probably stay at home with a nanny and two children I still think Kristen is a nice person but I do have to say this makes both Kristen AND Stevie sound like self-indulgent assholes. At any rate, she's certainly trading in her little wilderness Wisconsin/Michigan whatever the hell, look she once had for a Rodeo Drive look. I tend to believe Lindsey fell for her because she didn't look typically "Hollywood." I digress. LOL. At any rate, it'll make you laugh out loud for sure. I certainly did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I didn't get the same take at all. The way I read it, it was all kind of humorous.

Old 05-30-2003, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Cool I read it differently too...

CINDY is the one who went BALLISTIC over Kristen not having frickin earrings. Ridiculous. I'm sure that necklace cost a ton...geez, poor Lindsey.

My fave part....the KIDS saying "All those people clapping for daddy?"

AWWW!!!!!

"Yes, baby, they are clapping for YOUR DADDY!!!"
Old 05-30-2003, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, Will and LeeLee, we all LOVE your daddy!

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN
Old 05-30-2003, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default thanks for the info!

I thought the article was cute and made me laugh. Plus it was filled with some nice behind the scene info.
AND!!! Now we know they all stay at different hotels....humm...
So chances of seeing one of them at a fancy hotel just went up, as they are spread out now...(silently thinking of Nashville).

Oh and one more thought...such a good daddy Lindsey

Tamara

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 05-30-2003, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: I read it differently too...

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
CINDY is the one who went BALLISTIC over Kristen not having frickin earrings. Ridiculous. I'm sure that necklace cost a ton...geez, poor Lindsey.

:
Don't worry he can afford it. It's not like they cleaned out the kids piggy banks.

And the part about separate hotels? Now that's far more interesting to me than the jewelry. Cindy Adams cracks me up.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Cindy Adams. I had lunch next to her one time awhile back at this pissy Upper East side rest. My table and I had had too much wine (at lunch!!! ). She was amused by us when we were all like "we love you . . . now dish!!!!!!"

Also, LB needs to buy his wife lots of jewelry to compensate for all of the LB SN gossip she has to undure!!! Then again, what man doesn't have to buy his wife jewelry or at least have her want him to buy her alot of jewelry for seemingly harmless acts?

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-30-2003, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Miranda
I didn't get the same take at all. The way I read it, it was all kind of humorous.

Very humerous! Even if someone were not familiar with Cindy's writing style and daily gossip column, this column is dripping in sarcasm and humour and it's hard to take it as anything else. I don't think it paints Kristen or Stevie in a bad light, it's a humerous take on spending the day with a (aging) rock star, written by THE most sarcastic columnist in the country.

As for diamonds and Rodeo Drive, women allover the world have diamonds and are given presents by their husbands, nice ones at that. You don't have to be married to a rock star or millionaire and the whole conversation about the earrings was very tongue in cheek. I tend to believe Lindsey fell in love with Kristen for a little more than her looks not being typical Hollywood.

BTW...what is Krikey?
Old 05-30-2003, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally posted by tamaraluvsFM
Now we know they all stay at different hotels....humm...
Yep, that's weird. What's that all about? Just varying preferences? ("I prefer the Helmsley while you prefer the Ritz")
Old 05-30-2003, 02:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Unhappy

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was weirded out by the different hotels. I dunno, the latest round of articles I've gotten to read through the site have made me seriously wonder if they get along at all, really. Not that they have to, but FM seems a whole lot more dysfunctional than we even thought, and that is both strange and sad. It makes you wonder about their future, particularly given the relatively weak sales of the album.
Old 05-30-2003, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The seperate hotels thing didn't really bother me. I'm about to take off for a weeklong trip with several of my co-workers and I'd love it if we were all staying in different hotels! I like them, we get along great, but we're spending all day together working, and then we have to have dinner and socialize together too. It's just too much togetherness--and I've only been with the company a year--I can't imagine what it must be like hanging around the same people for as long as the Mac have!

I was more interested in hearing that Stevie has to have a massage before every performance. I think we know now why she's so mellowed out on stage!
Old 05-30-2003, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I agree.

Quote:
Originally posted by anusha
I'm glad I'm not the only one who was weirded out by the different hotels. I dunno, the latest round of articles I've gotten to read through the site have made me seriously wonder if they get along at all, really. Not that they have to, but FM seems a whole lot more dysfunctional than we even thought, and that is both strange and sad. It makes you wonder about their future, particularly given the relatively weak sales of the album.
I've read this article (thank you for posting it!), along with others that have been posted on The Ledge, and caught another one on the Uk site, where both Lindsey and Stevie make mention of some strife and distancing (nice one Neil) . . . I think the band has bitten the bullet to get this tour on the road, but there are a lot of underlying issues.

The other article makes mention of Stevie cutting her solo tour short. I don't have a link to it handy, but maybe someone else can link it here.
Old 05-30-2003, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagles Mac
Seperate Hotels are done for security reasons and to give each band member their own space.....

It also sounds to me like Cindy was a wee bit catty towards Stevie for some reason.....

Saucer of milk for Miz Adams !!!!
I agree about the Stevie thing.

The hotel thing might have its source here on the Ledge. Remember those recent posts about Stevie & Lindsey carrying each other's room cards in her purse & his wallet? Obviously Kristen read them & demanded a separate hotel.

Or maybe Mick is at the Holiday Inn (to save bucks), Stevie is in a place that allows dogs (and has a dog psychic and a dog masseuse), and John just knows to steer clear of the others.

- Jake