The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-29-2003, 01:01 AM
Junior Ledgie

I was very impressed by what I saw at the Meadowlands...the fact that this 55-year old woman can get on stage and still give an amazing show shows how timeless Stevie is...she's really developed into a whole different performer over the years, and while I sometimes wish I could see a Rhiannon performance ala Live '80 or Rosebud, I realize that I should be grateful that she's still performing at all...as for Grace Slick...well, let's just say that I saw some recent clips of her and I can understand why she thinks that people over 50 shouldn't be on stage...she herself looks like **** !! I just think that she's jealous of how well Stevie has aged!

fmfreak
Old 05-29-2003, 12:38 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default I actually happen...

To really like Grace Slick, but I don't agree with what she said about people over 50 on stage...but, yes, I am glad that she's such a Stevie fan ...if only we all were !!

fmfreak
Old 05-30-2003, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My Grandmother is alot older than Stevie, and she is more energetic.

But still, I think Stevie has given us so much, and when you've been on the stage for over 20 years, you should be a little tired.
Old 05-31-2003, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with most of the posts - if Stevie was running around on stage screaming & twirling herself until she was dizzy, people would think she looked foolish at this age. She has grown so much, and she doesn't have to be that stage actress anymore. She is a classy, talented woman.
Sure, I love watching older performances, they are great - but people must evolve. I don't want to see the same thing over & over again. And I definitely don't want to see her so intoxicated she can't walk or talk, let alone sing & twirl, like I've heard from people that saw her during those crazy drug times. I think she is much smarter now as far as knowing how much she can handle without endangering her voice or her health. Paula