Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You And I Part III!!
please no.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-02-2014, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Besides, they never attempted to ever co-write, not even when they were a happy go lucky couple in the early 70's
Right and when Stevie talked about World Turning it didn't sound like the fact that they never co-wrote anything together was her choice. It didn't seem like something Lindsey even wanted to do with her in those days.

Since SYW, I think he has wanted to try to do that, but as she said, they are not Lennon and McCartney and it wouldn't work.

Michele
Old 05-02-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
To the extent that this is a message interview, I think it's pretty clear that Stevie has no plans to fly back to Los Angeles and do any FM songs. No current plans, but they probably hope some will materialize.

It seems to me that Stevie in Nashville (through Dave) and FM in Los Angeles are speaking to one another this way.

Michele
I agree. Hence my post , "Helping McVie write songs, Buckingham said to her, "is something you always wanted me to do for you, which was not necessarily the case with Stevie. She's a little more complicated in her needs."

Definitely meant to be read by the other party.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
please no.
You be quiet and go back to your subtle Stevie shaming!
Old 05-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
To the extent that this is a message interview, I think it's pretty clear that Stevie has no plans to fly back to Los Angeles and do any FM songs. No current plans, but they probably hope some will materialize.

It seems to me that Stevie in Nashville (through Dave) and FM in Los Angeles are speaking to one another this way.
yeah it's pretty transparent from both sides. like in 2012/13 when they were discussing this same album and potentially releasing some of the songs before 2013 tour.

you think FM foursome sent the article to SN as a heads up? it would seem there may be some such clauses that they all at least need to inform each other what they are putting out in press under FM heading. and since they mention at least 15, maybe 16 songs done, i'm highly amused by that exact same number of songs in DS's tweet.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes. i'm heartbroken.

i don't think there's much doubt on why they are delaying the album. and i'm extremely unhappy with them for doing it, as you can imagine.
I knew there wouldn't be anything in 2014. I just keep hoping there might be a release before the 2nd leg of the tour. When I learn that there won't be, that's when I'll be heartbroken.

Michele
Old 05-02-2014, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That was a great article. I'm really quite excited to hear about the new songs. So Chris and Lindsey actually writing songs together is a first, yes?

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
I hope you're not insinuating that it's Stevie's fault.
no, i'm saying that it's FM's fault for deciding to wait for her instead of putting the album out.

Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I agree. Hence my post , "Helping McVie write songs, Buckingham said to her, "is something you always wanted me to do for you, which was not necessarily the case with Stevie. She's a little more complicated in her needs."

Definitely meant to be read by the other party.
He's a complete idiot. The last thing he should be talking about is writing anything with her. Dave and Stevie should let Christine and Lindsey slap vocals on 3 of the songs Dave produced for Stevie and put those on an FM album along with the songs Christine and Lindsey have forged together and then put out an album. They are not going to work together as a group of 5, so work together as a group of 4 and 1 and let's just get something done.

Michele
Old 05-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
I hope you're not insinuating that it's Stevie's fault. If what Mick says is true, she should be done in Nashville this week or so. Then she can fly back to LA and finish her songs with FM. This would still leave plenty of time to release it, promote it and then tour behind it.

Jamie
I agree, Stevie obviously had "commitments" in place for 2014 before they officially declared Christine was back in the band. The "Today Show" announcement & interview about the tour and Christines return conspicuously made NO mention about any new record. That stood out like a sore thumb. That's when I knew "On With The Show" was going to simply be a "Greatest Hits" trek.
If a FM record is released, it will probably be Spring 2015, and Stevie will be involved, one way or another. Stevie's solo record will likely be released afterwards.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
That was a great article. I'm really quite excited to hear about the new songs. So Chris and Lindsey actually writing songs together is a first, yes?
No, it isn't. They wrote together in the past. They didn't sit elbow to elbow writing, but the way they described it is they gave tracks to each other and worked on each other's music, for Tango, for instance.

Michele
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
nope, they've done it since BN first joined FM.

but i don't think they've ever co-written so many songs together, at least not on one album.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He's a complete idiot.
agree.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Speaking of "On with the Show" that gave me a chuckle. Christine is like,
do you know the name of the tour? Then she says that like it's something momentous and awe-inspiring. Um, it may mean something to you guys, but it's not that authentic a tour title to us.

Michele
Old 05-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
I agree, Stevie obviously had "commitments" in place for 2014 before they officially declared Christine was back in the band. The "Today Show" announcement & interview about the tour and Christines return conspicuously made NO mention about any new record. That stood out like a sore thumb. That's when I knew "On With The Show" was going to simply be a "Greatest Hits" trek.
If a FM record is released, it will probably be Spring 2015, and Stevie will be involved, one way or another. Stevie's solo record will likely be released afterwards.
it's interesting that at the start of 2014 SN said she has no idea what she will do in the first part of 2014, before they start tour rehearsals, that her schedule is wide open.

at about the same time Mick was mentioning in some interview at the beginning of 2014 that 4 out of 5 members of FM will go into the studio in march.

we were speculating at the time who will not be in the studio, and most thought it's John because of his treatments. this article clears up any of that confusion. John was there with them.