User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I think most comments are of excitement. You cherry picked comments you didn't like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
I agree, yes he did.
First, I am a woman, not a man.
Second, I highlighted the most appalling and offensive comments because they were my point.

I like to back up what I am talking about. Thanks.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, like I said yesterday, do you remember that time Christine said that there was a person with a blood disease like leukemia and they sent her mother a glove from the sick person and Tee slept with it under her pillow for several days and then the next thing they heard the leukemia had been cured?

She believed that her mother did that. Not to mention that wart on Christine's nose.

Michele
Old 05-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTheCursed View Post
Sorry to disappoint you. I'm not an old hippie. I didn't even live through the hippie generation. I just happen to believe in respect. People pass through my life every day with ideas and quirks that I neither like nor agree with, but I still try to respect them and their right to have them. And I hope that respect is returned in kind...But to each their own, feel free to mock me.
I, like you, am not an old hippie. I'm 20. So someone called you a hippie? Doesn't that mean you're someone whose political views are left of centre? Some who is anti-establishment and smokes a lot of weed?

If the person who called you a hippie intended it as an insult, they could do better. It's a rather weak insult especially coming from some internet stranger.

I also believe in respect. When other people's views don't match our own though, I think you'd understand that it can feel a little jarring, yeah?

If Stevie Nicks dumped a "spirit catcher" in my recording studio I'd be thinking to myself "What the f--- is that thing? It looks like some sort of abstract art. Oh it's a spirit catcher, Stevie? And how does it catch spirits? And how is that going to help us make a good album?"

That's what I'd think. What I'd say would simply be something like "Oh okay that's great. It looks very...interesting...um...I don't know where you should put it. Maybe on the mantelpiece."

I guess my point is, yes it's great that we respect other people's views when they differ from our own. Even though we don't hold it against a person that she has different views to us, we might still think she's a bit kooky (even if we don't say that out loud).

Ah...I need to get some sleep. It's 3 am in Australia.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
[B]"This was a great collaboration," Buckingham said. "I had a track without any singing on it, and she wrote the song over it."
So, I always thought this album would be like Tango and it sounds like it is -- without Eddy. That's how Christine described Tango, that she put music to one of Lindsey's songs and did the reverse and put words to one of his songs without music.

I also think it's funny that we were wishing he could do Gone Too Far with the Mac and they end up having a song called Too Far Gone.

Very happy with this.

Michele
Old 05-02-2014, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

hmmm.. wasn't Stevie not all that thrilled with Mark Needham on SYW and how he mixed her songs? That's when she tried out Chris Lord-Alge and eventually seemed to cave and just go along with using Mark. Maybe it's not just Lindsey producing that she's uncertain about.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Considering how much is already done (16 songs according to this article), I wonder why they're shelving it. There's plenty of time for rehearsals later.

Release it so they can do the promotion for it before and during the tour.
yes. i'm heartbroken.

i don't think there's much doubt on why they are delaying the album. and i'm extremely unhappy with them for doing it, as you can imagine.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-02-2014, 12:41 PM

Helping McVie write songs, Buckingham said to her, "is something you always wanted me to do for you, which was not necessarily the case with Stevie. She's a little more complicated in her needs."

That says a lot.....
Old 05-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Helping McVie write songs, Buckingham said to her, "is something you always wanted me to do for you, which was not necessarily the case with Stevie. She's a little more complicated in her needs."

That says a lot.....
I thought his choice of words was interesting… "do for you" rather than "do WITH you". I think it's revealing of his perspective.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:44 PM

You And I Part III!!
Old 05-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes. i'm heartbroken.

i don't think there's much doubt on why they are delaying the album. and i'm extremely unhappy with them for doing it, as you can imagine.
I hope you're not insinuating that it's Stevie's fault. If what Mick says is true, she should be done in Nashville this week or so. Then she can fly back to LA and finish her songs with FM. This would still leave plenty of time to release it, promote it and then tour behind it.

Jamie
Old 05-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
hmmm.. wasn't Stevie not all that thrilled with Mark Needham on SYW and how he mixed her songs?
yes, i've noticed that interesting tidbit of info thrown in too! like they are saying "ok, you don't want to be here, guess what, we'll do whatever we want then!" unfortunately that still stopped short of releasing the album. if Needham is there, that would mean all these songs are not just recorded but already mixed.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-02-2014, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought his choice of words was interesting… "do for you" rather than "do WITH you". I think it's revealing of his perspective.
Yes, in that sentence, but he says he had a track without singing on it and she wrote a song over it, indicating that he knows he had a track that wasn't really a song yet, until she made it something complete.

Michele
Old 05-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

That says a lot.....
The bottom line, is that Stevie & Lindsey have too much baggage to co-write together now. Stevie, pretty much underscored that fact by re-visiting the thorn in her side that was the "Thrown Down" incident in her IYD documentary. Besides, they never attempted to ever co-write, not even when they were a happy go lucky couple in the early 70's

I don't think it Lindsey's statment towards Stevie says anything at all. I wouldn't read too much in to it, other than sour grapes.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
may or may not be, but i've noticed it too and didn't like it. ever heard of partnership, Buckingham!?

Old 05-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
I hope you're not insinuating that it's Stevie's fault. If what Mick says is true, she should be done in Nashville this week or so. Then she can fly back to LA and finish her songs with FM. This would still leave plenty of time to release it, promote it and then tour behind it.

Jamie
To the extent that this is a message interview, I think it's pretty clear that Stevie has no plans to fly back to Los Angeles and do any FM songs. No current plans, but they probably hope some will materialize.

It seems to me that Stevie in Nashville (through Dave) and FM in Los Angeles are speaking to one another this way.

Michele