User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGames71 View Post
Nobody confronts or stands up to LB because they're probably worried hell pull the same stunt again that he pulled in '87.
But he didn't pull a stunt in 1987. It's not like he said, "I'm not getting my way, so I'm leaving." He didn't take his ball and go home petulantly. He helped them make a pretty good album and then he left for 10 years, not because he didn't get his way, but because the band dynamics had become emotionally destructive for everyone -- well, at least Mick, Stevie and Lindsey. I don't know if John and Christine were hurting or not. But the other 3 were.

Michele
Old 11-16-2013, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
Yes I know some one exactly like that. Its REALLY hard work standing up to them. It can be done, but it takes so much energy you think is it worth it? I tend to try and avoid this person.
That's exactly how I feel about this guy. He just wears you down, with the constant arguing of why he's right....ugh!
Old 11-16-2013, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That's exactly how I feel about this guy. He just wears you down, with the constant arguing of why he's right....ugh!
I don't think Lindsey ever had a dearth of people to argue with. Stevie says that if he thought the sky was blue, she would be sure it was gray and she argued with him constantly by everyone's account, including her own. The only reason she didn't win those arguments is that people tended to think she was irrational and didn't agree with her over Lindsey.

The lone example people have of Christine supposedly standing up to Lindsey is throwing a drink at him, but Stevie says that all of them were running after Lindsey to kill him. Christine just got there first. It's not like no one else challenged Lindsey or made him do thing he didn't want to do.

Michele
Old 11-17-2013, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't think Lindsey ever had a dearth of people to argue with. Stevie says that if he thought the sky was blue, she would be sure it was gray and she argued with him constantly by everyone's account, including her own. The only reason she didn't win those arguments is that people tended to think she was irrational and didn't agree with her over Lindsey.

The lone example people have of Christine supposedly standing up to Lindsey is throwing a drink at him, but Stevie says that all of them were running after Lindsey to kill him. Christine just got there first. It's not like no one else challenged Lindsey or made him do thing he didn't want to do.

Michele
John also stood up to him in the beginning. But by the time Rumours was being recorded, it was clear Lindsey wanted to call a lot of the shots. His re-recording the bass parts on Second Hand News is an example.

But by all accounts Christine worked right alongside him on all five of those studio albums. And there's footage in the Tusk doc that shows her coming up with vocal harmony ideas with Lindsey and him saying "I think we have something there."

If he took the lead and made final decisions, there's no doubt that Christine had significant creative input on most of the songs (excepting a handful of Lindsey's Tusk tunes). Those block vocal harmonies on You Make Loving Fun sound a hell of a lot like Christine's overdubbed harmonies on Hypntized and the title tune to Heroes. Some of the ideas people often credit to Lindsey appear to have been worked out before he joined the group.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

If he took the lead and made final decisions, there's no doubt that Christine had significant creative input on most of the songs (excepting a handful of Lindsey's Tusk tunes). Those block vocal harmonies on You Make Loving Fun sound a hell of a lot like Christine's overdubbed harmonies on Hypntized and the title tune to Heroes. Some of the ideas people often credit to Lindsey appear to have been worked out before he joined the group.
Ken discusses Christine's work on YMLF in his book and said that after they laid down the basics as a group, Christine started working on adding clav and detail before Lindsey got into the studio one day and when he arrived and Lindsey heard what she'd done, "he was really proud of her," listened and promptly had some marijuana.

Michele
Old 11-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default More Photos of Chris On Stage

All Smiles

Focusing on her Panio

Stevie greets Chris

Hugging Chris

Lindsey Gets a Hug Also
Old 11-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The first one is my favorite. <33333

The "Hugging Chris" one is my edit, actually. I made a mix dedicated to Stevie and Chris and made that as the sort of cover.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 11-24-2013, 06:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I only just found these new pics. I love the second one. Its a very natural shot, at the keyboard where she belongs <3
Old 11-24-2013, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
John also stood up to him in the beginning. But by the time Rumours was being recorded, it was clear Lindsey wanted to call a lot of the shots. His re-recording the bass parts on Second Hand News is an example.
Really?! You mean the bass on that song on the album is Lindsey?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-24-2013, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Really?! You mean the bass on that song on the album is Lindsey?
John would not agree with that.

Michele
Old 11-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

some Buckingham/Perfect crops (from Michele's photos) -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-26-2013, 02:47 PM
sywlindseyfan
This message has been deleted by sywlindseyfan.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
some Buckingham/Perfect crops (from Michele's photos) -

Hold me!! HOld meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 11-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Hold me!! HOld meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
perfect caption!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"