User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-17-2005, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Well, like I was saying, I don't know as much about him as most of y'all do.

On that note, does anyone want to come in and defend him aganist these claims?
They aren't claims, they're facts.

He was fired as the Mac's manager for not keeping tabs on the money, he went bankrupt, he invested in lord knows how many bad real estate deals, he shacked up with Jonathan Todd, he released that vile book, he was the sole reason for Stevie quitting the Mac in the early nineties by being a jackass over Silver Springs, he has more get rich quick schemes than Miami has senior citizens (golf videos, wine, etc.); the list goes on and on. He's a talented musician, but brains are something he does not have, IMO.

Old 03-17-2005, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow, you said it there.

It's true, you don't realize how special something is until it's gone. In this case, it was Christine. I can just imagine how wonderful SYW would have been with her participation, it would have felt like a Fleetwood Mac record.

Old 03-17-2005, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention

It's true, you don't realize how special something is until it's gone. In this case, it was Christine. I can just imagine how wonderful SYW would have been with her participation, it would have felt like a Fleetwood Mac record.
Wow, that almost sounds like something I would have said.

By the way, I just had to comment on your earlier post. That was one of the funniest things I've ever read on this board. I agree with Lis. I'm sure Chris would have appreciated the sentiment.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, like I was saying, I don't know as much about him as most of y'all do.

On that note, does anyone want to come in and defend him aganist these claims?
I doubt you'll get any takers......we all know what a scheister (sp) he is.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
I doubt you'll get any takers......we all know what a scheister (sp) he is.
Well, considering all the members of his official message board...you'd think one of them was also a Ledgie.

But, about the "Silver Springs" thing--some people I've talked to (Stevie fans) actually think he was right about that. I didn't agree but they thought it was the right decision because the song was the Mac's. I personally think she should've had it.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I miss the soft buffer between the extreme tracks that Lindsey and Stevie put in. Say You Will is just too much at times, like Murrow followed by Illume. Her voice is golden and the harmonies were just delicious, I yearn for the days of old.

This makes up for your not liking The Aviator. I think Chris on SYW would have made it a superb record.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer

I think Chris on SYW would have made it a superb record.
She is the balance...Always has been.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
After forty years in the business, if those two really think they're "vital" simply by touring and rehashing the same old crap, they're delusional and it makes me wonder how such idiots became so successful.
I do think it makes them feel more vital than sitting in a recording studio for 18-24 months does.

Quote:
I'm ready for Chris' return right now. Nicks and Buckingham have nothing to offer us as a duo at this point and it would make for a dull listen, in my opinion. I'd like to hear some new Fleetwood Mac harmonies before I die, not years-old Lindsey Buckingham tunes with a newly cut Stevie background vocal slapped onto it's ass at the last minute or Stevie Nicks tunes with obnoxious "VSO Lindsey" crooning in the background.
Well, I did say "from the ground up."

But, either way, I still disagree with the idea that Stevie & Lindsey have nothing left to offer as a duo. You might be bored by all of the "are they/aren't they" stuff, and I'm not into any of that either, but I do think those two make magic together... even when it's not exactly "organic."
The love/hate relationship between them creates an exquisite tension in the music they create together.

Quote:
I sure as **** didn't think I missed Christine back when Say You Will came out or when I saw them live, but in retrospect, I miss her like I'd miss my penis if it suddenly vanished into thin air.
Hmm... that's one way to keep you from procreating!

I miss Christine and yet I don't miss Christine.
I feel there are collaborative areas that Stevie & Lindsey still haven't tapped, and I'd like to see those explored before Christine re-enters the picture and that aspect becomes distilled by a third once again.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I miss the soft buffer between the extreme tracks that Lindsey and Stevie put in. Say You Will is just too much at times, like Murrow followed by Illume.
It's funny, but based on your posts (and what I've therefore gleaned of your personality), I think you'd be all about extremes.

And maybe it's ironic that I tend to love them!

Just goes to show you, that you never really know anyone!

Like I said, I do miss Christine, but I'm not quite ready for her to return to the band either.
Now, having said that, I sure as hell wouldn't bemoan the fact if she did come back. I love her, and I'd be as ecstatic as anyone... I just think that Stevie & Lindsey still have more to say as a duo, before they become a trio again.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 03-18-2005 at 12:30 AM..
Old 03-18-2005, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
I do miss Christine, but I'm not quite ready for her to return to the band either.
Now, having said that, I sure as hell wouldn't bemoan the fact if she did come back. I love her, and I'd be as ecstatic as anyone... I just think that Stevie & Lindsey still have more to say as a duo, before they become a trio again.

Brian, you're wrong. They're SOOOO lame now(and I'm sure Chris' absence is only part of it). SYW was a decent effort, be it DOESN'T sound like a FM record. There's no heart. Only rock, and ditz.....
Old 03-18-2005, 03:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:

Brian, you're wrong. They're SOOOO lame now(and I'm sure Chris' absence is only part of it). SYW was a decent effort, be it DOESN'T sound like a FM record. There's no heart. Only rock, and ditz.....

Um...Bun? "so lame"? "no heart"? Stevie and Lindsey? are you joking? Christine is the poppy safe one... don't get me wrong, I miss her, too, but mainly her harmony and keyboard work (excellent, unequaled) and her occasional songs I like (temporary one) but otherwise? Do you just miss the "feel good" lyrics and "perfect" voice???? And did you just call Steve and Linds "rock and ditz"??? Christine's always had the most simple lyrics... (not that that is bad, but...) And she does supply lots of "heart", but it is of the ...nice variety, which is fine, but Linds and Steve supply the other heart, the one that acknowledges the various aspects of pain, longing, jealousy, revenge, PAIN, etc.
Confuse Me? (although, serious woot to Christine, cause she is my sign, but still!)
Honestly, in my head, I can't believe someone doesn't have mass respect for all the members, cause I do, for varied reasons. "Separate but Equal" is my motto in the Mac...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 03-18-2005 at 03:17 AM..
Old 03-18-2005, 05:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I missed Chris on SYW .Her solo albums however are for the most part bland with maybe a few bright spots ,usually the singles.I think she needs Fleetwood Mac as badly as they need her .I understand and applaud her refusal to tour however, particularly in light of the interminable length of the SYW tour. So if the ultimatum was that she had to participate in a seemingly endless money oriented tour to record with FM it is their loss .The memory of the tour which had some high points but was not their best ever will recede in time but the great Fleetwood Mac album that could have been might not have.

Old 03-18-2005, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw FM twice in the UK for the SYW tour.

BUT the very first line of the very first song - "listen to the wind blow" - I thought that doesn't sound right. I sulked for most of the concert and for some reason was very angry that Stevie didn't dedicate Landslide to her.

Anyway a rumour(!) went around that she would join them on stage for the last date at Earls Court. So I coughed up my £75 again. As the day grew nearer I thought this is not going to happen and come the night - it didn't!

However Stevie did dedicate Landslide to her and Mick gave her a very nice mention.

But to me they just didn't sound right. As many have said before - the balance has gone.

I don't think she'll work with them again but who knows? I think they have all moved on. I wouldn't want her to work with them out of duty or some miss placed sense of loyalty. She would have to really want to and I don't think she wants to be in that type of intense pressurised atmosphere again. ITM was done over almost two years working when they felt like it and with no record company pressure.

The irony is that Lindsey who worked with FM again rather than release a solo album so he could shift more copies has said some less than flattering things about Christine, when if she had worked with them they would have shifted a lot more!

Gail

Is it technically possible for her to leave? Isn't that like divorcing your own family?

Last edited by Gailh; 03-18-2005 at 01:46 PM..
Old 03-18-2005, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I miss Christine and I think the album would have been better and more like the FM we know and love if she had been on it, but I do not agree with your assessment at all. Only rock and ditz? First off, some of the songs aren't even rock. ("Say You Will?" Seems like a pop song to me). I don't know where the ditz part comes in, unless you're referring to some of the trite lyrics in songs like "Say You Will" and "Everybody Finds Out." Christine has written cheesy lyrics as well. Cheesy can be very good when coupled with sincerity, though, and Christine has that in my eyes. I think Stevie has it, too. The most shocking thing to me is that you could say it has "no heart". If I had wanted to say that, I wouldn't be able to just after hearing "Say Goodbye," "Steal Your Heart Away" and "Bleed to Love Her." I feel like there's no missing the heart in those songs. I feel the same way about "Running Through the Garden" and "Destiny Rules." I'll readily admit that it took a long time for me to truly appreciate the album (and I still don't reallly appreciate "Murrow" or "Silver Girl") because 1) I don't think it's Stevie's best songwriting and, 2) the way their voices have matured and well, aged, is kind of overwhelming at the first listen. But I gave it time, and though it's not my favorite Mac record, I find things to love about it now.

It's kind of like how I felt about the Mac when I first started listening. I really didn't care for anything Christine other than "Everywhere" or anything Lindsey other than "Go Your Own Way." I was all about Stevie but I gave it time and I'm a fan of the whole deal now. I'm glad I ditched my tunnel vision. In that post, you sound as though the only one you have any appreciation for is Christine.

Anyway, I realize you're entitled to your opinion and I can't blame you for only liking one of them if that's how you feel. I just feel like I was personally more satisfied with the whole Mac experience when I learned to love them all. And you're certainly entitled to criticize the record, I just can't understand your criticisms at all.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
It's funny, but based on your posts (and what I've therefore gleaned of your personality), I think you'd be all about extremes.
I am, hence my adoration for Lindsey, Bowie, and Debbie. I love extremes, but Stevie's extreme schtick is too much in regards to Say You Will. Illume.Is.Just.Too.Much.

I'm all about Smile At You and Running Through the Garden and Goodbye Baby, which I consider to be pretty extreme Stevie tracks (along the lines of stuff she should do more often), but when she starts getting into her flowery schtick like Silver Girl and Say You Will and Thrown Down (and her childish Everybody Finds Out, albeit with a phenomenal vocal), I feel a wretch coming on.

Last edited by dissention; 03-18-2005 at 11:13 AM..