Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-01-2017, 05:59 PM
Ledgie

Default Mirage dvd?

I was looking to replace my old VHS copy of the mirage tour on dvd. I've noticed several different versions on amazon but most have poor reviews stating poor quality transfer. Does anyone know if there is a decent region 2 (or region 0) dvd of the mirage tour? Thanks.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I doubt that you'll find a high quality transfer, since the band(or whoever) refuses to reissue this.

I got mine maybe a decade or so ago, off a guy from Brazil, that was selling them on eBay. They were cheap, too. Like maybe $7-8. It's just a transfer from a VHS tape(I guess), but at least it was a good copy. There are no really bad issues with it. As good as it gets for us.

For someone stealing copyrighted material, he was a good guy! My first one had a little skip to it. I emailed him, and he just mailed me another one.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:46 PM
Ledgie

Weird they didn't put that on the box set. It's a great performance. I lamented in another thread about the lack of Fleetwood Mac video content. Barely any of their music videos available in high quality. Concert videos long out of print. Even their most recent DVD, Live in Boston which is a great concert was botched in presentation, put on two letterboxed DVDs when it easily could have fit on a single widescreen disc. They don't even have an official YouTube channel, or if they do, they don't use it to upload anything interesting. I feel like I should work for their media team, I have so many ideas.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:20 PM
Ledgie

It seems a shame there are so few official Fleetwood Mac concerts available. My Mirage VHS has a perfect picture, so I couldn't make do with a bootleg that's ropey quality. I'm not that brilliant with gadgets, but I'll have to look into buying one of those vhs to dvd connectors and see if I can make my own copy. It's also frustrating that you can't buy official dvd's of the 1975 Largo concert, or the 1977 Japan concert. So many lost opportunities!
Old 07-03-2017, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardmac View Post
It seems a shame there are so few official Fleetwood Mac concerts available. My Mirage VHS has a perfect picture, so I couldn't make do with a bootleg that's ropey quality. I'm not that brilliant with gadgets, but I'll have to look into buying one of those vhs to dvd connectors and see if I can make my own copy. It's also frustrating that you can't buy official dvd's of the 1975 Largo concert, or the 1977 Japan concert. So many lost opportunities!
The ones that were on eBay were decent quality. No real issues. But like I said, you could tell that it was just a VHS transfer, without being remastered.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRaccoon View Post
Weird they didn't put that on the box set. It's a great performance. I lamented in another thread about the lack of Fleetwood Mac video content. Barely any of their music videos available in high quality. Concert videos long out of print. Even their most recent DVD, Live in Boston which is a great concert was botched in presentation, put on two letterboxed DVDs when it easily could have fit on a single widescreen disc. They don't even have an official YouTube channel, or if they do, they don't use it to upload anything interesting. I feel like I should work for their media team, I have so many ideas.
We'd put in a good word for yoy!

Seriously, this is the worst band for getting access to their live material, especially video related content from their prime. They have 35mm filmed shows that could easily be mastered in 4k or 1080p and the band would make a mint. Isn't the Cleveland 1980 show also filmed? I'd love to have that one.