User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
You sound like my friend Because our University is in the heart of town, we have a habit of going straight to Starbucks after class and then looking around all the shops - she'll buy something every day. The other day, she went and bought a teapot and teacup because they "looked adorable"
That's exactly how I am! Whatever, I got a perfect little black dress last night and a new pair of heeled oxfords.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
That's exactly how I am! Whatever, I got a perfect little black dress last night and a new pair of heeled oxfords.
My friend's trying to find a black skirt, but we only find hideous ones with ruffles, lines or unnecessary studs in them.

We're getting a flat together next year and we're already talking about what to buy for that. Shopping tiiiimes are go!

Old 11-14-2010, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You need to introduce your friend to the wonders of modcloth.com.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
You need to introduce your friend to the wonders of modcloth.com.
I've never bought anything off of modcloth (yet), but I love sitting and looking thru the clothes. I love pretty much everything on that site.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
^^
Woah!
Now thats going to be a family story'
Is your bro ok?
Yes, he's okay. The dude who shot the gun
promised to never do that again.

Years ago I was fishing at the Gulf. We were
out on a point pulling the nets at evening time.
When all of the sudden we heard shots and the
bullets whizzing over our heads. We all hit the
beach like it was a war zone. We found the ____
who was shooting. He didn't do that anymore.

Life in Alabama...
Old 11-15-2010, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^
You know what, although that was a terrible and frightful thing to happen - the thing I like about the Ledge is that we share stories. That is soo cool to do - totally makes me' day.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
....I am way, way too obsessed with shopping... I've been making a lot of money every week and yet spending ALL OF IT on clothes and shoes. Whatever, I can shop 3 days a week if I want to....

I understanding the shopping obsession or should I say obsessive shopping but what's up with the "making a lot of money every week" part? What are you doing to make all this money...dare I ask? No seriously, I must have missed a post or something, I figured all college students were broke

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Old 11-15-2010, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kena View Post
I understanding the shopping obsession or should I say obsessive shopping but what's up with the "making a lot of money every week" part? What are you doing to make all this money...dare I ask? No seriously, I must have missed a post or something, I figured all college students were broke
I must admit that, after a long, hot summer of extreme austerity (secondary to unemployment!), I now feel this extremely pent up need to spend money now that I'm working again. I feel so disgusted with myself. My summer of austerity was actually very zen for me- not spending money forced me to take stock of needs vs. wants. I quickly began to embrace the art of non-consumption- of living simply, living day-to-day. I learned all about $2 falafel in the East Village (yum!). I learned the art of haggling over the price of produce in Chinatown. I stopped drinking (and paying for) coffee. I embraced the challenge of relying on my own two feet to get around vs. paying for transportation. In sum, I learned to enjoy the simple things... and there are many, many simple, wonderful things that we overlook in our ordinary daily lives. The whole time I did not step foot inside of any retail stores or visit any online shops. It was all about living for the sake of living and savoring every moment of the hot but fleeting NY summer.

Today is my first payday in 5 months. And it is a good one. Ugh. Must. resist. temptation.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I must admit that, after a long, hot summer of extreme austerity (secondary to unemployment!), I now feel this extremely pent up need to spend money now that I'm working again. I feel so disgusted with myself. My summer of austerity was actually very zen for me- not spending money forced me to take stock of needs vs. wants. I quickly began to embrace the art of non-consumption- of living simply, living day-to-day. I learned all about $2 falafel in the East Village (yum!). I learned the art of haggling over the price of produce in Chinatown. I stopped drinking (and paying for) coffee. I embraced the challenge of relying on my own two feet to get around vs. paying for transportation. In sum, I learned to enjoy the simple things... and there are many, many simple, wonderful things that we overlook in our ordinary daily lives. The whole time I did not step foot inside of any retail stores or visit any online shops. It was all about living for the sake of living and savoring every moment of the hot but fleeting NY summer.

Today is my first payday in 5 months. And it is a good one. Ugh. Must. resist. temptation.
That was a beautiful and inspiring post.

Good luck resisting temptation. It's so...tempting

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Old 11-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Enjoy it, ladies ... you can't take it with you!

Alternatively, if you really want to save, just plan a trip to see Lindsey and / or Stevie next year!
Old 11-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post

I have to do this right now. I bought myself a tablet PC at the weekend to stave off buying a new laptop for when I go to University and I used the money I had saved up to start learning to drive. Now I have to put more money out of my wages away each month until I've put back what I spent and what I'm supposed to be saving as well. I have to kick my McDonalds habit (I'm a student, it's acceptable) and I'll be buying my last record for a few months on Thursday.

I feel like I'm going into prison It'll be good for me though, I think, I've been going crazy lately and not saving so the last few Christmas presents I need to buy have become a bit of a weight on my shoulders. I'm not getting into a situation like this again.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 11-15-2010, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There are angels here on earth after all
Old 11-15-2010, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
I have to do this right now. I bought myself a tablet PC at the weekend to stave off buying a new laptop for when I go to University and I used the money I had saved up to start learning to drive. Now I have to put more money out of my wages away each month until I've put back what I spent and what I'm supposed to be saving as well. I have to kick my McDonalds habit (I'm a student, it's acceptable) and I'll be buying my last record for a few months on Thursday.

I feel like I'm going into prison It'll be good for me though, I think, I've been going crazy lately and not saving so the last few Christmas presents I need to buy have become a bit of a weight on my shoulders. I'm not getting into a situation like this again.
Well, buying things like a new PC (if you really need one) is one thing. But filling your life with lots of unnecessary clutter is something else entirely. But then again, you are young only once and if you are going to be carefree and irresponsible, now is the time to get it out of your system. I know I certainly did! My weakness as a young person was to collect records, especially all of the "import" 12" singles from the UK. I still have most of them! I don't play them any more, but I still savor the memory of all of the joy they brought me. As a compulsive completist, I got such a rush when I finally found the missing pieces for my collection. I spent entire weekends taking the train down to Washington, DC to scour the bins at Tower Records and the indie stores in Georgetown. Ah... the memories.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRobert View Post
There are angels here on earth after all
...and some of them are way up there in heaven...
Old 11-15-2010, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I updated my blog layout and think it's pretty!!!

http://danidennis.blogspot.com

On another note, I'm emotionally drained. What's new?
Oh and it's supposed to snow here next weekend!!