User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
So Mick and Christine are out doing marginal press at best for this tour, answer questions and essentially taking the hit for Stevie too. Creating a nice little buffer for her from reality. Sure they are pointing fingers her way too (very delicately or she will kick them out too--they still have EU and AU/NZ to get thru), but she doesn't have to answer anything. Do the rest of them think they can just knock on LB's door when the tour is over and say "Stevie made us do it---hope we can still be friends" And how does she look at herself in the mirror knowing she orchestrated (in all likelihood) the demise of the rest of the bands friendships/relationships with Lindsey. I guess when you can go home and count your millions, it doesn't matter? Morally corrupt people
I'm ashamed that I've followed this band since I was a kid.

For them to end like this, with this SH**SHOW? They have no quality of character, none of them. No respect for the HUGE LEGACY they built.

Just a bunch of idiots, trolling along in their money train.

I used to worry about who was going to "drop" first. Now, I only hope that Lindsey is last.
Old 03-19-2019, 03:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Stevie has no interest in making music if it doesn't make her money...

Lindsey has the privilege of wealth to not maybe need the money so much but his ego cares about how many albums he sells....
I think that's partially true about Stevie. But I believe it's just
as true that she can't make music anymore. Good new music.
I think she just can't write great songs anymore. So it's a bit
of a cop-out for her to use the excuse that it won't make her
any money. The only success she's had in the past 30 plus
years solo was Trouble In Shangri-La. And that was only
because VH1 plugged it for a whole month.

Lindsey probably wishes his albums sold more. But if it was
his ego he was worried about, I don't think he'd release another
album. After his second album, none of the others have been
successful with the numbers. But he's an artist. It's not always
about the money.
Old 03-19-2019, 03:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
You can show all the respect you want for the band that fired and thrashed Lindsey after 43 years of hard work and without a valid reason. Don’t come here and tell others what to think.

That’s literate enough for you?
I'm no longer a diehard fan. In fact, nowadays I prefer to go see local bands for free or for less than $50 a show, like Bonniedoon from the Blue Mountains and Georgia June in Sydney.
Not telling others what to think, if you think my word is Gospel, that's your interpretation, not my intention.
Poor Lindsey, receiving $$$ settlement, and never having to work with his arch nemesis ever again. (Let's see who takes that juicy bait!)
Old 03-19-2019, 04:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In Micks mind...
Lindsey and middling money...Stevie and megabucks.
No intergrity...

I still don’t understand Christine, why would they have disbanded without Stevie.
They could have made another Album and this time said it was Fmac.
John is a lemming just follows Mick.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
In Micks mind...
Lindsey and middling money...Stevie and megabucks.
No intergrity...

I still don’t understand Christine, why would they have disbanded without Stevie.
They could have made another Album and this time said it was Fmac.
John is a lemming just follows Mick.
Lindsey is very wealthy, and because of producer monies, and wiser investment choices, possibly more wealthy than Stevie.

Stevie made an empty threat. She has never had any intention of leaving Fleetwood Mac. Christine stayed with the band she committed the rest of her working life to, she gave that guarantee, to her it was iron clad, and did not change based on other personnel changes.
John doesn't want to make a fuss. Who can blame him.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Lindsey is very wealthy, and because of producer monies, and wiser investment choices, possibly more wealthy than Stevie.

Stevie made an empty threat. She has never had any intention of leaving Fleetwood Mac. Christine stayed with the band she committed the rest of her working life to, she gave that guarantee, to her it was iron clad, and did not change based on other personnel changes.
John doesn't want to make a fuss. Who can blame him.
No I meant tour with Lindsey and no Stevie, middling money.
Tour with Stevie, no Lindsey, megabucks.
That was the choice in Micks mind.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't believe I have actually been looking online for tickets to the Philly, Baltimore or Boston show.

I didn't go to Pittsburgh because I was so mad at Stevie, but I have been a Mac fan since 1975 and have never missed seeing them on tour.

It just blows me away what Stevie did and that the others said "ok"

I even had thought of going to the Rock n roll hall of fame ceremony. I'm such a fool.

Stevie backstabbed a man she has known since high school. Whom she loved and he loved her. Because of him she is in Fleetwood Mac and now in your final years, you throw him out because your mad at him. She has shown me that she thinks only of herself and not the legacy of Fleetwood Mac.

This could have been the final tour for them. Stevie won't record so why bother after this. Just keep your distance from each other for the tour. Man up. I mean really Stevie, you think everyone loves you all the time? Sorry, I'm letting the anger out right now. LOL

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 03-19-2019, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So Mick and Christine are out doing marginal press at best for this tour, answer questions and essentially taking the hit for Stevie too. Creating a nice little buffer for her from reality. Sure they are pointing fingers her way too (very delicately or she will kick them out too--they still have EU and AU/NZ to get thru), but she doesn't have to answer anything. Do the rest of them think they can just knock on LB's door when the tour is over and say "Stevie made us do it---hope we can still be friends" And how does she look at herself in the mirror knowing she orchestrated (in all likelihood) the demise of the rest of the bands friendships/relationships with Lindsey. I guess when you can go home and count your millions, it doesn't matter? Morally corrupt people
Yes to all of this. Mick and Christine are taking the hit for Stevie, but they're letting everybody know that she was the responsible for Lindsey's ousting. As if that was letting them off the hook!
I'm sure their intention is to knock on Lindsey's door once the tour is over and they're all away from Stevie's sight. I surely hope he and his family are not remotely ready to welcome all of this traitors into their lives again. They really not deserve any kind of forgiveness.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I can't believe I have actually been looking online for tickets to the Philly, Baltimore or Boston show.

I didn't go to Pittsburgh because I was so mad at Stevie, but I have been a Mac fan since 1975 and have never missed seeing them on tour.

It just blows me away what Stevie did and that the others said "ok"

I even had thought of going to the Rock n roll hall of fame ceremony. I'm such a fool.

Stevie backstabbed a man she has known since high school. Whom she loved and he loved her. Because of him she is in Fleetwood Mac and now in your final years, you throw him out because your mad at him. She has shown me that she thinks only of herself and not the legacy of Fleetwood Mac.

This could have been the final tour for them. Stevie won't record so why bother after this. Just keep your distance from each other for the tour. Man up. I mean really Stevie, you think everyone loves you all the time? Sorry, I'm letting the anger out right now. LOL
What some people don't get is that she wanted to get back at him. For what? Well, only she knows, but this was a calculated and well planned revenge.

I'm sure she wasn't counting on the heart attack, but he survived and she said two or three stupid words and that was it. She thought she was ok with fans. She's not.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes to all of this. Mick and Christine are taking the hit for Stevie, but they're letting everybody know that she was the responsible for Lindsey's ousting. As if that was letting them off the hook!
I'm sure their intention is to knock on Lindsey's door once the tour is over and they're all away from Stevie's sight. I surely hope he and his family are not remotely ready to welcome all of this traitors into their lives again. They really not deserve any kind of forgiveness.
They aren't going to knock on his door after the tour. They have no relationship with him they want to salvage. They simply don't care. If he's around, it's goo goo eyes, like he's a brother. But if he isn't there, they don't think about him.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
They aren't going to knock on his door after the tour. They have no relationship with him they want to salvage. They simply don't care. If he's around, it's goo goo eyes, like he's a brother. But if he isn't there, they don't think about him.
Christine and John should both be ashamed.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey let us know it was all Stevie, but Mi$k and €hristine have confirmed it (hopefully those blinded by Stevie’s magic believe it now) I really hope when they attempt to knock on his door, and I really do think they will, Lindsey tells them to f-off
Old 03-19-2019, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey let us know it was all Stevie, but Mi$k and €hristine have confirmed it (hopefully those blinded by Stevie’s magic believe it now) I really hope when they attempt to knock on his door, and I really do think they will, Lindsey tells them to f-off
Curious why you think they will want to knock on his door. According to the Billboard article posted by Kak125 on the Present Band forum, the tour is on track to gross a hundred million dollars on the North American leg. They don't seem to be hurting.

Last edited by Feather Blade; 03-19-2019 at 12:11 PM..
Old 03-19-2019, 12:11 PM

There is no fire burning, just a soul crying....

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-19-2019 at 12:14 PM..
Old 03-19-2019, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just noticed this was posted last night.