The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-26-2014, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default "lady's man" (biography by m.c., chapter 13)

ever since reading martin celmins' biography on peter, i was wondering who that mysterious "lady" in chapter 13 is (they've been together from 1971 up to 4th september 1975 - just 2 days before their planned wedding). what's her name, and why this remarkable secretiveness?
Old 06-09-2014, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy poker View Post
ever since reading martin celmins' biography on peter, i was wondering who that mysterious "lady" in chapter 13 is (they've been together from 1971 up to 4th september 1975 - just 2 days before their planned wedding). what's her name, and why this remarkable secretiveness?
I have been wondering too, but for some reason she wanted to be anonymous in the book. It has probably been a very traumatic experience being with this very unstable man for four years, and being treated so badly. And she may not wish to have that part of her life "open to the public". I don't blame her.

Her story is the only part of the book where we get a picture of what P.G. was like to live with just before his grasp on reality seriously snapped. It would be nice to have a more thorough and nuanced description of P.G.'s post-Fleetwood Mac life and personality, than the one in Celmins book. But I quess this is hard to achieve because of P.G.'s mental state, where his reflections on himself becomes very subjective and the people who had know him were chocked at the transformations in his personality.

Ms Moose
Old 06-10-2014, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
I have been wondering too, but for some reason she wanted to be anonymous in the book. It has probably been a very traumatic experience being with this very unstable man for four years, and being treated so badly. And she may not wish to have that part of her life "open to the public". I don't blame her.

Her story is the only part of the book where we get a picture of what P.G. was like to live with just before his grasp on reality seriously snapped. It would be nice to have a more thorough and nuanced description of P.G.'s post-Fleetwood Mac life and personality, than the one in Celmins book. But I quess this is hard to achieve because of P.G.'s mental state, where his reflections on himself becomes very subjective and the people who had know him were chocked at the transformations in his personality.

Ms Moose
thank you for sharing your view on this subject, ms moose.
nevertheless it amazes me that the identity of the iraqi woman in question is obviously such a big secret, that nobody here could (or would?) share any enlightenment on who she is. i'm not givin' up yet . . .
martin
Old 06-15-2014, 06:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She doesn't say she was treated badly as I recall though the relationship was understandably problematic. Some people have no desire to achieve notoriety or fame and have integrity, strange as it sounds in these times .
Old 06-15-2014, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
thank you for sharing your view on this subject, ms moose.
nevertheless it amazes me that the identity of the iraqi woman in question is obviously such a big secret, that nobody here could (or would?) share any enlightenment on who she is. i'm not givin' up yet . . .
martin
Don't know why it amazes you that someone chooses to retain their privacy. What would be the benefit in violating that choice to keep the matter private? Would you want a stranger poking into your private matters?
Old 06-15-2014, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
She doesn't say she was treated badly as I recall though the relationship was understandably problematic. Some people have no desire to achieve notoriety or fame and have integrity, strange as it sounds in these times .
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
Don't know why it amazes you that someone chooses to retain their privacy. What would be the benefit in violating that choice to keep the matter private? Would you want a stranger poking into your private matters?
hi dino, sharksfan, and who else is reading this!

obviously there's some kind of misunderstanding here. it would never occur to me to blame anybody who wants to stay out of the limelight - no matter what the reason. and please don't accuse me of "poking into (...) private matters"! i was only asking if this woman's name is known by anyone here on the board (i still can't see anything being so terribly wrong with that!), and i'm astonished that though the part she played in peter's life is no secret, her name seems to be just that. there are so many things in peter's life that are known to and talked about by the public. and we could easily start a discussion if REALLY ALL of this knowledge should be any of our (the fans') business or not. let's face it: quite a chunk of it is definitely NOT!

i was never intending to offend ANYBODY! but if the board and the powers that be see any privacy potentially violated with this thread, i will respect this. on the other hand: in that case there'd be quite some more threads here that should be questioned - for my money, that is!

i can only hope matters are cleared out hereby.

all the best to all of you
martin
Old 06-16-2014, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
hi dino, sharksfan, and who else is reading this!

obviously there's some kind of misunderstanding here. it would never occur to me to blame anybody who wants to stay out of the limelight - no matter what the reason. and please don't accuse me of "poking into (...) private matters"! i was only asking if this woman's name is known by anyone here on the board (i still can't see anything being so terribly wrong with that!), and i'm astonished that though the part she played in peter's life is no secret, her name seems to be just that. there are so many things in peter's life that are known to and talked about by the public. and we could easily start a discussion if REALLY ALL of this knowledge should be any of our (the fans') business or not. let's face it: quite a chunk of it is definitely NOT!

i was never intending to offend ANYBODY! but if the board and the powers that be see any privacy potentially violated with this thread, i will respect this. on the other hand: in that case there'd be quite some more threads here that should be questioned - for my money, that is!

i can only hope matters are cleared out hereby.

all the best to all of you
martin
No worries, Martin - you certainly didn't offend me and you're not violating anyone's privacy by bringing up this discussion. I just have a disagreement and maybe it's a misunderstanding as you say. But I figured that if this woman told Martin Celmins that she did not want to be identified in his book, then she wants to retain her privacy. It makes no difference to me whether I know her name or not, but I suppose others may feel differently.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No worries, Martin - you certainly didn't offend me and you're not violating anyone's privacy by bringing up this discussion. I just have a disagreement and maybe it's a misunderstanding as you say. But I figured that if this woman told Martin Celmins that she did not want to be identified in his book, then she wants to retain her privacy. It makes no difference to me whether I know her name or not, but I suppose others may feel differently.
Same here.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
Same here.
subscribing to all that, too! the only thing i'm sorry about is that this led to any discussion AT ALL, as i absolutely didn't intend to bring up one. i only asked a question (we're all a bit curious here sometimes, aren't we?!) . . . but sorry - no, i'm not gonna start all over afresh. i can certainly live very well without knowing her name. i'll leave it at that and i won't be asking again - promised.

i just wanna have a good time here! till next time
martin
Old 06-20-2014, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't read MC's book in six years. Is this the American from LA who married PG, or the previous relationship? The American woman from LA has made sure Peter Green would never see his daughter as a minor.

I would hope now that the daughter is in her thirties, she would try to understand Peter Green's life. If that isn't a BBC documentary in waiting..... It's "Philomena", without the Irish Catholic church making up rules, and clouding the facts.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
I haven't read MC's book in six years. Is this the American from LA who married PG, or the previous relationship? The American woman from LA has made sure Peter Green would never see his daughter as a minor.

I would hope now that the daughter is in her thirties, she would try to understand Peter Green's life. If that isn't a BBC documentary in waiting..... It's "Philomena", without the Irish Catholic church making up rules, and clouding the facts.
No, this is not Mrs Samuels, it's a woman Greeny had a relationship in the mid 70's.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
subscribing to all that, too! the only thing i'm sorry about is that this led to any discussion AT ALL, as i absolutely didn't intend to bring up one. i only asked a question (we're all a bit curious here sometimes, aren't we?!) . . . but sorry - no, i'm not gonna start all over afresh. i can certainly live very well without knowing her name. i'll leave it at that and i won't be asking again - promised.

i just wanna have a good time here! till next time
martin
I agree with you, lazy poker. We are all a bit curious here on The Ledge. If we weren't, there would be no Ledge at all. We are constantly asking questions about all kinds of issues relating to PG. I have been wanting to put this Lady question up now and then. When I read a biography I like to know who is talking through the pages.
You beat me to it and now you take all blame.
But it is a storm in a tea-cup.We can be curious and accept that somebody wants to keep their privacy at the same time. Knowing The ledgies here, I don't think anyone is offended.
And Dino: Yes, it is very unusual these days that someone don't want to be famous and have their 15 minutes of stardom Might there be a generational difference here? I don't know.

Ms Moose
Old 06-23-2014, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
I agree with you, lazy poker. We are all a bit curious here on The Ledge. If we weren't, there would be no Ledge at all. We are constantly asking questions about all kinds of issues relating to PG. I have been wanting to put this Lady question up now and then. When I read a biography I like to know who is talking through the pages.
You beat me to it and now you take all blame.
But it is a storm in a tea-cup.We can be curious and accept that somebody wants to keep their privacy at the same time. Knowing The ledgies here, I don't think anyone is offended.
thank you so much for coming to my rescue, ms moose!
well, disagreements cannot always be avoided, and quite naturally so. as long as nobody gets hurt there's nothing wrong with it. in the end we're all rockin' in the same old boat, aren't we?! but let me see - maybe i can come up with a little bit less controversial topic next time 'round . . .
martin