Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
They are manifold. Mostly I am just trying to make head or tails of your posts is all. I cannot quite tell which way you are swinging or what you are talking about. I do apologize. I normally am more quick on the uptake.
No worries. In a nutshell we do not share the same opinion. That is all.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Can you imagine when she was a moderator here?
No need to imagine. It's all in the archives. I've rarely if ever deleted a post. And just to be clear, I have NEVER post under another screen name besides this one.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You're such a joy.

I believe you were given a vacation from here too, not too far back.
Thanks to you I'm sure. You're quite a charmer yourself.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Trying and failing. Utterly.
You were here. I recall discussing politics with you. You are fairly progressive as I recall.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
The Ivory Keys group is....something lol. The guy who runs that place is a bit too hardcore when it comes to Stevie.
Actually he doesn't run it anymore because he got tired of nasty people harassing the daylights out of him and having all of his blog posts (containing rare music files) deleted. Hence the rule that only positive things be said. It's not a bad thing and was an especially good place to hang out during the Lindsey debacle.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Actually he doesn't run it anymore because he got tired of nasty people harassing the daylights out of him and having all of his blog posts (containing rare music files) deleted. Hence the rule that only positive things be said. It's not a bad thing and was an especially good place to hang out during the Lindsey debacle.
I know the music files would get taken down but the rest is quite far from what I've heard. I heard of so many people-- all Stevie fans btw-- who said they got warnings and comments deleted if they would make simple remarks like that Stevie's hair looked kinda frizzy in a certain picture. And some people had their separate Twitter accounts stalked and kicked out of the group if they people in charge didn't like what they posted on their Twitter-- separate from the FB group. When I'd ask about it a lot of people would just tell me that the guy in charge can be really aggressive when it comes to "defending" Stevie and polices the place too hard.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I know the music files would get taken down but the rest is quite far from what I've heard. I heard of so many people-- all Stevie fans btw-- who said they got warnings and comments deleted if they would make simple remarks like that Stevie's hair looked kinda frizzy in a certain picture. And some people had their separate Twitter accounts stalked and kicked out of the group if they people in charge didn't like what they posted on their Twitter-- separate from the FB group. When I'd ask about it a lot of people would just tell me that the guy in charge can be really aggressive when it comes to "defending" Stevie and polices the place too hard.
I really enjoy Ivory Keys overall, and was quite grateful for the files, but even I got banned briefly - not for disparaging Stevie - for disparaging Joe Walsh! Turns out the guy ships Stevie and Joe hardcore. Luckily the other admin, who is a friend, pled my case and I was reinstated. That was a while back, though.

Last edited by sodascouts; 06-20-2018 at 05:52 PM..
Old 06-20-2018, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I really enjoy Ivory Keys overall, but even I got banned briefly - not for disparaging Stevie - for disparaging Joe Walsh! Turns out the guy ships Stevie and Joe hardcore. Luckily the other admin pled my case and I was reinstated.
I heard about that too. Even though Joe basically wanted nothing to do with her besides a "road f*ck" and said awful, cruel things about her. Even sober he was so dismissive of her and their relationship. Strange.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
That's interesting. I didn't know about any of that. I guess it's just like a lot of people have different opinions of this place.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I really enjoy Ivory Keys overall, and was quite grateful for the files, but even I got banned briefly - not for disparaging Stevie - for disparaging Joe Walsh! Turns out the guy ships Stevie and Joe hardcore. Luckily the other admin pled my case and I was reinstated. That was a while back, though.
Wow. It's not hard to disparage Joe for his previous antics. I still haven't read the groupie book because I actually like Joe and don't know if I really want/need to know all of that. I will say that the woman he is married to now, Marjorie Bach seems like a very classy woman. I wondered if Ringo introduced them since Ringo is married to her sister Barbara. Joe has come a long way I think.
Anyway I don't know if he shipped Joe and Stevie that hard until he discovered the Priest of Nothing demo.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You were here. I recall discussing politics with you. You are fairly progressive as I recall.
Heh, understatement!

I like your sig line a lot, and it holds a lot of valuable truth, I just cannot keep quiet when I see injustice though however.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Even sober he was so dismissive of her and their relationship. Strange.
I listened to that Howard Stern interview (if that's what you're referring to). I don't think he was so much dismissive as not wanting to talk about it because he felt it might be disrespectful to his wife. I remember he began a few of his responses with "Well my wife..." He did acknowledge that Stevie was special and that they were both so whacked out on coke that they had to seperate. I wonder if his responses are colored by the fact that he truly can't remember that much.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Heh, understatement!

I like your sig line a lot, and it holds a lot of valuable truth, I just cannot keep quiet when I see injustice though however.
Nothing wrong with that...
Old 06-20-2018, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow. It's not hard to disparage Joe for his previous antics. I still haven't read the groupie book because I actually like Joe and don't know if I really want/need to know all of that. I will say that the woman he is married to now, Marjorie Bach seems like a very classy woman. I wondered if Ringo introduced them since Ringo is married to her sister Barbara. Joe has come a long way I think.
Anyway I don't know if he shipped Joe and Stevie that hard until he discovered the Priest of Nothing demo.
I think he cleaned up his act (on Howard Stern when he was sober and still dismissive of her he acknowledged she was someone he had apologized to during his 12 steps) but it's so odd to me how people can "ship" that relationship when it's pretty obvious (to me at least) that he didn't care for her too much and she was at the time extremely, extremely drug addicted which no doubt in my mind really impacted her personality/behavior. I think Stevie is one of those people who 'feels' the most about her most toxic relationships. Which helps her write good songs but imo that's not how love should be.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I listened to that Howard Stern interview (if that's what you're referring to). I don't think he was so much dismissive as not wanting to talk about it because he felt it might be disrespectful to his wife. I remember he began a few of his responses with "Well my wife..." He did acknowledge that Stevie was special and that they were both so whacked out on coke that they had to seperate. I wonder if his responses are colored by the fact that he truly can't remember that much.
I have lots of judgmental things to say about Joe, lol, but perhaps we should do in another thread. I feel like I may have taken us off track.