User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-17-2018, 05:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
yes and for years Lindsey and Stevie put on a great show of affection for each other.

In other words, how they act onstage, whilst putting on a show is not necessarily indicative of anything that goes on offstage. Stevie often stays in a totally different hotel to the rest of the band. So when not on the same stage or airplane together, who knows how much time they actually spend together or what the nature of the relationship is. Not saying they don't, just saying what happens onstage isn't a gauge of what happens offstage.
I agree with everything you said. And a lot of what I saw was my perception, of course. But even with the Dance tour, which was just a repeat of the televised concert, I felt everything was fake. Not the original televised concert- I believed everything was genuine then, and that FM was just as surprised by how well it went as the fans were- but the tour itself, where they all repeated themselves, from the hug after Landslide to the concert chatter.

I also agree that "what happens onstage isn't a gauge of what happens offstage." To be honest, I don't really care too much what happens offstage, but I do care what happens onstage. And what I saw onstage for this tour was a real spontaneity, genuine affection, and happiness. Let me put it this way- if it's fake, I couldn't tell like I could before.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
As seemingly indicated by the fact that Mick and Christine were only able to communicate their congratulations about the HOF induction by tentatively whispering it to the exulted only after she appeared on stage.

Mick and Christine (whispering privately to Stevie): "Congratulations."
Stevie aka Gilderoy Lockhart, to entire arena: "Well! I would normally never do this, but since my backing musicians have insisted on making an announcement, I suppose I must reluctantly take a few minutes of this Fleetwood Mac show to discuss my acclaimed solo career!"
I have no idea who Gilderoy Lockhart is, but this was still hilarious! You forgot to add, Stevie then dedicated Landslide to... herself!

I hadn't known that Taku had toured with both FM and LB before. That gives credence to the thought that his comments were a reflection on the current lineup, and not a hidden dig at Lindsey.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Of course tambourine hag doesn’t want to talk about Lindsay. Because she looks awful and she is just that.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She would’ve hated to have sons? What a piece of work she is.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post

You are aware he's worked with Lindsey before on solo tours?
Yes. That is the context that proves my point. He says "blah blah blah better than any tour I've ever been on." And he has many years experience working with Lindsey. If someone who had never worked with Lindsey before were to make that statement, it would have nothing to do with Lindsey. Taku's quote has everything to do with him.
Old 12-17-2018, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post
Yes. That is the context that proves my point. He says "blah blah blah better than any tour I've ever been on." And he has many years experience working with Lindsey. If someone who had never worked with Lindsey before were to make that statement, it would have nothing to do with Lindsey. Taku's quote has everything to do with him.
That's not how that works. That statement could be interpreted many different ways, nothing is concrete. You're putting words in his mouth that simply are not there. You can take it for whatever you *think* it implies but it's strictly your opinion and nothing more than that.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He also toured with Stevie 2005-06.

2003-04: Fleetwood Mac, Buckingham "Soundstage" appearance (2003) (as percussionist, though he played an electronic drum)
2005-06: Nicks
2006-07: Buckingham (as the main drummer, not an auxiliary percussionist)
2010: Nicks (just a few shows, not a full-scale tour)
2018-19: Fleetwood Mac

So maybe (just maybe) he and Buckingham didn't get along, and so Fleetwood Mac could invite him back only after Lindsey's departure. Just speculation. Lindsey changed drummers after the second leg of his Under The Skin tour, but I don't know the circumstances. It may have been nothing more than Lindsey deciding to go with an experienced drummer rather than someone whose experience was as a percussionist. Even if under innocuous circumstances, it might have just been too politically infeasible for them to keep working together in Fleetwood Mac given that in 2007 Taku either left or was asked to.

Last edited by cbBen; 12-18-2018 at 02:13 PM..
Old 12-17-2018, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
sodascouts, I don't know if Prince would have gone to the induction ceremony or not, but if he had, he wouldn't have had to drop everything to do so, given the amount of notice he would have had. But your points are well made, as usual!
No, he wouldn't have to drop anything. I was just using dramatic wording to give it a bit of flair, but you're absolutely right. And thanks for the kind words of late.

Regarding Taku - regardless of whether you take his statement as critical of Lindsey or simply positive towards Neil/Mike/et al, one thing is for sure: it presents the current state of affairs in terms of "camaraderie" etc as preferable to the state of affairs when Lindsey was with the band. Thus, it implicitly makes the argument that Lindsey's firing was the right decision, if one is judging by that metric.

That rubs me the wrong way, I must admit.

Last edited by sodascouts; 12-17-2018 at 06:01 PM..
Old 12-17-2018, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I have no idea who Gilderoy Lockhart is
Then I fear we may never truly be friends.

Stevie these days is dreadfully reminiscent to me of both Gilderoy Lockhart and Horace Slughorn.

I might refer to her henceforth as Stevie Slughorn--or perhaps Gilderoy Wildheart?

Stevie and Lindsey duel onstage at their 2028 reunion tour.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Then I fear we may never truly be friends.

Stevie these days is dreadfully reminiscent to me of both Gilderoy Lockhart and Horace Slughorn.

I might refer to her henceforth as Stevie Slughorn--or perhaps Gilderoy Wildheart?

Stevie and Lindsey duel onstage at their 2028 reunion tour.
#I stand with Snape.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I thought she barely knew Prince, in everyone else's reality.
I love how she makes this illusion that they were the greatest of friends and that's why his death made such a massive impact on her. and she must honor him.

but didn't they meet up like 3 times?
i've always had the impression he didn't really give a $h!t about her
they def weren't "friends"

this article is all $tevie lies.
surprise surprise

ETA: let's guess at the 3 songs ...
Rhiannon, Dreams, Landslide **bangs head**
ooooh you mean solo ... and super important because of dead people ... SDMHA, Edge ... um ...

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 12-18-2018 at 05:53 PM..
Old 12-18-2018, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post

So maybe (just maybe) he and Buckingham didn't get along, and so Fleetwood Mac could invite him back only after Lindsey's departure. Just speculation. Lindsey changed drummers after the second leg of his Under The Skin tour, but I don't know the circumstances. It may have been nothing more than Lindsey deciding to go with an experienced drummer rather than someone whose experience was as a percussionist. Even if under innocuous circumstances, it might have just been too politically infeasible for them to keep working together in Fleetwood Mac given that in 2007 Taku either left or was asked to.
dunno the dates of Lindsey solo shows
but circa 2005 Taku was on tour with Bette Midler ... and a lot of her other tours since then.

also ... $tevie $lughorn ... bwaaaaaaaaaah hahahahahahaha ... she is definitely Lockheart in woman form. Celebrity is as celebrity does.

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 12-18-2018 at 06:13 PM..
Old 12-18-2018, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
dunno the dates of Lindsey solo shows
Taku left after the April 18 show, just before the band appeared on "Ellen" less than a week later: http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/album...tourdates.html

His lack of touring with FM 2009-15 could indeed just be due to a lack of availability.

Last edited by cbBen; 12-18-2018 at 07:00 PM..
Old 12-19-2018, 12:57 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
That's not how that works.
That's just your opinion.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's just your opinion.
Actually no, that's not an opinion thats a fact. Putting words in somebody's mouth is exactly that. He never mentioned Lindsey AT ALL so you have absolutely ZERO basis for anything you want to infer from the comment. The context of the statement was the tour itself, not Lindsey Buckingham. Save your BS for somebody else.

Last edited by BigAl84; 12-19-2018 at 09:46 AM..