User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-16-2018, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
My brother was very Athletic and would of been a perfect father for boys. He had three girls. My sister is ultra feminine and should of had a girl. Of course she had a boy.
They should trade.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-16-2018, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Regarding baby gender: You get what you get and you don't get upset. Thank you, Mrs. Po, my son's and daughter's nursery school teacher.
Old 12-16-2018, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In regard to the name dropping, I think there was some indication that Stevie and Prince were good friends, at least for a time. She wrote A Thousand Days about him, during the 80s she discussed phone conversations they had in interviews with a little smile on her face, she claims he invited her to write on Purple Rain, and IIRC she dedicated songs to him while in his home state prior to his death. Who knows everyone that talks to or hangs out with Stevie out of the public eye? And even if they were not as close as she now makes them out to be, he did do a little part on Stand Back and I think it is reasonable for her to lament his death at a time when she is being honored specifically for her solo work. Stand Back is one of her biggest hits, and who knows if he might have made the trip to perform with her at least once if he was still alive. We will never know.
Old 12-16-2018, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I have both, and trust me when I say that teenage girls are something one can never quite explain, nor understand.

Teenagers of either sex are wonderful, but a bit trying at times, as I think we all were in our teenage years.
Oh absolutely, but some days... When you are dealing with a bathroom floor sullied because someone was too lazy to aim (again), or you're sending someone back to the shower to actually wash for real this time. Girls at least must not have the frustrating lack of hygiene issues.
Old 12-16-2018, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I wish she would have elaborated more on why having sons would have driven her crazy.
They always leave the toilet seat up.
Old 12-16-2018, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Oh absolutely, but some days... When you are dealing with a bathroom floor sullied because someone was too lazy to aim (again), or you're sending someone back to the shower to actually wash for real this time. Girls at least must not have the frustrating lack of hygiene issues.
I beg to differ. The girls were worse than the boys at times (hygiene wise). Then that changes and you can’t get them OUT of the bathroom. They all have their quirks.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I beg to differ. The girls were worse than the boys at times (hygiene wise). Then that changes and you can’t get them OUT of the bathroom. They all have their quirks.
Maybe kids should come with a convenient time-share option. Trade back and forth seasonally or something.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
They always leave the toilet seat up.
Ah, now I understand!
Old 12-16-2018, 10:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
“The Mac will be back! But for now, it's a wrap for the holidays. I had such a great time over these last few months (2 months of rehearsals, and 2.5 months on the road)... It is such an honor to be onstage with these legends every night, and I am so happy to be back after all of these years. The positivity and camaraderie has been second to none compared to any other tour I have taken part on...” -Taku

See, if Stevie had said “The positivity and camaraderie has been second to none compared to any other tour I have taken part on..,” it would have been construed as commentary on Lindsey, as opposed to simple commentary on the current tour.
Uh, it is abundantly clear that the Taku quote is commentary on Lindsey. It's also clear that the "positivity and camaraderie" is about as genuine as "Everything Is Awesome" from The Lego Movie.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post
Uh, it is abundantly clear that the Taku quote is commentary on Lindsey. It's also clear that the "positivity and camaraderie" is about as genuine as "Everything Is Awesome" from The Lego Movie.
I really didn't take it that way, but it is possible. However, of the 5 tours I've seen FM (Behind the Mask, the Dance, Say You Will, Greatest Hits, and the current one), I've never seen them as affectionate and genuinely happy as they are on this current tour. Christine and Stevie seemed really close, as did Neil and Christine and Neil and Stevie. And Mike seemed really close to Christine. Seeing Christine perform on stage like never before was inspiring to me. I don't think they're so happy and upbeat because Lindsey isn't there, but because Neil and Mike have clearly inspired them. That may sound like semantics to some people, but I really believe that's why this tour may be different. If Taku was saying the positivity was due to Lindsey's absence, well he has the right to say that, too. It's his perception/opinion, after all. But I really don't think that's what he meant.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post
No....actually it is not abundantly clear that he's referring to Lindsey at all. That is your opinion, not a fact. Until one of us calls him up and asks to clarify, nobody knows a darn thing.

You are aware he's worked with Lindsey before on solo tours?
Old 12-16-2018, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I really didn't take it that way, but it is possible. However, of the 5 tours I've seen FM (Behind the Mask, the Dance, Say You Will, Greatest Hits, and the current one), I've never seen them as affectionate and genuinely happy as they are on this current tour. Christine and Stevie seemed really close, as did Neil and Christine and Neil and Stevie. And Mike seemed really close to Christine. Seeing Christine perform on stage like never before was inspiring to me. I don't think they're so happy and upbeat because Lindsey isn't there, but because Neil and Mike have clearly inspired them. That may sound like semantics to some people, but I really believe that's why this tour may be different. If Taku was saying the positivity was due to Lindsey's absence, well he has the right to say that, too. It's his perception/opinion, after all. But I really don't think that's what he meant.
yes and for years Lindsey and Stevie put on a great show of affection for each other.

In other words, how they act onstage, whilst putting on a show is not necessarily indicative of anything that goes on offstage. Stevie often stays in a totally different hotel to the rest of the band. So when not on the same stage or airplane together, who knows how much time they actually spend together or what the nature of the relationship is. Not saying they don't, just saying what happens onstage isn't a gauge of what happens offstage.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
If Taku was saying the positivity was due to Lindsey's absence, well he has the right to say that, too. It's his perception/opinion, after all. But I really don't think that's what he meant.
Taku used to be Lindsey's solo drummer after he toured with the band on Say You Will, right? Wow, Lindsey must have been such a tyrant for Taku to voluntarily suffer through a solo tour with him even after the 12 month (?) SYW world tour...

My honest opinion is that any perceived "good vibrations" on stage this time would not be due to Lindsey's absence per se, but to do with the fact that the remaining members (and, in Neil's case in North America, the new members) know that they have something to prove, given the "What the..?" cloud that hung over the start of the tour and initially (?) sketchy ticket sales.

Glad to hear that Christine is performing "like never before"...
Old 12-16-2018, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
In other words, how they act onstage, whilst putting on a show is not necessarily indicative of anything that goes on offstage. Stevie often stays in a totally different hotel to the rest of the band. So when not on the same stage or airplane together, who knows how much time they actually spend together or what the nature of the relationship is.
As seemingly indicated by the fact that Mick and Christine were only able to communicate their congratulations about the HOF induction by tentatively whispering it to the exulted only after she appeared on stage.

Mick and Christine (whispering privately to Stevie): "Congratulations."
Stevie aka Gilderoy Lockhart, to entire arena: "Well! I would normally never do this, but since my backing musicians have insisted on making an announcement, I suppose I must reluctantly take a few minutes of this Fleetwood Mac show to discuss my acclaimed solo career!"
Old 12-16-2018, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They should trade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatherBlade
Maybe kids should come with a convenient time-share option. Trade back and forth seasonally or something.
The Ledge has always been a place for trading bootlegs and other memorabilia.
I suppose children-trading was the next logical step!