User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by missus View Post
I think exactly that...I don't like the idea...I hate to say unpleasant things about a fellow artist.....but IMO Sheryl Crow will do ANYTHING to get her face out there....a commercial, a charity, a "guest shot"....she's right up there with Brett Michaels....ANYTHING for publicity....embarassing...nothing to do with music....everything to do with self-promotion of the worst kind.This next is a truly , truly horrible thing to say....but, IMO, and forgive me if I'm wrong.....even the marriage to Lance Armstrong smacks of a publicity stunt to me....There is an old one-liner in showbiz that" dying is a great career move". I ( and I know this sounds terribly mean spirited), I think that if Crow could manage to "die" somehow, for awhile...and then magically reappear...she'd do it. And BTW; recently my wife was (THANK GOD) MIS-diagnosed with a fast moving form of liver cancer...We were told, erroneously thank GOD, that the chemo and other treatment could completely bust our lifetime insurance cap....and that we better start thinking about maybe doing some fundraisers...we were panicked..I immediately got on the phone and started calling;....1st Mick Fleetwood...Mick said he would play(we weren't asking for money, just "time and talent)anytime, anywhere...so did Rick Vito...so did Billy Burnette...so did Walter Eagan....so did Jeff Baxter. Stevie Nicks and Lindsey didn't bother to even return my calls. The die is cast...I now know who's got a heart and who doesn't....REALLY got a heart, not the phony heart on sleeve BS that often passes for "empathy" in Hollywood. Sorry to have to say this...Stevie stiffed me and my wife....so did Lindsey....Mick and everybody else came through when we really thought Wendy was at death's door...A misdiagnosis, again, thank God. I will never forget who was a friend....and who wasn't.

Bob Welch
wx-Fleetwood Mac,Capitol Records artist etc. etc.
Glad your wife is ok. That must've been quite a scare to say the least.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
IMO Sheryl Crow will do ANYTHING to get her face out there....a commercial, a charity, a "guest shot"....she's right up there with Brett Michaels....ANYTHING for publicity....embarassing...nothing to do with music....everything to do with self-promotion of the worst kind.
EXACTLY. I really think she would only do this for popularity - to get her name out there again - not for the music.

Glad your wife is okay, too! Sucks about Stevie and Lindsey... but I'm not surprised. Did you talk to John?

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 04-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
RE: Missus Post

Third, could it be a case of "the people who work for them" are lousy, egotistical and didn't pass your messages on? I am in no way, making excuses for La Nicks or Mr. B. Both have egos larger than the universe, (and of course, the universe seems to center around them.) In Denver and Boulder, I was disenchanted with this Jimmy guy who works for LB. Arrogance doesn't describe his demeanor but he seems to have it in his head that someone-died-and-made-him-God.

Back when I used to watch Oprah (and I don't anymore) she said that it is the job of the manager...to play the heavy and be rude, so that the star can look good.

Fourth, if you get a scare in the future, speaking for myself, I am available. If I can help, let me know. That's why we are humans, and it is our empathy that sets us apart from the rest of the animal kingdom. I am sorry that the other two didn't respond when you put out the call.

Go Bob!
Go Wendy!
Betsy...Thanks for your good wishes ! In Nick's case, I don't think it was a "management protecting the prima-donna" thing...because I called Stevies brother , Chris Nicks too.And Chris is very close to Stevie, like I am with my own sister...So I'm sure he told her...she just didn't want to get involved...too many "other" charity gigs with higher publicity profiles I guess..

Thanks for your offer of help....Hopefully all this is past us now , at least the drastic panicky part ;-)

All the best,

Bob Welch
Old 04-24-2008, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think exactly that...I don't like the idea...I hate to say unpleasant things about a fellow artist.....but IMO Sheryl Crow will do ANYTHING to get her face out there....a commercial, a charity, a "guest shot"....she's right up there with Brett Michaels....ANYTHING for publicity....embarassing...nothing to do with music....everything to do with self-promotion of the worst kind.This next is a truly , truly horrible thing to say....but, IMO, and forgive me if I'm wrong.....even the marriage to Lance Armstrong smacks of a publicity stunt to me....There is an old one-liner in showbiz that" dying is a great career move". I ( and I know this sounds terribly mean spirited), I think that if Crow could manage to "die" somehow, for awhile...and then magically reappear...she'd do it. And BTW; recently my wife was (THANK GOD) MIS-diagnosed with a fast moving form of liver cancer...We were told, erroneously thank GOD, that the chemo and other treatment could completely bust our lifetime insurance cap....and that we better start thinking about maybe doing some fundraisers...we were panicked..I immediately got on the phone and started calling;....1st Mick Fleetwood...Mick said he would play(we weren't asking for money, just "time and talent)anytime, anywhere...so did Rick Vito...so did Billy Burnette...so did Walter Eagan....so did Jeff Baxter. Stevie Nicks and Lindsey didn't bother to even return my calls. The die is cast...I now know who's got a heart and who doesn't....REALLY got a heart, not the phony heart on sleeve BS that often passes for "empathy" in Hollywood. Sorry to have to say this...Stevie stiffed me and my wife....so did Lindsey....Mick and everybody else came through when we really thought Wendy was at death's door...A misdiagnosis, again, thank God. I will never forget who was a friend....and who wasn't.

Bob Welch

Bob, I am so sorry to hear of what your wife went through, and of what you went through in the horror of having to stand back and watch it happen and feel helpless.

You are certain that the messages to Stevie and Lindsey reached them? Stevie has a done a great deal of benefit work over the years on behalf of cancer, The City of Hope, for the heart causes, for tsumani relief, for veterans, and I know Lindsey and Fleetwood Mac have participated in some of that to an extent.

You have all lived a life most of us can't imagine. On top of the world, and sadly enough, at the bottom of deep despair. I hope you will all find healing.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
Blimey!

There's not a lot you can say say after that is there?

Gail
LOL.. Too funny Gail, but it doesn't suprise me in the least - regarding Sheryl.. Stevie.. well, I'm surpised that she didn't at the very least, have Karen call Bob back and explain why she couldn't. At least, at that point Bob would have known something.

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 04-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Betsy...Thanks for your good wishes ! In Nick's case, I don't think it was a "management protecting the prima-donna" thing...because I called Stevies brother , Chris Nicks too.And Chris is very close to Stevie, like I am with my own sister...So I'm sure he told her...she just didn't want to get involved...too many "other" charity gigs with higher publicity profiles I guess..

Thanks for your offer of help....Hopefully all this is past us now , at least the drastic panicky part ;-)

All the best,

Bob Welch

Bob, I've read too many things on this board about Chris to "assume" your message went through.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

All the best,

Bob Welch
Thanks BOB!

As for Chris Nicks, his reputation doesn't seem to be squeaky-clean-love-thy-neighbor, or am I wrong? The talk around this place is that he likes the little groupies who follow Stevie's tours, in the hopes, that when one falls off the bandwagon, he can catch her.

I didn't mean to sound so sarcastic, re-reading that it sounds like the old *spider to the fly* poem.

Maybe I am not giving Chris a fair, favorable opinion, and it's guilt by association.

Regardless, I like your viewpoint. And I am sure that a lot of people around this place, would come running, if you put out the call.

Now...new topic.

Come play Denver.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Bob Welch
Hi Bob..

I'm SOOO glad and relieved to hear that your wife is ok now! Thank the Lord, that she was just mis-diagnosed. I know that must have been a really hard time for you both!
It doesn't suprise me in the least, regarding Sheryl- but Stevie? I know you guys recorded music together earlier on, as well as being friends.. That sort of suprises me - as she doesn't seem to be that type of person at all. I know she's been very busy fund-raising, but at least a call from Karen explaining that would have been nice, if not from Stevie, herself. It just doesn't seem like Stevie.. At any rate, glad to see you here on the Ledge! And wishing you and your wife lots of love and healing!

Hugs to you,

Arlene

Old 04-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And to think...you sat by her sorry ass at the American Music Awards back in 1978!

(I got an old videotape of it, and watched it recently.)

You even presented an award that night!

[On edit, of course I am joking. It was meant to be a joke. Sorry that people didn't find it funny. Ever get in one of those weird moods and things are funny?]

Last edited by Betsy; 04-24-2008 at 05:57 PM..
Old 04-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down Fleetwood Mac...and Sheryl Crow...

jumping the shark to stay relevant, coming to a shed possibly near you (For the 'right price').

Count me out of jumping for joy in regards to this news.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 04-24-2008 at 04:05 PM..
Old 04-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviefan49 View Post
LOL.. Too funny Gail, but it doesn't suprise me in the least - regarding Sheryl.. Stevie.. well, I'm surpised that she didn't at the very least, have Karen call Bob back and explain why she couldn't. At least, at that point Bob would have known something.

Maybe it's because I'm moving into the last "decanate" of my life , as far as my "progressed" astrological chart goes..... but for me I was (born) Virgo> "progressed".> to Libra.>, and now, final progression> to the dreaded....>Scorpio until I'm 90 (if I make it that far). This seems to be having an effect on me of being less reticent, less of a diplomat, more outspoken, perhaps harsh , yes.....even "bitchy". So, with that explanation,I find I must (Scorpio compels me !) say that in all of my wife and I's dealings with the abovementioned "Karen" , "Karen" has been completely rude , dismissive, and is herself a legend in her own mind...just cause she works for one. In plain English , and non-diplomatic Scorpio-speak...Karen has acted like a complete bitchto us. For clarity, and emphasis I repeat; a complete bitch. She wouldn't even let Wendy, who has a heart condition and uses a pacemaker, come into the air-coditioned dressing room here in Nashville....She made Wendy stand outside in the heat of the Nashville summer...wouldn't even get her a chair to sit in.....the band and Nicks had to "cool down" you know, before they let anybody in. Yeah right.

All this, and I was IN Fleetwood Mac for gawds sake. I can only imagine how "Karen" treats "regular" people !

Bob Welch
Old 04-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe it's because I'm moving into the last "decanate" of my life , as far as my "progressed" astrological chart goes..... but for me I was (born) Virgo> "progressed".> to Libra.>, and now, final progression> to the dreaded....>Scorpio until I'm 90 (if I make it that far). This seems to be having an effect on me of being less reticent, [I]lesyes.....even "bitchy". Bob Welch
You're not being "bitchy", and there's no need to explain why you're just telling it like it is. I'm quite sure that most of us around here respect that in a person. I'm sorry that you and your wife were so poorly treated by people you probably considered friends.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori40 View Post
You're not being "bitchy", and there's no need to explain why you're just telling it like it is. I'm quite sure that most of us around here respect that in a person. I'm sorry that you and your wife were so poorly treated by people you probably considered friends.
Hey Bob..

These are my sentiments exactly.. I'm just a little more than stunned that Stevie would even "allow' Karen to treat you that way! I'm SO sorry to hear Karen was so horrid to poor Wendy, knowing she had a heart condition! And I have to agree.. you aren't bitchy in the least! I just don't understand Stevie's actions..

Old 04-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is all I have to add to this conversation....

Photobucket
Old 04-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe it's because I'm moving into the last "decanate" of my life , as far as my "progressed" astrological chart goes..... but for me I was (born) Virgo> "progressed".> to Libra.>, and now, final progression> to the dreaded....>Scorpio until I'm 90 (if I make it that far). This seems to be having an effect on me of being less reticent, less of a diplomat, more outspoken, perhaps harsh , yes.....even "bitchy". So, with that explanation,I find I must (Scorpio compels me !) say that in all of my wife and I's dealings with the abovementioned "Karen" , "Karen" has been completely rude , dismissive, and is herself a legend in her own mind...just cause she works for one. In plain English , and non-diplomatic Scorpio-speak...Karen has acted like a complete bitchto us. For clarity, and emphasis I repeat; a complete bitch. She wouldn't even let Wendy, who has a heart condition and uses a pacemaker, come into the air-coditioned dressing room here in Nashville....She made Wendy stand outside in the heat of the Nashville summer...wouldn't even get her a chair to sit in.....the band and Nicks had to "cool down" you know, before they let anybody in. Yeah right.

All this, and I was IN Fleetwood Mac for gawds sake. I can only imagine how "Karen" treats "regular" people !

Bob Welch
Hey Bob..

I'm SOO sorry to hear that Karen - knowingly treated your wife this way! No, you aren't being bitchy, as Lori40 stated, but as she said, just "telling it like it is". It really blows me away that Stevie - or someone on her staff couldn't at least have the common courtesy to at the very least return your call and let you know that she was busy touring, or whatever the reason. I always thought very highly of her, and thought a lot more of her character. I guess like you said, you truly find out who your true "friend's" are. I know I did as well, with some "on-line" Stevie fans.. LOL.. I'm very blessed to have a great on-line FM/ Stevie based Yahoo group, with a lot of wonderful friends, as well as a lot of awesome friends, here on the Ledge!

All my love to you and Wendy,

Arlene