User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Speaking of Lisa Hartman Black, she was in my neighborhood the other day.
She and Clint were picking up a puppy.

HomerMcvie you've lost a serious amount of weight. Good for you.

I think it's cereal for me tonight since I ate a 1/4 cheeseburger from
MacD's. Frosted Mini-Wheats it is.
"Frosted"? Probably more calories than the quarter-pounder.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:06 PM
Registered

Homer, 5'10" and 135 or 140 sounds like teenager-skinny. Good for you! If 180 was the most you ever weighed at 5'10", do you realize that you were just on the 'high' end of what the "correct weight" for that height would be? -- according to this 'chart' my doctor is big on.
I'm 6 feet even, and my doctor gets nuts about me dropping below 165, but 156 to 160 is where I like to be. Right now, about 163.
PS- Oh, I'm asking for it, with this. But, Homer, you are a guy, right? 5'10 and 135 pounds sounds 'right' or thin for a woman, but very, very slight for a man. If you are a guy, you must swim in a 29" waist pair of jeans, cuz even at 163, I have room in my 32's and fit into most of the older "31's". I'm sure I'll never wear a 30" again, though.
Edit: On second thought, I think 135 on 5'10" sounds very thin for a woman, also. That is a lean weight for the height.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 09-23-2010 at 07:31 PM..
Old 09-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
Homer, 5'10" and 135 or 140 sounds like teenager-skinny. Good for you! If 180 was the most you ever weighed at 5'10", do you realize that you were just on the 'high' end of what the "correct weight" for that height would be? -- according to this 'chart' my doctor is big on.
I'm 6 feet even, and my doctor gets nuts about me dropping below 165, but 156 to 160 is where I like to be. Right now, about 163.
PS- Oh, I'm asking for it, with this. But, Homer, you are a guy, right? 5'10 and 135 pounds sounds 'right' or thin for a woman, but very, very slight for a man. If you are a guy, you must swim in a 29" waist pair of jeans, cuz even at 163, I have room in my 32's and fit into most of the older "31's". I'm sure I'll never wear a 30" again, though.
Edit: On second thought, I think 135 on 5'10" sounds very thin for a woman, also. That is a lean weight for the height.
Haha, I'm shooting for teenager skinny! You're not the first person to say that, either!

I didn't mention, that the 45 lbs in the past year, wasn't "all" of it. Three years ago, I was up to 215. Not obese, but very chubby. I lost 30, and maintained that. Last fall though, I had sort of a life changing epiphany, and decided that I was going to make some personal changes. Permanent changes. So yeah, from three years ago, 80 lbs lighter!

Yes, I'm a guy. Funny thing is, people always thought of me as a fairly big guy. I ~was~ strong. Still am, sort of, but I've lost a lot of muscle, with the weight. And yeah, I'm below 28" jeans now. I tried to buy some at Kohl's, a few weeks ago. And the smallest they had, were 28's, and too big. I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I now know that I can wear women's size 0. I've bought a few pairs of jeans at Goodwill, and I'm relegated to either shopping the boy's section(usually too short, as I need 32 long), or the women's jeans. I just look for one's that don't look feminine(fancy stitching on pockets, and the like).
My shirts? Well, I WAS wearing Extra Large's. I'm now in smalls, and even some extra smalls. Guys, I fukcing love this! I've not been THIN, since I was about 8 years old. Never obese, just always 30 lbs over(if not a little more). I'm now the boss of my dinner plate, and my stomach, for the first time in my life. And that, my friends, is an awesome feeling for me.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:53 PM
Registered

^ Well, a great big fat congratulations to you! Your achievement is mindblowing.
You're there. You're beyond there.
Now have a bacon burger and a milkshake, just one! I'm bad at math, but you have lost a huge percentage of your total body weight and quite quickly. You deserve to be very proud of yourself.
As a man, you deserve not to be embarrassed to fit into a woman's size 0, but it may be a sign, so pls be kind to yourself and to your body. Don't mistake any of that for criticism!* You have achieved so much! Oh damn. That isn't going to go over.
* I am in no position or condition to criticize anyone, my life this year has been surreal with crazy stuff, withdrawals from prescription med 'dependency' then put on medication totally mis-prescribed for me. I've also had other medication malfunctions, one contributed to me walking out on a Stevie concert after 2 songs because I was exhausted and pissed off. A lot of this I have shared here, and I capped it all off by moving into a house so ridiculously huge for me it's comical.
So, don't let any comment from this trainwreck** that is I de-rail you. As if it could
Congratulations again, and enjoy it all!

** this trainwreck that tis I, however, is just about back on track, finally, dings covered with some fresh paint, and stubborn about going the distance
Homer, I'm curious, and ok, nosey. Age range? I've told mine a bunch of times, not that it means you have to. 46, here.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 09-23-2010 at 09:05 PM..
Old 09-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^ Well, a great big fat congratulations to you! Your achievement is mindblowing.
You're there. You're beyond there.
Now have a bacon burger and a milkshake, just one! I'm bad at math, but you have lost a huge percentage of your total body weight and quite quickly. You deserve to be very proud of yourself.
As a man, you deserve not to be quite so glad to fit into a woman's size 0, so pls be kind to yourself and to your body. Don't mistake any of that for criticism!* You have achieved so much! Oh damn. That isn't going to go over.
* I am in no position or condition to criticize anyone, my life this year has been surreal with crazy stuff, withdrawals from prescription med 'dependency' then put on medication totally mis-prescribed for me. I've also had other medication malfunctions, one contributed to me walking out on a Stevie concert after 2 songs because I was exhausted and pissed off. A lot of this I have shared here, and I capped it all off by moving into a house so ridiculously huge for me it's comical.
So, don't let any comment from this trainwreck** that is I de-rail you. As if it could
Congratulations again, and enjoy it all!

** this trainwreck that tis I, however, is just about back on track, finally, with some fresh paint, and stubborn about going the distance
Dang, you make me want to lose 20 pounds!
Haha, I don't take it as criticism! Yeah, I'm thrilled, with what I've accomplished. It sounds egotistical, but for ME, it's probably the greatest thing I've ever accomplished. I mean, I'm a college grad, and all that, but on a personal level, this means more to me, than almost anything else I've done. A personal victory!

Good luck with yours!

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 09-23-2010 at 09:13 PM..
Old 09-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I went out to dinner tonight with colleagues for a bridal shower. I had lasagna and a half bottle of wine.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
I went out to dinner tonight with colleagues for a bridal shower. I had lasagna and a half bottle of wine.
Yum. That sounds good.
While I have never liked alcohol, I just mixed myself a vodka and ginger ale. Reading The Ledge with a drink in hand is a first, for me. Oh, and one day shy of 3 months, I have to share... I no longer crave opiates, it's over. Actually, it's been a week now that I've been over it, and it feels so freeing. I quit 3 months ago after almost 8 years on a prescribed opiate 3 times a day, but it was only last week that I felt 'I don't care anymore, it's like I never was on them'. That was BIG.
Truly, I don't like alcohol enough to ever drink a lot. Never have liked it. I just want a little something, it's just how I am, and always have been. But now I know not to get what I like- just have a little vodka maybe twice a month, two drinks is my max.
Happily, I said 'no' to this other narcotic suggested that I try for a month to maintain this, called subutex, this week at my doctor's. No thank you. Didn't need it. Amazed and grateful.
OK, back to the food---tomorrow I'm cooking an old fashioned Commie dinner for my parents and I-- kilbosi, which they love and I hate, kraut, pierogi with grilled onions (which I love), and a small batch of the Hungarian nut pastry my Dad loves, though we aren't Hungarian, made with flour, eggs, sour creme and marzipan with sweet cream butter and sugar and light-brown sugar, chilled, rolled out and then shaped into crescents. I hate that part of the process. My mom is legally blind and her crescents still look better than mine do. Even now, she puts me to shame folding laundry, too. Guess I just can't fold. Oh well. Other than that, I'm great in the kitchen and laundry room!
Leftovers, if any, will be left for Dad after I leave their house. Good baked goods are not to be kept here at my house, overnight, I would wake up from a sound sleep and eat whatever was left and it'd be gone by noon. This vodka is kicking in. Nite

Last edited by Nikolaj; 09-23-2010 at 10:08 PM..
Old 09-23-2010, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would wake up from a sound sleep and eat whatever was left and it'd be gone by noon. This vodka is kicking in. Nite
That's funny. I rarely take naps, maybe once a month...but when I awake from a nap, I MUST eat something. So it is written.
Congrats on the kicking in. I'm mixing a band now, Beck's Dark in hand, soon to be followed by a shot of Red Stag(or 3! ).
Old 09-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Poptarts. I'm too sick to leave my room so I had to eat whatever we had here.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Registered

Which flavor of pop tarts, Danielle? I think the brown sugar cinammon are best, but have 7gms of fat per 'tart' whilst the chocolate, blueberry, strawberry and cherry only have 5 gms fat per 'tart'. Those 2 grams add up when you're looking at an empty box!

Last edited by Nikolaj; 10-10-2010 at 01:40 PM..
Old 09-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They were raspberry! Delicious.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:23 AM
Registered

Sigh. Blueberry & strawberry Pop-Tarts are pretty much the only way I can eat fruit.

Oh, and daquiris.

Don't get me wrong - I want to like fruit. But for some reason, every time I try to eat real fruit, either my lips swell up all weird or my throat itches like freakin' crazy and it's just not worth it. I have no idea why. It happens the worst with apples, peaches, and certain types of melon like canteloupe & honeydew. I have the same problem with avocado, but to a much lesser degree, so I can still eat those.

Bananas don't do it, but I can't stand the way bananas feel, so I can't eat them. I can eat cooked fruit without the swelling or the itchy, but again, can't stand the way they feel, so that's out, too. I have texture issues. I'm like the world's tallest 4 year old.

But for dinner today, I had lamb shwarma. Cute Guitar Boy & I discovered this amazing place up the street that does Middle Eastern, Mediterranean and Italian food, and they deliver. Score! I haven't had proper Middle Eastern food since I left Michigan lo these many years ago, so this is awesome.

Now if I could just find a local pizza place that doesn't use that nasty Provel "cheese," I'll be in business. Seriously - what on Earth are you trying to pull here, Saint Louis? I'm sorry, but that is not cheese. That is chemicals. And abomination.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 09-24-2010, 03:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
Iced Tea is just wrong...
So if I told you that you're the cornbread and iced tea of life,
you wouldn't take it as a compliment?
Old 09-24-2010, 03:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Now if I could just find a local pizza place that doesn't use that nasty Provel "cheese," I'll be in business. Seriously - what on Earth are you trying to pull here, Saint Louis? I'm sorry, but that is not cheese. That is chemicals. And abomination.
that's just as bad as the "mexican" place in my hometown where they use american cheese on everything.

american. "cheese."

for dinner tonight i had some veggie lasagna (best veggie lasagna ever, it had zucchini and eggplant in it) and some sort of chicken pesto type thing.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
that's just as bad as the "mexican" place in my hometown where they use american cheese on everything.

american. "cheese."

for dinner tonight i had some veggie lasagna (best veggie lasagna ever, it had zucchini and eggplant in it) and some sort of chicken pesto type thing.
GAH. I hate plastic cheese. The only way I can eat it without wanting to yak is on a burger from a fast food joint. I think it's because those are already trashy, and no amount of gruyere is going to class them up, so I might as well give in and enjoy my McDouble which has no right being as delicious as it is.

Your lasagna sounds good, though. I love eggplant and zucchini.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 09-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Nikolaj
This message has been deleted by Nikolaj. Reason: dup