User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-05-2018, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
But the real deal will come when Mike goes back to The Heartbreakers and Neil figures out that he has more fun and gratification when he's playing with his son or his brother, leaving FM without a guitarist, AGAIN!
This is coming down the turnpike. I feel it. The two new guys are fighting an uphill battle, and it's a battle they aren't even especially passionate about.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-05-2018, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
This is coming down the turnpike. I feel it. The two new guys are fighting an uphill battle, and it's a battle they aren't even especially passionate about.
I'm glad someone backed me up on that. Coming from you is especially important. Cause most times you know what you're talking about and have a good feel of the Mac World. You know the history and all. But I do feel that this may be the last tour and then it will be over. Stevie will go solo, Mike will regroup with the Heartbreakers, Neil will go back to the Finns, John will retire, Christine will rejoin LB, and Mick will keep swinging his balls whichever way the wind blows them.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well also just given the ages of the rest of the band members, this is not going to be a prolonged engagement. My guess is a UK/Australia/New Zealand tour the summer and fall of 2019 following the conclusion of the US tour, and some kind of release with new material — maybe not a full album but some other reissue with a few new songs in 2020 and then John and Christine will retire in 2021-2023. Stevie, Mick, Mike and Neil will continue making music in other configurations.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Last night's concert in Chicago was incredible. The new lineup is getting better with each show. Of course, they miss Lindsey but Neil/Mike did a great job last night. Neil is looking for comfortable and energetic and Mike is such a monster with the guitar. It's a different band now, but still fantastic.

And Lindsey is doing his solo thing which may be the best thing for him. He's such a creative force and perhaps he'll be happier being the sole captain.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Last night's concert in Chicago was incredible. The new lineup is getting better with each show. Of course, they miss Lindsey but Neil/Mike did a great job last night. Neil is looking for comfortable and energetic and Mike is such a monster with the guitar. It's a different band now, but still fantastic.

And Lindsey is doing his solo thing which may be the best thing for him. He's such a creative force and perhaps he'll be happier being the sole captain.
You actually ENJOYED Neil's performance?

Well spank my ass and call me Nancy!

Will miracles never cease?
Old 10-08-2018, 01:20 AM
Ledgie

I really regret missing out on the Buckingham McVie tour. The night they were playing in my area, I was on a cruise with my family and I'm probably the only member of my family who would have rather been at a Buckingham McVie concert than on a cruise. I thought maybe they would have done a second leg and if not that, I figured Fleetwood Mac (with Lindsey) would tour again. I hold out hope that they're open to reforming with Lindsey again after this tour ends but as they're getting up there in age, who knows if they'll tour again at all? It's just such a shame for so many reasons.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRaccoon View Post
I really regret missing out on the Buckingham McVie tour. The night they were playing in my area, I was on a cruise with my family and I'm probably the only member of my family who would have rather been at a Buckingham McVie concert than on a cruise. I thought maybe they would have done a second leg and if not that, I figured Fleetwood Mac (with Lindsey) would tour again. I hold out hope that they're open to reforming with Lindsey again after this tour ends but as they're getting up there in age, who knows if they'll tour again at all? It's just such a shame for so many reasons.
Buck Vie was the BEST chapter in the past 30 years of FM, imo. I LOVED it, and cried at both shows I saw.

Yeah, part of the crying was realizing that the BAND OF MY ENTIRE LIFE is winding down, and approaching the end of their runways. There isn't much time left for the swan song we'd hoped for, and it sure looks like Buck Vie was it. I'm still very thankful for it.

I'd love for them to get back together after this debacle, but they're both losing their voices... what can we hope for in 2-3 years?
Old 10-08-2018, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey confirmed last night that his departure was all Stevie’s doing she can go to hell.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRaccoon View Post
They came through my town and there were actually heavily discounted tickets available through Groupon or Living Social, but I just couldn't seem to pull the trigger on going. I think it must be because the album was so hit or miss for me. There were things I really liked, and things I thought were horrible. Add to that the Ledgie reviews around here were all over the board as well, with some people praising the performances and some saying the whole thing made them sad. I guess I'll never know now.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You better BELIEVE they should miss him. FM doesn't have a guitarist who can play the freaking guitar like this. Not to mention his artistry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w216...&start_radio=1