Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-13-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I’d love to see Stevie and Roger McGuinn do a tour with the surviving members of the Heartbreakers.
That would be amazing.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
This would be my lineup:

Eric Clapton
Mick Fleetwood
John McVie
Christine McVie
John Mayall
Rick Vito
Does Peter still play?
Old 02-13-2018, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Does Peter still play?
I thought about him, but I’m not sure he can keep up anymore with the others and I don’t know how reliable he would be.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-13-2018, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not sure why anyone would think new music is on the way. If they can't agree on radio station or a tour, why would a new album be in the works?

I have no idea what the issues are; but if i were a guessing man....

LB has to scrap plans due to FM tour and rehearsals. (I mean look at the time line) If he wanted to get this music out he should have released it now (with a small tour). But then there are changes at his record company. So who knows the business of that fiasco.

Mick wants it to be a long tour and CM/LB want a year or less. That way, BuckVie II can happen.
SN will do what Mick wants because she see numbers like Mick and that's important to her.
JM will do whatever Mick tells him because he's made it clear he plays bass and doesn't even like being in the studio for more than a few takes.

I wouldn't mind if Stevie went solo and actually wrote another album. Christine did blues or another BuckVie album. LB did his solo album and tour. Mick and John and Christine do a blues album with Eric Clapton. (dreaming!)

But another 2 year greatest hits and Stevie talking, and rehearsed speeches? blahhhhhhh it's so tired.
Are you sure you don't have a crystal ball somewhere?

A short FM tour will do for me. All that fakeness during two years? No, thanks! Besides, they won't be able to keep with that act much longer if they can't even be on a same room together during a negociation.

I don't care what Stevie does. Same for Mick. As long as I have my LB's tour and BuckVie 2.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Are you sure you don't have a crystal ball somewhere?

A short FM tour will do for me. All that fakeness during two years? No, thanks! Besides, they won't be able to keep with that act much longer if they can't even be on a same room together during a negociation.

I don't care what Stevie does. Same for Mick. As long as I have my LB's tour and BuckVie 2.
It's weird that Lindsey and Stevie were holding hands on stage (arm in arm actually) for the Music Cares event while Mick and Christine were speaking. Are they always faking it? Or are they faking that they hate each other? One never knows with them. Could they be faking the hate to add drama?
Old 02-14-2018, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
It's weird that Lindsey and Stevie were holding hands on stage (arm in arm actually) for the Music Cares event while Mick and Christine were speaking. Are they always faking it? Or are they faking that they hate each other? One never knows with them. Could they be faking the hate to add drama?
Remember, no matter how bad it gets between them, Stevie and Lindsey went from playing high school parties in San Francisco to becoming international rock legends together, and a night where they were being honored for their music, which largely documents that journey, had to be an awe inspiring moment that they could only share with each other. I can imagine Lindsey having a moment where he looked at his 17 year old daughter and 19 year old son, looked at Stevie, realized they were roughly that age when they started, looked at the crowd, thought about what the event was for, and got lost in the totality of the moment.

That said, my take on the drama between them is that Stevie (and Mick, for that matter) exaggerates the drama to the point where it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Lindsey played along during the years Christine was gone for the sake of the band. After Christine came back, he quit playing along. He had a collaborator, and Stevie kind of lost her power in the situation as far as he was concerned. I’ll be curious to see what their chemistry is like on the next tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-14-2018, 01:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
That would be amazing.
It would never happen, but I would love to see a tour with the Heartbreakers, Stevie, and Chris Stapleton. His version of Learning to Fly that he did after Tom's death was awesome, as was his Grammy tribute. But he of course has his own amazing stuff going on.

I have lost all interest in a FM tour. Paying ridiculous price to watch either tense interaction or phoniness is not appealing, as much as I would love to see them one last time.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
It would never happen, but I would love to see a tour with the Heartbreakers, Stevie, and Chris Stapleton. His version of Learning to Fly that he did after Tom's death was awesome, as was his Grammy tribute. But he of course has his own amazing stuff going on.

I have lost all interest in a FM tour. Paying ridiculous price to watch either tense interaction or phoniness is not appealing, as much as I would love to see them one last time.
They seem more creative apart than together. So be it.

I'd love to see a 4 piece like Steve said. The duo is great. Stevie needs to get off her butt and write another solo album. Circa Wild Heart.. some nice beautifully crafted pop... maybe Jimmy will jump in with her. Do a tune with the Heartbreakers..
Old 02-14-2018, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yep, actually Stevie was clinging to Lindsey's arm. That's a bit (actually a lot) different than holding hands. When Lindsey was speaking she was arm in arm with John. Or were they also holding hands? I can't tell, it's pretty much the same, right?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 02-18-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Yep, actually Stevie was clinging to Lindsey's arm. That's a bit (actually a lot) different than holding hands. When Lindsey was speaking she was arm in arm with John. Or were they also holding hands? I can't tell, it's pretty much the same, right?
John and Christine were arm in arm!! They must be back together!!!
Old 02-18-2018, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
John and Christine were arm in arm!! They must be back together!!!
Isn't it funny how no SANE person would ever think that, yet ~some~ fans eat it up, when they can apply it to you know who?
Old 02-18-2018, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Isn't it funny how no SANE person would ever think that, yet ~some~ fans eat it up, when they can apply it to you know who?
My point in posting that is to wonder how much of their drama is real. Not for any other reason.
Old 02-18-2018, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My point in posting that is to wonder how much of their drama is real. Not for any other reason.
you know, if we are talking about drama, i think a lot of it is real. these are weird, self-centered, over-indulged people who achieved tremendous success and made tons of money, so they could hire people who had to listen to them and stroke their egos. Lindsey once said that criteria for mental illness and who'd be termed "crazy" is very different out in the real job world vs if you are in a successful rnr band. i think although they stopped doing drugs and alcohol and seem to be mostly living very health-conscious lives, that drama and push pulls between FM band members (probably helped by their managers and lawyers) is very much still there and that's why every time they want to do something - an album, a tour, they all have different opinions and it goes in circles way longer than it should before anything gets done. but i guess they made it like that through the last 40+ years so they'll probably get it somewhat together for a possibly one last tour too. or maybe they won't, who knows?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-18-2018, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know. I think SnL love drama. I think they just don’t know how to live without it. Maybe Lindsey was mad or moody at Musicares but Stevie was not the reason. Who knows. They’re complicated people (SnL, the Brits are fine!).
It’s gonna be an interesting tour, that’s for sure... if we ever get one.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I don’t think it’s a matter of fans’ sanity, I think the Stevie-Lindsey drama became the primary storyline used to market the band since it was clear Christine was done at the conclusion of the project. Otherwise, THIS picture wouldn’t have been one of the primary images used to market “The Dance.”

Quote:
I know. I think SnL love drama.
I think Lindsey didn’t dig it, but played along for the sake of the band, at least until Christine came back.

THE Stephen Hopkins